Notices
ECU Flash

Fueling issue. PLEASE HELP. Possible Tune, possible mechanical failure.

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Raceghost

When short term kicks in, its adding 2% of fuel, then drops to +/- 2% and remains steady that way, this is utilizing the scaling and latencies I have listed. So I'm not seeing the results your suggesting.
So you are saying that even with the STFT oscillating +/- 2% the car is idling crappy and showing lean on the wideband? That would suggest to me an issue with your factory o2 sensor.

With regards to the pump, mine only runs when I crank the starter.

You are on the right track with what you are doing. If your factory narrow band sensor is working properly and you still are unable to get the car to drive acceptably after taking the time to play around with everything then change the injectors.
Old May 23, 2016, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
o you are saying that even with the STFT oscillating +/- 2% the car is idling crappy and showing lean on the wideband? That would suggest to me an issue with your factory o2 sensor.
This is right after the car fire's. It gets to 1000 RPM and runs lean on the band, and no trims in logs. Runs this way for approx 60 sec, then AFR's richen up as it Idles up to 1400 and smoothly back down to 1000. I will replacing the 02 this week sometime. I read the volts on the 02 in the logs, and it oscillates rich to lean, never settles to a smaller oscillation.

Have some interesting info on the tests I ran today at scaling size 1044, I'll post them when I have more time.
Old May 24, 2016, 02:04 AM
Evolved Member

So you are saying that even with the STFT oscillating +/- 2% the car is idling crappy and showing lean on the wideband? That would suggest to me an issue with your factory o2 sensor.
This is right after the car fire's. It gets to 1000 RPM and runs lean on the band, and no trims in logs. Runs this way for approx 60 sec, then AFR's richen up as it Idles up to 1400 and smoothly back down to 1000. I will replacing the 02 this week sometime. I read the volts on the 02 in the logs, and it oscillates rich to lean, never settles to a smaller oscillation.

Results are in with today's test. I'm beginning to think like MFRED, unless I missed something in the test results today as to one of the settings I tried being good.

Let me know what you think of the new results, and new new results happening today after these tests.

Thanks again guys.
Old May 24, 2016, 07:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Shot in the dark, are you using a Omnipower MAP sensor? If so, replace the o-ring with the OEM o-ring.

The Omnipower MAP sensor comes with a slightly smaller o-ring and sometimes it doesn't seal like the OEM o-ring does and leads to all sorts of problems. One of which is pulling your hair out trying to get the car to idle well and having it not respond much to your injector tuning.

I had forgot about it and was tuning a 9 this last weekend and it was killing me until I remembered the o-ring issue, swapped o-rings and it idled perfect and I could actually tune the car again.

Worth a try if you are using one...
Old May 24, 2016, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

The Omnipower MAP sensor comes with a slightly smaller o-ring and sometimes it doesn't seal like the OEM o-ring does and leads to all sorts of problems. One of which is pulling your hair out trying to get the car to idle well and having it not respond much to your injector tuning.
How did you know? Yes, I am on an Omni 4 bar. Still have my old sensor somewhere. It has been in the dust for about 7 years though... you think the O ring is still good though after that long? Also, is there a way to clean the Map Sensor?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
How did you know?
From prior experience of installing a Omni MAP sensor and the idle being complete crap directly after, swapping the o-ring and idle magically getting better.

Yes, I am on an Omni 4 bar. Still have my old sensor somewhere. It has been in the dust for about 7 years though... you think the O ring is still good though after that long?
You have had the Omni 4 bar installed for 7 years? I'm sure you can find a similar size o-ring. I would assume the stock one has become brittle at this point.
Old May 24, 2016, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

You have had the Omni 4 bar installed for 7 years? I'm sure you can find a similar size o-ring. I would assume the stock one has become brittle at this point.
Yes it was in the first round of mods back in 2009 or 10. I found my stock sensor, O-ring was beautiful. gave it a little oil to soften it up(it was already pretty soft, wiped it clean, then installed. Definitely noticed the thickness change from the omni one. It was a little harder to push in. Helped a little as I ran around town looking at logs, and letting the car idle.

Checked the BISS adjustment with the actuator, and it is oddly enough still dancing around and wanting hover back up towards 1300 rpms. But then in the same test, it will drop to 1000 which is where I have it set. Any ideas? IAC going bad?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

I'd like to give a big shout out to Merlin, he helped me get back on track. Several issues in the idle and fueling tuning from the tune I paid for in SLC. It looks like several ISCV settings and base fueling settings were off, so when I was trying to scale injectors, it was throwing those settings off. Garbage data in, garbage data out. Got things pretty well setup and running correctly. Have a decent scaling and latency value's to donate to the list on these FIC1350's. Now just working on getting all the little bugs out, so I can really tune. By no means am I tuned, but hopefully Merlin and I will get that done in the coming days. The Greats are great for a reason. Thanks again.