Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

The Shop evo 8 fp red 93 octane tune by junior!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shop evo 8 fp red 93 octane tune by junior!

hey guys i will post the dyno sheet in a little while but i would just like to thank junior for tuning my car and jimmy for taking care of me when i got to The Shop. i am very happy with my results and once i get a bigger FMIC i will be back to make more power! i ran shell 93 octane gas at 26 pounds of boost. my car made 405whp and about 360wtq on the dyno dynamics dyno. i wish there wasnt so much traffic on the way home but the car feels real strong!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evo4life400
hey guys i will post the dyno sheet in a little while but i would just like to thank junior for tuning my car and jimmy for taking care of me when i got to The Shop. i am very happy with my results and once i get a bigger FMIC i will be back to make more power! i ran shell 93 octane gas at 26 pounds of boost. my car made 405whp and about 360wtq on the dyno dynamics dyno. i wish there wasnt so much traffic on the way home but the car feels real strong!
nICE POWER WHAT WAS THE CORRECTION FACTOR?tHE RED AT 26 PSI JUST STARTS TO WAKE UP U HAVE TO FEEL IT AT 30 PSI WITH METH...
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

im pretty sure jimmy didnt use the dynojet correction but he said on a mustang dyno it was around 390 and his dyno was 405. the intercooler was really holding me back but once i get a new clutch i may do meth. my ets 3 inch was hot as hell....as soon as i get some cash i am going to get a CBRD intercooler
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

im pretty sure jimmy didnt use the dynojet correction but he said on a mustang dyno it was around 390 and his dyno was 405. the intercooler was really holding me back but once i get a new clutch i may do meth. my ets 3 inch was hot as hell....as soon as i get some cash i am going to get a CBRD intercooler

same here...****ty turbo xs fmic limited me to only 23.6 psi....still made like 371 on the md....i too will be installing the cbrd fmic and retune
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by griffeyr
same here...****ty turbo xs fmic limited me to only 23.6 psi....still made like 371 on the md....i too will be installing the cbrd fmic and retune
nice!! yeah i saw your video on youtube! you got tuned by CBRD i think right?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

sorry its sideways....i dont feel like flipping it haha

Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey congrats on the numbers. I'm glad the turbo worked out for you. There's still more left in it. You'll see.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

where in CT are u from? Also Junior is a great tuner. Jimmy gives the best customer service anyone can ask for. Jimmy and Junior worked out all my bugs to get me 500+whp out of my red.

Last edited by Wht9er; Aug 15, 2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats
Old Aug 15, 2009, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Once again great numbers coming from Jimmy and Junior. Are you going to the shootout tomorrow? BTW your dyno sheet looks just like mine....when I get my funds up I will do a new clutch and meth. But I can't complain about the final results. To the OP dude that sucks about the IC man. I'm actually curios to find out from Junior the different load values on the map. Everyone is always asking if there is a difference from 64mm to 80mm. When you get this retuned with the new IC or the meth your numbers are going to be 500 easy!
Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

thanks guys! i enjoyed going there...there were so many nice cars, jimmy helped me out and junior is the man. i have the 64mm and me and junior didnt talk much about the difference but he did say the 80mm is louder.

i have a question for you guys....when i punch it the turbo makes a little noise almost like a boost leak then goes away...i lose no power but it scares me lol. i cant wait until i get intercooler....CBRD made a huge one that fits with the stock bumper beam and stuff so i will jump on that asap.

also i am from bethlehem and i would love to go to the shootout but i am a good 3+ hours away.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

A better IC will help tremendously. What were the temps on the dyno?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
thanks guys! i enjoyed going there...there were so many nice cars, jimmy helped me out and junior is the man. i have the 64mm and me and junior didnt talk much about the difference but he did say the 80mm is louder.
The 80mm is so loud and right now I have the HKS filter for now so you hear it even more. It sounds kind of like when your in traffic and you hear a semi's turbo right next to you

i have a question for you guys....when i punch it the turbo makes a little noise almost like a boost leak then goes away...i lose no power but it scares me lol. i cant wait until i get intercooler....CBRD made a huge one that fits with the stock bumper beam and stuff so i will jump on that asap.
The noise your hearing sounds like compressor surge which is the reason why I got the 80mm....plus I figured since I was doing as much as my budget could afford I figured go 80 since there was no extra charge for it.

also i am from bethlehem and i would love to go to the shootout but i am a good 3+ hours away.
I have no idea where that is but it sounds pretty far. Too bad though its going to be a goodin

Oh BTW what oil feed line did you use?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

haha i havent heard of that town either. dballz what town are u from?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 06:42 PM
Account Disabled

i have the 80 mm too and it actually sounds like a ufo..the 80 mm holds boost on top better and no surge..

Quick Reply: The Shop evo 8 fp red 93 octane tune by junior!