Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

beware if u got a dg motors tune!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:46 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beware if u got a dg motors tune!

Cut the guy some slack...here is a little fixup for the whiners:

I had a setup done by dg.motors almost the end of the summer... fp.80mm red..injecters..o2 housing..arp headstuds..meth ...and the famous keronic tune... after they installed everything and tuned it, i was asking the tuner to push the car more on the dyno because i wanted more power! The car on the dyno looked like it was lazy and wanted to make more power..

This tuner is a very rude person and has no respect for his customers is arguing with me saying that it is aggressive enough and that the car is making alot of power and mr pete aka dyno Magician says to me look at the graph its at 1.0 correction and its making 424 horsepower that's some amazing power on this dyno ..so i asked him how do figure out dynojet numbers...he says to me u take 18 percent and add it and u will have it...so that would be around 500 whp or more...i was so happy to see this and hear the numbers...so they put the car on the street and i drove it and i said to myself this doesn't feel like 500whp....so i said to my self maybe cause its really hot outside?...

Iwent away for a couple of months and came back and the weather was a bit colder and drove the car and took my friend for a ride and he even said i'm not making the power that there claming..he also had work done at dg.motrs too and they were telling him his car is a freak and its making the most power on there dyno for his setup.... my friend had some cams installed there not to long a go and put down some impressive numbers ,while i was there i asked charlie (aka keronic) about my tune that was done with him and asked him if my car was on kill mode or if it was aggressive and he said no not at all, and then i asked him can u make more power and he responded yes much more call me a retune and then i started to think in my head that something is wrong.... so we decided to end this matter once and for all to go to a dyno jet and dyno the car for real number so we went to Tri-State Autosport

The owner romeo and his son strapped the car down and starting doing some pulls..... i was so depressed to see the screen the car was so laggy and breaking up everywhere...also my friend didnt put down the numbers to that they were claiming...i decided to call someone else to come and log my car and see what the problem was and he found so many problem it's rediculous, lets start by charlie aka keronic....this guy is a total scammer that he loaded up a base map pump tune while i had meth.....no timming,wrong injecter scaling,idle too high,no antilag which i kept requesting and he said i need anti lag ports etc.etc.,no mivic timing the list just goes on and on........

So erkel starting going over the car and found some loose clamps the throttle body clamp not even hooked on the metal it was on the hose,and a clamp loose so he tighted down everything and checked for boost leaks,and the he started doing some road tune pulls and with in 5 pulls the car started to feel like a different beast,so after that we were off to the dyno for some final adjustments and ran into some other problem on the dyno it was miss firing so urkel says i bet u the plugs are gaped wrong and he was right dg motors gaped then all wrong 1 plug 28,2 plug 27,3 plug 24 ,4 plug,26...so we gapped the right specs 22. urkel did one pull from the road tune off the street and made the same base line power on 27psi then charlie aka keronic did on 31psi that's sad......then we decided to turn up the wick to 30 psi and we got 490whp compared to 459whp that it struggled to make on 31 psi and note....charlie aka keronic pulls were done on 4th gear which will yields more power cause of my 6spd tranny while arkel did it on 3rd gear....urkel wanted more power added more fuel cause the car was straving it was on 12.1.and some timing and the car made over 500 whp and 445 of tq and he had to pull off due to a slipping clutch it never did it before cause there was no power...cant wait to put a new clutch in and add 3 more pound and some timing probably be in the 530 range...and tq around 470....

Urkel explained everything to me step by step he even added antilag like i wanted thanks again urkel ..if anyone has any questions about the tunes from dg motors u can pm me.... i surprised no ones car blow up yet i had so many knock counts......keronic is a joke.. just look at his tune compared to urkels......dg motrs is the biggest fraud's they should be banned from evo m and everthing else.
Attached Thumbnails beware if u got a dg motors tune!-picture-003.jpg   beware if u got a dg motors tune!-picture.jpg   beware if u got a dg motors tune!-picture-001.jpg   beware if u got a dg motors tune!-picture-002.jpg  

Last edited by Noize; Dec 14, 2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:58 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm sorry dude, you need to reformat that post. I got through about 1/3 of it and gave up, it is literally *impossible* to read.

Sounds like a CF though, not sure what the ultimate point of this post is though. You got tuned, made good power, got retuned, made more power?
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scheides
I'm sorry dude, you need to reformat that post. I got through about 1/3 of it and gave up, it is literally *impossible* to read.

Sounds like a CF though, not sure what the ultimate point of this post is though. You got tuned, made good power, got retuned, made more power?
..you made it farther than me....
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:01 PM
Account Disabled

sorry bro suck at this stuff..lol...but look at the grahs made more power 50 whp with the new retune.

Last edited by Noize; Dec 14, 2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm in for the drama
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:10 PM
Account Disabled

lol x2
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Seriously man, who learned you how to spoke?

But, on another note, DG is taking a serious beating lately...
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kirk212
Yea I only got through about half of that before my eyes started to twitch out. You really need some puncuation in there for anyone to take it seriously. When I read it, it made it sound like I was reading a teenage IM conversation... .no offense.
i was kinda pissed off writing this thread to many thoughts on my mind not trying to get the best grade in my class..l. but trying to get a point across....that dg motors just lie to customers and that's not right..
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

nice, I just wasted my time reading that cluster-***. Well I bet you feel pretty stupid since you PRAISED dg and "how much power your car was making." and now that you found out the car was not what it was claimed to be u turn on them. Oh well. Atleast you got a better tune now.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8'S
i was kinda pissed off writing this thread to many thoughts on my mind not trying to get the best grade in my class..l. but trying to get a point across....that dg motors just lie to customers and that's not right..
agree.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by staatz
nice, I just wasted my time reading that cluster-***. Well I bet you feel pretty stupid since you PRAISED dg and "how much power your car was making." and now that you found out the car was not what it was claimed to be u turn on them. Oh well. Atleast you got a better tune now.
as u live u learn and your right 100%......it's not my fault no one can be trusted these days....but im happy now...
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Good, now go enjoy the car.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Basically the dyno they have isn't a 15 percent drivetrain loss. They been reporting that they put down better numbers than everyone and it was all a lie. Example xrims trap times 111mph with 430hp on a dd dyno. My car didn't equal out also and I will post the graph tomorrow. On their dyno my car made 345hp 375tq and on the dynojet made 363hp 375tq. IDRNKV8 had a really bad tune which was probably rushed and careless. The car had a pump gas tune and he was running meth. The graph shows everything no need to explain. His car runs so much better now and is where the customer wanted to be. We contacted Pete he said go F yourself you made good power. How can you speak to a customer like that who has been praising your shop? He told IDNRKV8 he made great power! 460hp with 30psi meth? So all of the hype they had with tee jay car making 740hp on a dynojet is a bunch of bull****! The race car numbers they have are fake also. I'm getting a retune on monday or tuesday. I can imagine what's wrong with my map now! Pete posts fake graphs on the forums just to get business! He changes correction factors and they are always whispering when they tune your car. I can't believe they will lie to customers that have been so good to them. He told me good luck finding another shop that will charge so lil and do my work. I rather pay a few more and get it done right and not deal with fake numbers that won't trap right. Other than the lies they have done some good things for us we thank them for that but our cars weren't where they should be. The shop is not knowledgeable of a lot and they use your car as an experiment. Last couple of visits to DG he hasn't had any business I wonder why? I really don't care I will find another shop and someone who can give me honest numbers and take care of my car. I understand they are an up and coming shop but they can practice on someone elses car not mine! Anyway just looking out for the rest of the evo community pm me if you need to know anything. Thanks guys!
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Who cares how he writes just read the post. He is angry and speaking his mind. I will call his teacher from college to reformat it hahah. I will guarantee every car they tuned will not perform well on a dynojet numbers won't match up! Everyone go get a retune ASAP! Pete did not tune my car charlie did but it's Pete's dyno so whatever. There is just so much to say but it's not worth my time.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by XEVOX08
Basically the dyno they have isn't a 15 percent drivetrain loss. They been reporting that they put down better numbers than everyone and it was all a lie. Example xrims trap times 111mph with 430hp on a dd dyno. My car didn't equal out also and I will post the graph tomorrow. On their dyno my car made 345hp 375tq and on the dynojet made 363hp 375tq. IDRNKV8 had a really bad tune which was probably rushed and careless. The car had a pump gas tune and he was running meth. The graph shows everything no need to explain. His car runs so much better now and is where the customer wanted to be. We contacted Pete he said go F yourself you made good power. How can you speak to a customer like that who has been praising your shop? He told IDNRKV8 he made great power! 460hp with 30psi meth? So all of the hype they had with tee jay car making 740hp on a dynojet is a bunch of bull****! The race car numbers they have are fake also. I'm getting a retune on monday or tuesday. I can imagine what's wrong with my map now! Pete posts fake graphs on the forums just to get business! He changes correction factors and they are always whispering when they tune your car. I can't believe they will lie to customers that have been so good to them. He told me good luck finding another shop that will charge so lil and do my work. I rather pay a few more and get it done right and not deal with fake numbers that won't trap right. Other than the lies they have done some good things for us we thank them for that but our cars weren't where they should be. The shop is not knowledgeable of a lot and they use your car as an experiment. Last couple of visits to DG he hasn't had any business I wonder why? I really don't care I will find another shop and someone who can give me honest numbers and take care of my car. I understand they are an up and coming shop but they can practice on someone elses car not mine! Anyway just looking out for the rest of the evo community pm me if you need to know anything. Thanks guys!
thanks kid well put just i was thinking to much when i was writing...x rims will be lucky to even put down 380 on a dynojet..and i konw numbers are not everything but it sucks when someone just lie's to u and says fu to me..

Quick Reply: beware if u got a dg motors tune!