Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

500whp, Red, E85, Stock ECU, Mojo Motorsport Tuned (Long Island, NY)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500whp, Red, E85, Stock ECU, Mojo Motorsport Tuned (Long Island, NY)

Matt and I really like how his car turned out so I am posting up here. On a Dynojet (Tri-State Autosports in Queens) the car made 507whp at 31 psi and 475whp at 28psi on E85, an FP Red, and the stock ECU set up to run an E85 and a 93 octane map with the flip of a switch. Huge thank you to Tephra and Jack_of_Trades on the alternate maps and switching harness.

Dyno, alternate map and dual stage boost controller switches and alternate map light pictured below. As a side note, the DLL numbers for this car were almost identical to the Dynojet numbers.

Anyone in the tri-state area looking to have a similar setup done or anything else just give me a call or send an email and we can make it happen. -Adam, Mojo Motorsport.

Last edited by Adam@MMS; Aug 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:51 PM

I just want to thank Adam, he did an excellent job tuning my car. Car is a beast on e85. The switch is great because i can go from 93oct map to e85 map with flip of switch all on the Stock ECU. The other switch is for dual stage boost controller. I have been to a bunch of big name shops in the tri-state area and hands down Adam at Mojo Motorsports has been my best experience and best customer service to date.

The dyno was having trouble calculating the torque but i calculated the torque going by rpms and horsepower it puts down 501 torque at 4800rpms=55mph in 3rd gear, on the graph. It was also 90 degrees at time of dyno. I can't wait to go to track see what it does in 1/4 mile.

Mods are listed below.

Last edited by deuce329; Jul 31, 2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excellent work Adam Talk to you soon.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:12 PM
Former Sponsor

how does it feel on 93 octane ???

is this a COOL SEt up on pump????
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

I can't wait for you to go to the track either. Good luck and grats on the numbers.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by gfng
how does it feel on 93 octane ???

is this a COOL SEt up on pump????
It feels great on 93 pump too pulls hard all the way to almost 8k very hard compared to stock turbo which fell off at 6k.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 07:29 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by deuce329
It feels great on 93 pump too pulls hard all the way to almost 8k very hard compared to stock turbo which fell off at 6k.
Not to be a jerk and a hater but the power seems alittle low for e85 i was thinking in the mid 500 range...
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

I think thats plenty of power. He's using stock cams!!!
Old Aug 2, 2009, 08:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8'S
Not to be a jerk and a hater but the power seems alittle low for e85 i was thinking in the mid 500 range...
Ugh. The car is capable of making more power on the E85. We are certainly not at the limit of the fuel's octane. 35psi would give you the mid 500's you speak of assuming a 10whp gain per psi. If you are saying that 507whp at 31psi is low then I disagree.

I don't know what you are running, are you making a lot more power on a similar setup? If not and you wanted to set your car up on a Red and E85 and hit mid 500's you certainly could and I would be more than happy to help you do that. -Adam
Old Aug 3, 2009, 07:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mojo Motorsport
Matt and I really like how his car turned out so I am posting up here. On a Dynojet (Tri-State Autosports in Queens) the car made 507whp at 31 psi and 475whp at 28psi on E85, an FP Red, and the stock ECU set up to run an E85 and a 93 octane map with the flip of a switch. Huge thank you to Tephra and Malibu Jack on the alternate maps and switching harness.

Dyno, alternate map and dual stage boost controller switches and alternate map light pictured below. As a side note, the DLL numbers for this car were almost identical to the Dynojet numbers.

Anyone in the tri-state area looking to have a similar setup done or anything else just give me a call or send an email and we can make it happen. -Adam, Mojo Motorsport.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Good stuff. Glad to see you working with some corn fuel! Keep up the great work Adam! Remember, our dyno is right around the corner
Old Aug 3, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Would it be possible to post up the DLL and vehicle settings you used? Trying to get an idea of what weight & tire diameters you inputted.

Good power btw
Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Would it be possible to post up the DLL and vehicle settings you used? Trying to get an idea of what weight & tire diameters you inputted.

Good power btw
Thanks. Evoscan beta 15 doesn't log as smooth as it needs to on my machine so the DLL graph looks like poop but the peak hp numbers still seem to be valid. I use the weight and tire diameter that are already in there for an Evo 8. 400 pounds on the additional weight for two good sized guys driving and tuning. I tried this the other day https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...simulator.html . It puts out similar numbers and I think I like it better than DLL. DLL graph below.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks. Evoscan beta 15 doesn't log as smooth as it needs to on my machine so the DLL graph looks like poop but the peak hp numbers still seem to be valid. I use the weight and tire diameter that are already in there for an Evo 8. 400 pounds on the additional weight for two good sized guys driving and tuning. I tried this the other day https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...simulator.html . It puts out similar numbers and I think I like it better than DLL. DLL graph below.

[IMG][/IMG]
I use vdr. Can you post the vdr plot?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice numbers
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:44 AM
Account Disabled

Ugh. The car is capable of making more power on the E85. We are certainly not at the limit of the fuel's octane. 35psi would give you the mid 500's you speak of assuming a 10whp gain per psi. If you are saying that 507whp at 31psi is low then I disagree.

I don't know what you are running, are you making a lot more power on a similar setup? If not and you wanted to set your car up on a Red and E85 and hit mid 500's you certainly could and I would be more than happy to help you do that. -Adam
I hope u didn't take it the wrong way about that horsepower number it's alot of power usually i see the same setup in the mid 500's thats all,... and as far as my setup ill let u know thanks.....

Quick Reply: 500whp, Red, E85, Stock ECU, Mojo Motorsport Tuned (Long Island, NY)