Notices
ECU Flash

Reserialized Tactrix cable still won't read/write w/ Ecuflash 1.35 and up

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reserialized Tactrix cable still won't read/write w/ Ecuflash 1.35 and up

I've been using ecuflash 1.29 for over a year and a couple months ago I wanted to update to 1.35 but my tactrix 1.3M cable would not read/write with ecuflash 1.35. It still works with evoscan and it would read/write with ecuflash 1.29 but it limits me from utilizing the newer ecuflash features.

Last month per the advice of an evoM member I contacted Tactrix and they assisted me with reserializing my cable. However, this did not help with my read/write problem for ecuflash 1.35 and up. For the past 3 weeks I've emailed tactrix about this problem and I haven't gotten a response. Maybe because of the holidays?

Anyway, does anybody have any ideas as to why my cable will not read/write with ecuflash 1.35 or 1.40 but still works with 1.29 (even though its reserialized)?

Thanks for any opinions.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

i have the same issue man. the only thing i can think of doing is pulling the rom from the ecu with 1.29 then opening it in 1.35-1.40 editing and saving and reflashing with 1.29. u just have to install the 2 different versions of ecuflash in to a dif directory. there is also a 1.3 cord hack on ecuflash boards/ hope this helps.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fknlowpsi
i have the same issue man. the only thing i can think of doing is pulling the rom from the ecu with 1.29 then opening it in 1.35-1.40 editing and saving and reflashing with 1.29. u just have to install the 2 different versions of ecuflash in to a dif directory. there is also a 1.3 cord hack on ecuflash boards/ hope this helps.
Yeah this is what I was doing for a while. I have the cord hack but I would prefer to use the cable the way it was intended to be used.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the same problem: contacted TACTRIX and after re-serializing my cable,
this is what they said when it did not work.

"However, from what I understand, as stated below, if this process doen't work, then it is probably a dying/flakey cable that is past its prime, particularly since its 2 yrs old which can happen with frequent use"

I just ordered a new cable, when it gets here I will see if that was the problem.
Using ver1.40.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Great.... that's just what I need. I was really trying to avoid buying a new $180 cable.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 06:50 PM

I followed the instructions taxtrix sent.
Ran oputiluser /i from the start, run, command
File found here: http://www.openecu.org/wiki/downloads/oputiluser.zip

Sent results to Tactrix and they wrote me back with this to run:
oputiluser /c 13M /r TX39HmV1 with new serial number they sent me (omitted here)

Uninstalled old version of 1.29a I was using and then installed 1.4 with the new cable driver. Worked great for me.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deathtracks
I followed the instructions taxtrix sent.
Ran oputiluser /i from the start, run, command
File found here: http://www.openecu.org/wiki/downloads/oputiluser.zip

Sent results to Tactrix and they wrote me back with this to run:
oputiluser /c 13M /r TX39HmV1 with new serial number they sent me (omitted here)

Uninstalled old version of 1.29a I was using and then installed 1.4 with the new cable driver. Worked great for me.
I accomplished the exact same steps you've listed in the exact order you've listed and it didn't work for me.

I'm still waiting on a reply from Tactrix though, maybe they can shed some light on my problem.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 05:46 AM
Account Disabled

Are you sure that you entered the code correctly so that it put the correct serial # in? I don't mean to talk down but I remember it being tricky, so double and triple check when you are reflashing the firmware in the cable. It was my problem, and many other peoples problem, and many of us got it working correctly. Other than that I'm sorry I can't help you as these are the steps I took to fix the problem. Sorry, it sucks and I know how you feel.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Am I missing something. I'm running 1.40 with the older cable. No issues

Hmmmmmm
Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Am I missing something. I'm running 1.40 with the older cable. No issues

Hmmmmmm
Not everyone had this problem........I bought my cable when they were first released way back when and I never had a single issue with mine. It has worked on every single version of ecuflash, some though have had issues and require the cable fix.....
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
^^ Cool thanks man. Yea me too I've pretty much had my cable since the begining. It's always worked for everything. EVOSCAN, MITSULOGGER, ECUFlash, OBD-II ScanTech
Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dan l
Are you sure that you entered the code correctly so that it put the correct serial # in? I don't mean to talk down but I remember it being tricky, so double and triple check when you are reflashing the firmware in the cable. It was my problem, and many other peoples problem, and many of us got it working correctly. Other than that I'm sorry I can't help you as these are the steps I took to fix the problem. Sorry, it sucks and I know how you feel.
I've tried and retried reserializing using the instructions given to me by tactrix. Nothing I do makes any difference.

Do you think you could provide me the steps you took to make this work?

Or maybe I could PM the instructions and serial # they gave me and you could tell me if there is any mistakes?

This problem is getting on my nerves and I'm about to just give up and run ecuflash 1.29 to flash and 1.40 to make adjustments. Either way thanks for the suggestion.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Issues with cable

I upgraded to ver 1.4x , don't quite remember the exact version, from 1.34.

I had problems, so I went into that add remove programs and uninstalled the old version, and saved the rom files to another file.

Then I reinstalled version 1.4x and everything worked fine.

Some times the drivers conflict with new versions.

Mitsuatb
Old Dec 25, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsuatb
I upgraded to ver 1.4x , don't quite remember the exact version, from 1.34.

I had problems, so I went into that add remove programs and uninstalled the old version, and saved the rom files to another file.

Then I reinstalled version 1.4x and everything worked fine.

Some times the drivers conflict with new versions.

Mitsuatb
I've already tried using different ecuflash versions paired with the different driver versions. Nothing has worked.

Does anybody have the steps they used to reserialize their cables? I'm only asking those people that have had to reserialize their cables through tactrix due to reading/flashing with older 1.3 tactrix cables. Just post the directions you used to successfully reserialize your cables or PM me the directions if you wish.

I really just want to see if anyone elses directions were different from mine.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:54 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Can you post the log from ecuflash? If you haven't yet, try starting the car and driving it around for 10-15 min. Then, with the car still running, try to connect.