fuel pump low/high voltage transition table - Page 6 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

fuel pump low/high voltage transition table

Old Jun 3, 2016, 04:13 PM   #76
Evolved Member

Drives: 2004 VIII GSR Built. 2005 DirtyMax SLT mild mods, chipped.

Quote:
Raceghost - To answer your idle fuel pressure question, the standard fuel pressure at idle with the FPR vacuum line disconnected from the intake manifold is 43.5 psi. Don't try and set the fuel pressure with the vacuum line connected. I'll comment that the stock FPR is actually very good, and there is no need to upgrade unless you have a desire to run higher base fuel pressure than stock. For most people, there is no need to use anything other than the stock FPR.
MFred And Ace33Joe,

Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it. I did find the thread on here about how to set an aftermarket FPR. My stock one was done, and this was one of the issues with my fueling issues thread. Originally yesterday it was set with vacuum line connected, and set to 43.5psi. Well it was erratic in reading on the gauge with in a matter of a few minutes, and it threw the trims completely out of wack. Turns out it was actually set at about 50 psi that way. Once I found the thread, I set it the way you discuss as well as the thread discusses, and trims are dialed in nice now.
Thanks again.

Old Feb 11, 2017, 03:09 AM   #77

Drives: Evo 9 MR

Rom

Hi MrFred,

Do you have it for my ROM 88590013

I have the walbro 400 with my EFR 7163 and the AFR gets super rich when transitioning... cruising sucks

Thx
Gunnar
Icleland

Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:37 PM   #78
3kg

Drives: Evo6RS LHD, Volvo V90

This disassembly - candy! Tames the DW400.
& thanks a load

Old Aug 2, 2017, 01:05 PM   #79
EvoM Guru

Drives: Evo IX MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo EFR7163 View Post
Hi MrFred,

Do you have it for my ROM 88590013

I have the walbro 400 with my EFR 7163 and the AFR gets super rich when transitioning... cruising sucks

Thx
Gunnar
Icleland
Sorry I never saw this. Let me know if you still need it.

Old Aug 24, 2017, 06:01 AM   #80
Evolved Member

Drives: 2004 VIII GSR Built. 2005 DirtyMax SLT mild mods, chipped.

Quote:
Can I ask what injectors, and Size. I cam across a solution when I was struggling and even had my transition table adjusted.

Small pulse width can be adjusted as well, and might be of help.

MRFRED's thread on that can be of help.

Simple rule, HIGH Z require less pulse width than stock. LOW Z require more pulse width than stock.

I corrected some cruise surging issue right on the transition from low to high fueling by adjusting the small pulse width tables.