Notices
ECU Flash

Easy speed density? First test...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
John,

Since I will be testing SD hopefully very soon (maybe this weekend), I have been reading through the SD threads so that I have a complete understanding of both tuning methods (the mapve and rpmve or the maf scaling/smoothing).

I really like this method, with one exception. If we use this method, it gives us one master VE table, which is nice, but it's limited to the last Hz value that we use, such as the 1800 that you chose. That essentially gives us a VE curve up to that point, and then a flatline from there on, with unchanging VE. Either the fuel maps would need to be used to adjust for changing VE at higher Hz levels or the RPMve map would need to be used at higher RPMs to account for it, thus eliminating the flat 1:1 as was suggested with this method. I'm thinking about bigger turbo scenarios where you may get to 3000Hz ranges, for example.

So, if we would need to adjust the RPMve table anyway, I'm thinking about maybe just using the mapve and RPMve method. That method also seems simple enough, although a bit trickier for those first starting out and not completely understanding what's going on. Maybe once I get to test SD, I will write a how-to using both methods. But I like the RPMve table as that would be the main table to adjust after adding new mods that increase airflow in higher RPM ranges, such as bigger cams, turbo, or intake manifold. With the maf scaling method, it seems like we lose that range for tuning.

Quick question though...did you find any more on whether the 25C cap applies to IPW at all, or is it just timing? When I do this conversion, I am going to change my fuel and timing load axes to psig, but I want to be able to explain in the how-to that this may deviate from your gauge in accordance to temp compensations, or lackof temp compensations.

Eric
Old May 16, 2011, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok first, sorry to bring this thread back, but it is the only one I could fing with the topic of rescaling the Maf smoothing table for matching wideband Afr´s and Afrmap. There are recent developments for the Evo V/VI to run SD with stock ECU with a 3d rpm, MapKpa, and VE% and this results in very accurate load calculations.

But before I go to SD I´ve been making the wideband Afr´s and Afrmap match via the Maf smoothing table up to the 1600 Hz value. My car is currently reaching about 1750 Hz and running much richer near that air flow, so I need to rescale the Maf smootinh table to include 1800 Hz.

According to this thread, it is recommended to merge 1400 Hz and 1600 Hz toghether and add the 1800 Hz value, I have this questions:

Can I merge 100 Hz and 125 Hz instead? I have almost the same calibration for these two values in the Maf smoothing table so it shouldn´t make a difference, also in the Evo V rom they have almost the same flow of 227 and 230.7 g/s.

After adding the 1800 Hz value, do I assume that its current Maf smoothing is 100 (as in zero fuel added or substracted)? And hence start lowering to account for the lower VE at that flow?

After doing the above, nothing else needs changing?

I hope you guys can help out since I would really like to get this right.

Thanks,

Ricardo

Last edited by RJSP; May 16, 2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: wrong information
Old May 16, 2011, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While I can't give you tips on how to scale your table I can tell you that the ECU simply uses the closest value to one in the table after it reaches the end so whatever you have last in the table will be propagated out to infinity.