Notices
ECU Flash

Tuning Issue Evo Mr with SSP 600 kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning Issue Evo Mr with SSP 600 kit

Friend of mine Rick Messer has a built 2011 Evo Mr with all ETS bolt-ons and an upgraded SSP 600 transmission kit and cooler. His car was at Moore Automotive in Fairfax, Va on 2 separate occasions and on the third occasion it was there for tuning for over 40 days. The problem lies with the tune on the car from a dead stop in Sport and Normal modes. The car will not accelerate from a dead stop in either one of these modes. It will launch in Super Sport mode on launch control and it accelerates fine and runs perfect. But if you are driving the car in the other two modes and you want to take off briskly at a red light all you get is nothing the car just slowly starts moving no boost at all. To prove the point I out run him in my wives Prius through the 1/8 mile that's how bad it is. IMHO its a tuning issue with the transmission computer and engine computer talking quickly enough to each other its like one is speaking English and the other is speaking Russian. Any advice or guidance concerning this would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 04:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
First advice.. Evo x section.