Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

cbrd and bbk FTW

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 06:06 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's at the beginning of the pull... it just shows the max. Note the AFR curve...
Old May 27, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by meanmud
Nice results

- can't make the plunge fast enough Gotta take care of some aero issues right now.

Anyway, are they the new GSC S2 Cams??

yeah the cams are the new gsc s2. after talking with greg over at gsc he took real good care of me and made sure i got a their new design. greg was great to work with and a real honest and knowledgable guy and i would definately recomend doing business with gsc. customer service for the win!!
Old May 27, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoDom
looks good....12.3 AFR'S??? whats that about....a bit lean?...no?
caleb hit it right on the nose. the 12.3 is a the start of the pull and it drops down to 11.3 at the onset of boost and by red lline one pull is at 11.2 (more power) and the other is at 11.0 (last pull)
Old May 27, 2009, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atkins
yeah the cams are the new gsc s2. after talking with greg over at gsc he took real good care of me and made sure i got a their new design. greg was great to work with and a real honest and knowledgable guy and i would definately recomend doing business with gsc. customer service for the win!!
Agreed - Greg is a Very Good Guy
Old May 28, 2009, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

i thought you'd be making a bit more power. hmm.
Old May 28, 2009, 06:48 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Why? His numbers are right inline what what you should expect out of a well setup evo on pump gas on a typical low-reading mustang dyno. 375whp on this dyno is like 425-435whp on a dynojet, this turbo is no joke!
Old May 28, 2009, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ernald711
i thought you'd be making a bit more power. hmm.
i would like to see it to hold more boost across the curve, which i know it can do if the car will accept it without knock, in the end that would make more power, but in no way am i disappointed or think it came up short in anyway. hopefully i can get a hold of chad and see if i can get his intercooler on the car to see if that will help with the knocking that was going on up top. the car is a monster, pulled on a heavily modded sti last night like it was standing still, i think i embarsed him. opps!

im also still on the stock blow off valve, if that thing is leeking it will cause the turbo to blow hotter air which isnt good for knock either, only prob is i cant find anyone with the aps twin vent in stock. if someone can help me out here shoot me a pm!

Last edited by atkins; May 28, 2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:02 AM
Former Sponsor

that is one impressive power band.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

my 8 was somewhat in the same ballpark as you. i'm tuned at 378whp/350wtq with similar mods. I don't know what dyno it was as well. Also i'm tuned at 26psi on the 9 DV on 92. I would put up my graph, but i don't have a scanner.

your mods.........................vs................... ......... mine
cbrd bbk full ported turbo................................. same
gsc s2 cams and beehive springs..................... GSC S1 stock springs
ported i/m and t/b............................................. stock
jm fab exhaust manifold.................................... Borla Ex Manifold
rc 750 injectors......................................... ......... PTE 1000
perrin complete intake....................................... K&N Typhoon
perrin ebcs.............................................. ........... AEM TruBoost
megan o2 housing........................................... .. same
buschur v-band turbo back................................ Greddy TI
ets 3.5 inch intercooler and short route piping.. ETS 3" stock UICP
arp head studs............................................. ..... same

Last edited by ernald711; Jun 2, 2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

got a hold of chad and i will be going up there tom for a slight retune with the cbrd front mount and a aps twin vent bov. will update tom night.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Nice results.

I would be interested in seeing the intercooler compare as well.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE!!!!

as i posted i went back to cbrd today to see what their garret core intercooler could do for my car power wise. i appologize but there was not enough time to do direct back to back testing on the dyno but i have some real good info to share.

just bolting the intercooler on the car made about the same power as with the ets core but i lost a full psi in pressure drop. after we got the baseline down chad worked his magic and was able to pull a 27whp/19wtq out of the tune. the efficiency of their core allowed him to add more timing and lean out the mix a little while staying knock free. we used just about the same psi as before, (.4 difference) and the results speek for themselves.

just to give yo guys the variables

there was a 0.3 degree change in temp from my last tune to this one, maybe 3 weeks ago, but the nasty rainy weather we have right now added about a 25% increase in humidity. i ended up with 399.5 whp and 337 wtq on the final tune. could of made 400 if it wasnt for the weather.

here is the graph showing the final pull from my first tune without the cbrd i/c against the final pull on todays tune. once again the only difference was adding the cbrd i/c and some tunning

enjoy and let me know what you think and if someone can help me with hosting the image again i would appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails cbrd and bbk FTW-scan.jpg  
Old Jun 4, 2009, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by atkins
UPDATE!!!!

as i posted i went back to cbrd today to see what their garret core intercooler could do for my car power wise. i appologize but there was not enough time to do direct back to back testing on the dyno but i have some real good info to share.

just bolting the intercooler on the car made about the same power as with the ets core but i lost a full psi in pressure drop. after we got the baseline down chad worked his magic and was able to pull a 27whp/19wtq out of the tune. the efficiency of their core allowed him to add more timing and lean out the mix a little while staying knock free. we used just about the same psi as before, (.4 difference) and the results speek for themselves.

just to give yo guys the variables

there was a 0.3 degree change in temp from my last tune to this one, maybe 3 weeks ago, but the nasty rainy weather we have right now added about a 25% increase in humidity. i ended up with 399.5 whp and 337 wtq on the final tune. could of made 400 if it wasnt for the weather.

here is the graph showing the final pull from my first tune without the cbrd i/c against the final pull on todays tune. once again the only difference was adding the cbrd i/c and some tunning

enjoy and let me know what you think and if someone can help me with hosting the image again i would appreciate it.
Congrats! Can't wait to get my car back I have a similar set up except I'm runnin the Kelford 272s. Hows the butt dyno?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

very nice numbers
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
*edit*
Nevermind, found my answer in your first post.

Quick Reply: cbrd and bbk FTW