Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Tomei Arms Round 2!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CWiLL
good luck and sorry to hear about 91 lol j/k
lol
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Guys,

I'm really interested in the Tomei ARMS but I have seen in an european Forum about a chrashed TOMEI about around 1500 miles and this makes me a little bit confuse.

The TOMEI Owners here.... How many miles have you driven ?

I don't like to change the Block internals of the EVO 8 and so I don't like to drive an FP Red etc. I think the Tomei ARMS is the right one for my project but I don't like to have damage Tomei after few miles ?

How about warranty ? The exhaust housing was broken... seems like a material error.

Peter
Old Nov 18, 2009, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

This is a pre series TOMEI turbo, a testing unit. The current unit have an improved turbine housing
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

^^yea that looked kinda weird, I've driven my Tomei for about 6000 miles and a lot of passes to the track and it didn't look bad at all.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Sound good I would prefer the TOMEI over all other aftermarket BoltOn solutions.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

I think following sounds good to all TOMEI User !

QUOTE:

This problem has been ironed out and TOMEI has changed the molding for the exhaust housing since last June.

TOMEI promise will replace the first released turbo to customer if it breaks.

This issue happened on the exhaust housing with Tomei logo model supplied from July or August.

So the cracked housing model must be shipped before July.

There were two similar problems reported from other customers 4-5 months ago and since then, Tomei have inspected all turbo housings when they received from factory. Hence the turbo you are buying now will have no problem.

Please rest assure about the TOMEI turbo.. all of them has been inspected thoroughly by TOMEI Engineer when they received from Factory before they ship it out.

Please reassure customer that if any TOMEI product damaged caused by product defect like this one, TOMEI is willing to replace it.

Peter
Old Nov 20, 2009, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Peter10654
I think following sounds good to all TOMEI User !

QUOTE:

This problem has been ironed out and TOMEI has changed the molding for the exhaust housing since last June.

TOMEI promise will replace the first released turbo to customer if it breaks.

This issue happened on the exhaust housing with Tomei logo model supplied from July or August.

So the cracked housing model must be shipped before July.

There were two similar problems reported from other customers 4-5 months ago and since then, Tomei have inspected all turbo housings when they received from factory. Hence the turbo you are buying now will have no problem.

Please rest assure about the TOMEI turbo.. all of them has been inspected thoroughly by TOMEI Engineer when they received from Factory before they ship it out.

Please reassure customer that if any TOMEI product damaged caused by product defect like this one, TOMEI is willing to replace it.

Peter
So, let me get this right.....the turbos with the TOMEI LOGO are the ones that have problems? Dont they all have TOMEI logos? Or the new revised ones dont have TOMEI logos?

Im just a little concerned cause I have one that has the TOMEI logo.

Can someone please clarify...thanks
Old Nov 20, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Sounds like just the very first ones, not all of them with TOMEI logos.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know, I haven't had any problems and I know a couple other people with Tomei's and they all seem ok.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

In my case it sounds the "LOGO" should be on the exhaust side on the turbo not an the air side, but if there are Tomei User with scrupulousness take a picture of your exhaust side (if possible) and send it to TOMEI USA.

These would be the way I would go if I had a TOMEI ARMS but on the other side... Never change a running system. If you have no Probs, I'd do nothing.

BTW: This happens to the best manufacture and I'll buy the ARMS definitely... In my opinion we drive Japan engineered cars and I'd like to have an aftermarket turbo also built by Japanese.

Peter

Last edited by Peter10654; Nov 21, 2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sure hope when this happens they expedite the replacement and not require you to send it in first to then send a replacement. This is simply a manufacturing defect on their part and not a questionable failure that needs determination if it was installer error.

A simple credit card deposit would suffice if they think it is going to be a fraudulent transaction....
Old Dec 4, 2009, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

I noticed only 1 case ever... Never seen any damage again from TOMEI anywhere online, so I think this was really a bad mistake and TOMEI will sort it out asap.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

any recent arms results?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Peter10654
Hey Guys,

I'm really interested in the Tomei ARMS but I have seen in an european Forum about a chrashed TOMEI about around 1500 miles and this makes me a little bit confuse.

The TOMEI Owners here.... How many miles have you driven ?

I don't like to change the Block internals of the EVO 8 and so I don't like to drive an FP Red etc. I think the Tomei ARMS is the right one for my project but I don't like to have damage Tomei after few miles ?

How about warranty ? The exhaust housing was broken... seems like a material error.

Peter
Hi everybody!
You are not alone - we have 2 more issues here (in Ukraine and Russia) - both turbo differs only by 10 digits in SN - i'll post pictures...
BTW - can somebody help me to fix it with tomei - because my supplier avoid my claims.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:09 AM

2 different turbos, the same story - about 1000miles on them...

Quick Reply: Tomei Arms Round 2!!!!!