Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Buschur 2.3 + FP Black + 39PSI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
^ Looks nice.

Did you have to do a trimmig of the crash beam or spacing of it to keep it off the fmic?
yes, well not me, but CBRD traded me for an already cut crash beam so that saved me a lot of time.

Originally Posted by RockmanX
and here it is installed 80%. waiting on the lower pipe to come back from JM Fab since they needed to weld a nipple to it.

you had to do more work to the lower pipe to make it fit after spending that much money guezz
unfortunately yes. another $40 + shipping both ways ($13)
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome build man. My car is going to buschur in a few weeks for a 2.3 black set up. I have the ams street fmic and it was said to ditch that for a buschur race core. I guess I was so oblivious to how different these fmic can be. CBRD seems like they are good to work with, I plan on taking my car there after I get it back just to fine tune it.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 17579EVO9MR
Awesome build man. My car is going to buschur in a few weeks for a 2.3 black set up. I have the ams street fmic and it was said to ditch that for a buschur race core. I guess I was so oblivious to how different these fmic can be. CBRD seems like they are good to work with, I plan on taking my car there after I get it back just to fine tune it.
great choice man. If you need any help pm me anytime. Its a very enjoyable street setup. Get the exedy triple though if you're going to use e85 or racegas. you will want the torque it allows for. the torque is what makes the car so much fun.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
nasty
Old Jul 31, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the advice about the triple. Thats what is going on anyways. Id love to see your car sometime, how close to york are ya?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 05:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CHICKYEVO
congrats
thanks.

Originally Posted by 17579EVO9MR
thanks for the advice about the triple. Thats what is going on anyways. Id love to see your car sometime, how close to york are ya?
Im about 10minutes from cbrd. im close to york. you should come to one of our meets.. i plan on attending one soon with Adam (Batty) to shut down some domestics lots of guys around here still dont know what evos are capable of

Originally Posted by Evoryder
nasty
thanks.. your numbers feel no different then what i got tho, so youre not missing much. anything past 460tq feels great in a evo. I would run the stock block until it throws a rod.. its not worth doing a engine build. If I could do over i would have ran the stock block until it blew up, because the built motor whole ordeal gets expensive quick. Or do drop in pistons, rods, etc.. no need for a entirely new shortblock.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Heres an update. I installed the new fmic ( Buschur race core 3.8" Garrett) and found the following:

1. The intake air temps will raise because the FMIC is bigger and will restrict air from reaching the radiator as easy as a 3.5".

2. Much more pressure drop. Example: 39psi spike drops to 30psi at redline, where on the perrin it would hold 33-34.

3. Pulls seem to be very consistent now within 1-5whp vs the perrin 20-30whp. This tells me the perrin was heatsoaking and the new race core is not. (seems to be due to ecu pulling timing due to intake air temp vs timing tables / not fmic related 8-14-2010)

4. Dont ask me why or how, but with tweaking my tune I picked up 400rpm faster spool, hitting 39psi by 4000rpm vs 4400rpm with the perrin.

Now for a quick temp tune job I did. I did not like the way the car felt downlow with the dyno tune, so I redid the entire timing map downlow and picked up way more power and response and continue to use the timing that I was given from 6500 to redline since that seems to be dead on the money. I suspect the downlow tune was off due to the hot day and the perrin heatsoaking + the ecu pulling craploads of timing. for example, If we set 2* somewhere, the ECU would only allow -1* and so on.. so it mangled the tune on the road. Thankfully I know how to fix it myself and the car feels very responsive again down low and is a torque monster again.

Im going to do some more tweaks then i will go back to a dyno and confirm the results. for now here is Virtual dyno which is very accurate from what Ive researched and gathered.. and its clearly obvious the car feels way more awake downlow.. before it felt sluggish. Also on the dyno graph it showed gains everywhere, so it is certainly not kreionics fault for the lower portion of the timing map being off.. he is a wonderful tuner and worked with what i gave him, and thats all that matters.. everything from 6500rpm on up is pretty much dead on the money

heres a 39psi spike tappering to 31psi. I did this last night, i may have to pull afew deg or add a deg or so to make more power but this is a very quick 1 time edit of both maps and go out for a pull and received these results.. i need to clean the a/f up but its pretty close.

Before pic is perrin with dyno tune at 37psi - after is buschur fmic with 39psi and my tune + kreionics timing from 6500 to redline.

I have a new goal to make, its to hit 600wtq which I believe I can do, but might blow the clutch up in the process but at this point i do not care. next time i post a dyno thread here expect to see 600tq lol.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Aug 14, 2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I expected to see 600tq NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL just being messy least you have your car and your enjoying it when we going to see some track numbers?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 01:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RockmanX
I expected to see 600tq NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL just being messy least you have your car and your enjoying it when we going to see some track numbers?
soon hopefully u want to see 600 now? maybe i could do it if i turned it 3 turns but the clutch might go through the firewall and chop my legs off also then you wont ever see numbers

now its your turn. im always here to help you also.. you know that you help me with style mods, i help you with other stuff.

i think the car will do good at the track because it has pretty good traction and my setup seems to work well.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats a nice lil jump in TQ. looks good man, congrats!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Great job !

Looks like e85 likes sub 11s for spool to peak. Hmmmm
Old Aug 12, 2010, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nonschlont
Thats a nice lil jump in TQ. looks good man, congrats!
Thanks man. Ya I love torque.

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Great job !

Looks like e85 likes sub 11s for spool to peak. Hmmmm
yep 10.8-11 seems to give some more unf down there, and 2* makes much more torque vs 1* on my car. Im gonna experiment more on the a/f see how lean I can get it down there without sacrificing torque.. of course i will contact you on google talk after or as im doin this

next up will be ams f1i or magnus v5.. over the winter of course. for now im gonna enjoy it. From my research I've learned bigger runner intake manifolds are major increases in power with stroker motors.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Shoulda got that magnus I had a line on for ya to start with! ;-)
Old Aug 12, 2010, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
...yep 10.8-11 seems to give some more unf down there, and 2* makes much more torque vs 1* on my car. Im gonna experiment more on the a/f see how lean I can get it down there without sacrificing torque...
If you're on E85 and you lean out the spool/peak torque area, do me a favor and try lowering the timing too.

The reason is because I am wondering if the fat AF that you used at peak torque allowed a slower burn, putting whatever timing numbers you were using closer to MBT, producing more power.

E85 has been known to not take that much timing down low at peak torque...more similar to pump gas than race gas whereas it can take craploads of timing up top.

If this is true, be careful leaning it out and potentially going past MBT. An easy test would be to lower the timing and see if your torque goes up. But anyway, very interesting data and I'm interested in your results with different AFR and timing in the spool/peak torque area. There isn't that much data for these kind of things on E85.

Awesome results btw. The car must be a blast to drive.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by batty200
Shoulda got that magnus I had a line on for ya to start with! ;-)
I was being stubbern. I should have got it but I didnt.

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
If you're on E85 and you lean out the spool/peak torque area, do me a favor and try lowering the timing too.

The reason is because I am wondering if the fat AF that you used at peak torque allowed a slower burn, putting whatever timing numbers you were using closer to MBT, producing more power.

E85 has been known to not take that much timing down low at peak torque...more similar to pump gas than race gas whereas it can take craploads of timing up top.

If this is true, be careful leaning it out and potentially going past MBT. An easy test would be to lower the timing and see if your torque goes up. But anyway, very interesting data and I'm interested in your results with different AFR and timing in the spool/peak torque area. There isn't that much data for these kind of things on E85.

Awesome results btw. The car must be a blast to drive.
Will do man. I was gonna go out and slowly lean it out and do back to back pulls to confirm the changes. I will do the leaning out with no timing changed first and then i will pull more timing.. do you want me to target just the peak torque or do you want me to lower it up to around 6k? let me know. Thanks btw

Quick Reply: Buschur 2.3 + FP Black + 39PSI