Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Buschur 2.3 + FP Black + 39PSI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ok so i just took it out to check.... it felt weaker then normal for some reason.. the virtual dyno logs are down way down.. 525/460 when i used to show 586/540 with less boost. I noticed i smelled gasoline on the way back and in the middle of my pulls one of my caps for the emission removal on the intake manifold came off.. but heres the really bad part....

Theres a fuel leak in the rear where the charcoal canister sits. now my question is this.. could the intake manifold cap coming off cause the fpr to be overran due to the air to fuel ratio that the car was receiving due to the bad boost leak? It was in the 10.5 a/f range and i smelled nothing but gasoline afterwards.

EDIT: Im almost positive this cap was leaking on the dyno and robbing power. From the cap coming off of the intake manifold and me doing a WOT pull with the cap off which is a horrible vacuum leak, I think the FPR over pressurized the fuel system which caused the gas ventiliation safety thing in the rear to open up.. THe leak seemed have stopped now. Can someone confirm this is what occurs when something like this happens? It was leaking way up at the tank area in the corner. It was not leaking at the evap emission canister because I removed all of that and checked and it was 100% dry. I confirmed there are no leaks in the gas tank by sitting the car on a steep hill for 5minutes and checking for drips.. no drips.

also for what its worth the virtual dyno prog on dyno showed 638/575

Last edited by tscompusa2; Jul 11, 2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you thinking of converting to SD? Be curious to see what your IAT's are between the two intercoolers (Perrin / BR). I'm rocking an old Nisei and it's able to control IAT's very effectively, even on the dyno and it's 3.5" thick.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Are you thinking of converting to SD? Be curious to see what your IAT's are between the two intercoolers (Perrin / BR). I'm rocking an old Nisei and it's able to control IAT's very effectively, even on the dyno and it's 3.5" thick.
I think its not the FMIC as much as I expected it to be.. I have boost leaks that I was unaware of above 31psi. The cap just blew off the intake plenum 2hrs ago and guess what else i just found that was causing the fuel to leak outta the car? Im ****ing stupid! yes I forgot to remove 6 gallons of e85 in my car and yes the tank was being thrown around like a rag doll when i attempted to log a few pulls this afternoon.. and to think this happened with me with a 12 gal meth tank 2 yrs ago.. now the car reaks of e85 inside.. you can barely breathe.

Look at this crap:

I am not doing SD anytime soon but I may give it a shot on the stock ecu..... if not it will be either haltech, or aem.. possibly vpro.

I know you guys will get a laugh from the gas tank ordeal so i posted the pic!

Last edited by tscompusa2; Jul 11, 2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 04:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
I think its not the FMIC as much as I expected it to be.. I have boost leaks that I was unaware of above 31psi. The cap just blew off the intake plenum 2hrs ago and guess what else i just found that was causing the fuel to leak outta the car? Im ****ing stupid! yes I forgot to remove 6 gallons of e85 in my car and yes the tank was being thrown around like a rag doll when i attempted to log a few pulls this afternoon.. and to think this happened with me with a 12 gal meth tank 2 yrs ago.. now the car reaks of e85 inside.. you can barely breathe.

Look at this crap:

I am not doing SD anytime soon but I may give it a shot on the stock ecu..... if not it will be either haltech, or aem.. possibly vpro.

I know you guys will get a laugh from the gas tank ordeal so i posted the pic!

lmfao you sick bastard now your car smells like corn on the ****..Note dont drive and do pulls with loose fuel in your evo .You should do a boost leak check again and thats where your problem is coming from sometimes I wanna sell my evo cause of this bullsh!t with boostleaks and other crap but that's the name of the game.

I figured your intercooler was holding you that much back but it's probably not helping at the same time you need a 3.7 inch cooler or a 4inch garret core.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Tom, congrats and you are welcome. I like offering help when and where possible and you took it and ran with it. That is to me the most important part, not resting on your laurels but doing something with the advice and learning from it

A few points-

522 * 1.13 (13% difference between Mustang/Dynojet minimum when on the DB setup) = 589.86whp uncorrected on a REALLY Hot day isnt bad at all.

Johnny made 625 at 37-38psi, all of these drop out the top, to whatever they are gonna do (33 or 34) without a wastegate dump. He had SD and a Magnus, Mikey has a ported head and huge cams. Mikey was also at 36psi almost 37 to make the power.

At this level the SD is usually worth at least 30whp if not more which would put you right where Johnny is. A IX head seems the same out of the box as most ported VIII heads (least the ones I have seen) when they are still being used with cams that arent taking advantage of more flow at higher lift, just an idea.

When I get a chance I am gonna take a look at the logs

Congrats again.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 08:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Tom, congrats and you are welcome. I like offering help when and where possible and you took it and ran with it. That is to me the most important part, not resting on your laurels but doing something with the advice and learning from it

A few points-

522 * 1.13 (13% difference between Mustang/Dynojet minimum when on the DB setup) = 589.86whp uncorrected on a REALLY Hot day isnt bad at all.

Johnny made 625 at 37-38psi, all of these drop out the top, to whatever they are gonna do (33 or 34) without a wastegate dump. He had SD and a Magnus, Mikey has a ported head and huge cams. Mikey was also at 36psi almost 37 to make the power.

At this level the SD is usually worth at least 30whp if not more which would put you right where Johnny is. A IX head seems the same out of the box as most ported VIII heads (least the ones I have seen) when they are still being used with cams that arent taking advantage of more flow at higher lift, just an idea.

When I get a chance I am gonna take a look at the logs

Congrats again.
Thanks for the kind words Aaron! I think we had a boost leak on the dyno, because there was a tear starting in the one intake manifold rubber cap i used to block off the emission stuff.. the larger nipple.. i went to advanced auto today and put a thicker one on with a fuel line clamp and the car seems to be ripping alittle more now uptop. Im going to boost leak test it tomorrow to make sure its 100% right and then most likely throw on 3.8" garrett core.

The SD will definitely be something I do down the road. For now im just going to enjoy it

I have the boost turned down to 35psi for the road and it seems to be pulling as hard as it did at 39psi.. I dont know if its cause of weather or what, but im happy!

Kreionic did a great job! opening up 90whp and 30wtq on a bastard dyno is not always easy when the tunes already decent.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 08:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1slowassevo
lmfao you sick bastard now your car smells like corn on the ****..Note dont drive and do pulls with loose fuel in your evo .You should do a boost leak check again and thats where your problem is coming from sometimes I wanna sell my evo cause of this bullsh!t with boostleaks and other crap but that's the name of the game.

I figured your intercooler was holding you that much back but it's probably not helping at the same time you need a 3.7 inch cooler or a 4inch garret core.
This took 3hrs to clean up.. yes im **** when it comes to cleaning and my car.. now i have to drive it for a few hours to let it air out.. and yes the car smells like corn.. did you know e85 attracts tons of flys and bees? I guess they can smell the corn in it or something
Old Jul 11, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

For the record I am using the ETS 4" core (not the Garrett). I tested it awhile back and didnt see much increase over ambient at 32psi on the stock turbo. I was something like 70* in at the MAF and 80 in the UICP. I can live with a 10* increase AFTER the intercooler really. It didnt seem to hurt me on the dyno last monday either
Old Jul 11, 2010, 09:54 PM
Former Sponsor

For the record I am using the ETS 4" core (not the Garrett). I tested it awhile back and didnt see much increase over ambient at 32psi on the stock turbo. I was something like 70* in at the MAF and 80 in the UICP. I can live with a 10* increase AFTER the intercooler really. It didnt seem to hurt me on the dyno last monday either
let me know if you want me to zip/rar all the logs.. It shows maf readings.. I didn't know if that would be sufficient enough to use to determine heat-soaking or not but if it is please let me know i will email all 14 logs to you!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
his power mods over mine are: shearer o2 dump, SD, custom grind, Magnus v5, 4" intake, 3.8" Garrett core, 10:1 Motor, yada yada.. hes got quite a blanket over me.

for whats it worth use the WCF numbers in this scenario. We were experiencing abnormal weather conditions as I was dynoing. It was thunder-storming and down-pouring 10minutes away from CBRD, yet at CBRD it was not raining and was sunny and hot.. The weather was ****ed up so definitely use the WCF in this case, as im sure its the most accurate. Using the WCF it puts me about 608 on a dynojet which is still pathetic i know.. 39psi should be in the 640+ range not even questionable.
I do have a few more mods than you... I'm also running 3psi less than you. At the rate I was going. I would have def been over 700 with 39psi. We stopped because the stock housing was starting to choke and there is no reason to push it any further till my new housing goes on.

Power does seem to be down and could be a few different things working against you. You have exstreme EGTs with the 02 housing that you have and your FMIC is not that great. I know you won't change the housing but the FMIC should help out. Get the Garrett core! I believe the BR Race is a Garrett core.

Looks great so far man. Keep the mods coming. I want to see a few more 700hp Blacks running around this forum other than Mike. Love Mike to death but we need to show people that normal guys like us can make the same power or more than shop cars and people that are sponsored out the ***...

Mikey
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
I do have a few more mods than you... I'm also running 3psi less than you. At the rate I was going. I would have def been over 700 with 39psi. We stopped because the stock housing was starting to choke and there is no reason to push it any further till my new housing goes on.

Power does seem to be down and could be a few different things working against you. You have exstreme EGTs with the 02 housing that you have and your FMIC is not that great. I know you won't change the housing but the FMIC should help out. Get the Garrett core! I believe the BR Race is a Garrett core.

Looks great so far man. Keep the mods coming. I want to see a few more 700hp Blacks running around this forum other than Mike. Love Mike to death but we need to show people that normal guys like us can make the same power or more than shop cars and people that are sponsored out the ***...

Mikey
Im curious how you know my egt's are higher with the invidia o2? is there any information about this? im interested.. and if it is true I will eliminate the o2 housing.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Mike might be making this assertion because of an increase in backpressure as measured at the turbine discharge. Decrease pressure at the discharge REALLY decreases it at the turbine inlet. E85 is fairly low EGT anyway, but every little bit helps right?

aaron
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice #'s
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Mike might be making this assertion because of an increase in backpressure as measured at the turbine discharge. Decrease pressure at the discharge REALLY decreases it at the turbine inlet. E85 is fairly low EGT anyway, but every little bit helps right?

aaron
yes but what other options is there besides a dumptube? i thought the invidia o2 was very large? its bigger then the megan i think 2.9"

What about cobb exhaust? can anyone tell me anything about this exhaust how restrictive it is at the resonators?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i bet its fun

Quick Reply: Buschur 2.3 + FP Black + 39PSI