Notices
ECU Flash

Correct way to log LOAD with a 2.0 cable??

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Correct way to log LOAD with a 2.0 cable??

Ive been messing around a LOT with my rom lately, Ive successfully lowered my RPM within the ISCV tables because I was getting a higher than necessary idle on cold starts.

I also successfully leaned out my idle and cruising to 15.6

I did this all in thanks to my LC-1 successfully logging with my analog #2 output hooked up to my #8 pin. Thank you richardjh!!

Having a problem logging correct load though, and also logging only the essential values for that matter. How do I go about loading 2byteload into my logged items? And also how can I streamline my logged variables to only get the stuff I want/need?

Also, Why does this 2.0 split up logs for no reason? does it do it after every idle?

thanks guys
Old May 30, 2011, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

***Edit- figured out how to remove cells that I dont need***

also, Ive configured a formula to convert my AFR volt logs into correct readings. (1.8*X)+8.98

How can I program my ADC code in logcfg.txt to display them without having enter the formula every time in the excel tables
Old May 30, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Im using 2.0 card logging BTW, not cable logging
Old May 30, 2011, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by prowakeskater
I did this all in thanks to my LC-1 successfully logging with my analog #2 output hooked up to my #8 pin. Thank you richardjh!!
No worries!

Having a problem logging correct load though, and also logging only the essential values for that matter. How do I go about loading 2byteload into my logged items? And also how can I streamline my logged variables to only get the stuff I want/need?

Also, Why does this 2.0 split up logs for no reason? does it do it after every idle?

thanks guys
It sounds like your "logcfg.txt" may have "start/stop" triggers for logging. Mine uses one log each engine-start.

Regarding streamlining, just edit that config file and comment out ( the log items you don't want.

You can also group multiple items into "sample groups" (eg. sampgroup=1). The OP2.0 then updates one item in that sample group each cycle, round-robin. Stuff like STFT, LTFT and temperatures simply don't need to be refreshed every cycle. And other fields like TPS could get away with being done "every other" cycle - just pair some up into 2-item sample groups.

Take a look at the sample "logcfg.txt" I posted up here...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/9354109-post27.html

It might give you some ideas.

Rich
Old May 30, 2011, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

How can I program my ADC code in logcfg.txt to display them without having enter the formula every time in the excel tables
Oh yeah, the answer to that is also in my sample "logcfg.txt"!

Rich
Old May 31, 2011, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

dude, you rock

Noticed you observed some Lc-1 tendencies to log .05 volts lower than actual, so I have updated my formula to include that - (X*1.8)+9.03.

I also have utilized your idea to group the cells into appropriated sampgroups to maintain logging speed (which I was concerned about, my csv tables were jam packed with digits ha)

and I have since established that my rom has not been flashed to support 2byte load. Now I just need to figure out what code will work with my 94170015 rom and configure my MUT table accordingly. Simple, right? wrong. Im finding new information that leads me to believe the MUT addresses for 2byte load have all been incorrect for my specific rom. still waiting on confirmation, though

But I think I still need some help with inputting that formula into the ADC code. I noticed you input your own stuff, so the voltage reflects the .05 offset from the lc-1, but all the commas are throwing me off and im unsure it will accept parenthesis. please help?

Last edited by prowakeskater; May 31, 2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old May 31, 2011, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Noticed you observed some Lc-1 tendencies to log .05 volts lower than actual, so I have updated my formula to include that - (X*1.8)+9.03.
The 0.05v offset was just my setup - highly unlikely to be a common trait. It will be my wiring's grounding offsets, and/or a minor inaccuracy here or there between the two units. So you can't trust my work! Sorry....

But... you can easily calibrate it yourself. Reconfigure the LC-1 via LM Programmer software to output a fixed voltage irrespective of AFR. It will appear as a horizontal line on the LM Programmer graph. Log that fixed output on the OP2.0. Don't use a formula... just log x. Do this for 0V, 1V, 2V, 3V, 4V, 5V.

Then take your findings and apply a formula that gets the "real" voltages you saw and converts them into the AFR the LC-1 will be "sending" at each voltage. And you're calibrated.

But I think I still need some help with inputting that formula into the ADC code. I noticed you input your own stuff, so the voltage reflects the .05 offset from the lc-1, but all the commas are throwing me off and im unsure it will accept parenthesis. please help?

Okay, the "scalingrpn" formula thing is in what's known as Reverse Polish Notation. Hence the "rpn" acronym.

When you're used to seeing...

y = x + 1

...in "scalingrpn" world, this will be:

y = x,1,+

The commas are just separators. The important thing is the operator (eg. plus, minus, multiply, divide) actually follows the operands (eg. x)... as opposed to sitting in between them.

Why use RPN? It was probably much easier for the firmware to parse and load up into its internal representation.

So this...

scalingrpn=x,0.001,*,10.05,+

...breaks down as...

( x * 0.001 ) + 10.05

Note how you don't need brackets and stuff in RPN - the order in which operators are applied is unambiguous. You just do the "next" thing in the statement. Programmers love this sort of thing!

Now you say, I just need you to go over one bit again.
And I say, Sure, which bit?
And you say, The bit after "Okay..."

Rich
Old May 31, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

ahhh, ok that makes perfect sense! Thank you so much!
Old May 31, 2011, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

WHOA, how the F do I log Injector duty cycle???
Old May 31, 2011, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, after multiple tests I found my LC-1 was logging .05 volts lower (on average), just like yours. so thats cool

I was also having some difficulties with my formula and figured out the problem after a lot of completely unnecessary frustration. Luckily it clicked and I instantly remembered the simple rule of rate of change. I was able to find my formula after realizing it was just a constant slope graph. And I just aced calculus last term Im an idiot lol

I ended with a formula of (scalingrpn=x,50,+,0.002,*,8,+) for a range of AFR from 8 to 18.

still trying to set the correct MUT definitions for RPM and Load

Last edited by prowakeskater; May 31, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:31 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, after multiple tests I found my LC-1 was logging .05 volts lower (on average), just like yours. so thats cool

I was also having some difficulties with my formula and figured out the problem after a lot of completely unnecessary frustration. Luckily it clicked and I instantly remembered the simple rule of rate of change. I was able to find my formula after realizing it was just a constant slope graph. And I just aced calculus last term Im an idiot lol

I ended with a formula of (scalingrpn=x,50,+,0.002,*,8,+) for a range of AFR from 8 to 18.

still trying to set the correct MUT definitions for RPM and Load

Great to hear.

Did your sampled "fixed voltage" jitter about a bit? Or is yours steady?

My ADC sample varies by +/- 0.05V. That variance is what prompted me to narrow the range used on analogue to 10.0:1 -> 15.0:1. That way, the sampling inaccuracy equates to just +/- 0.05 AFR.

Rich
Old Jun 1, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

it only jittered a little bit, lol

the range went from about .06V at 0 to .04V at 5, so my median/mean was right on .05

Since it was always low, when I factored the missing voltage back in before multiplying it, I should be getting a reading accurate to +/- .02 AFR, but only on average because what I did was take about 300 logged cells from each voltage, then averaged them all to get my determinant.

so far so good, though. Its pretty spot on to my guage readings.

Now to tackle 2byte... Its giving me lots and lots of problems