Notices
ECU Flash

v7 + closed loop wideband or something else incompatible?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:00 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
v7 + closed loop wideband or something else incompatible?

I think someone mentioned that my closed loop wideband patch appeared to be incompatible with tephra's v7 ROM. I lost track of the thread though. Please let me know if it is the closed loop wideband patch or something else (rear O2 heater CEL?)
Old Oct 24, 2009, 05:26 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
I think someone mentioned that my closed loop wideband patch appeared to be incompatible with tephra's v7 ROM. I lost track of the thread though. Please let me know if it is the closed loop wideband patch or something else (rear O2 heater CEL?)
That was me....

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...o2-system.html

My AFRs were all over the place +12.5 low, -12.5 mid ....though the car was driving "OK" (not great). Double checked that I applied your v6t labeled code.

Last edited by fostytou; Oct 24, 2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 08:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by fostytou
That was me....

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...o2-system.html

My AFRs were all over the place +12.5 low, -12.5 mid ....though the car was driving "OK" (not great). Double checked that I applied your v6t labeled code.
Hmm. Kinda strange because neither v6t nor v10t appear to have any ROM address overlap with tephra's v7 ROM. You might want to try using the v10t patch, and make sure to disable the rear O2 sim in the tephra ROM options because that duplicates some of the code in my closed loop wideband patch.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Might you have written the XML and ROM for v7 to operate with a WB as well ? ? ?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Might you have written the XML and ROM for v7 to operate with a WB as well ? ? ?
Not yet. I am thinking a more valuable first step would be to combine live mapping with v7 for the 88590015.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:28 AM
EvoM Community Team

Hrm, I was actually using v6t posted here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-wideband.html ... I think I missed the 10t thread this time around until you made that post. I'll try v10t when I get a chance this week.

Does the routine you wrote just insert itself into the fuel control routines and reference other reference points to the "current" fuel table (i assume this is the case or it wouldn't work with the other tephra roms) or does it actually point to a location?

On a side note, would you mind updating the first post in the v6t thread with a big bold link to your v10t? That might help some people out in the future...
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I *thought* I had an issue with your rear O2 sim, but it is already in the V7 and I tried reapplying it using an old XML that I hadn't deleted. It all works fine right now. I have all your mods except wideband closed loop and all is fine.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 01:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by fostytou
Hrm, I was actually using v6t posted here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-wideband.html ... I think I missed the 10t thread this time around until you made that post. I'll try v10t when I get a chance this week.

Does the routine you wrote just insert itself into the fuel control routines and reference other reference points to the "current" fuel table (i assume this is the case or it wouldn't work with the other tephra roms) or does it actually point to a location?

On a side note, would you mind updating the first post in the v6t thread with a big bold link to your v10t? That might help some people out in the future...
There are two hooks that I use. One hook is in the rear O2 ADC read and is used to call a subroutine that 1) feeds a simulated NB signal from the WB into the front O2 RAM, and 2) creates a simulated rear O2 signal. The second hook is in the AFRMAP subroutine. It simply tricks the code into using octane averaged AFR as the AFR target value intead of a set value of 14.7 that is normally used for closed loop operation. It works seamlessly with tephra's alt maps because its well past the point of where fuel tables are read.

I'll post that link now.