Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

The tale of three dyno sheets......BadBish style

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2010, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey David, complete shot in the dark, but weren't you running the AEM EMS when the car went 9.0? I know you switched to to the Haltech, just wondering if that might have something to do with it?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hybridshooter
Hey David, complete shot in the dark, but weren't you running the AEM EMS when the car went 9.0? I know you switched to to the Haltech, just wondering if that might have something to do with it?
he has been running the same ecu for a while from what i remember.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i cant think of anything besides cam timing except the turbo taking a dump, but i dont see how it would make such good top end power with a bad turbo. if it didnt have a dump tube i would say the seat for the wastegate.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Any update??
Old Dec 8, 2010, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

All I know is that the Buschur fabricated intake manifold works and is making sick power! I don't think I lost any low end power from the stock ported one. Like rain man said; definately not , definitely not, definitely not the intake manifold. IMHO!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The car is just sitting now. It's cold as hell and I've got a bunch of odd projects I'm doing, most of which aren't car related. For example.......haha, I just built a new pole building/barn to store my ATV's in. Inside this new barn I plan to finally start making my own ethanol, I got a federal permit to do so a few years ago and have never produced a drop because you can't do it in a building attached to your home. I built a new house about the time I got the permit and only built an attached garage. I've been busy finishing the barn, building work benches etc. The last few weeks I've spent time wiring the barn, I refuse to put electric in it from the electric company so I want to run the entire building off grid. I've got my 12v lighting all installed, 12v receptacles, 3000 watt power inverter and my battery bank all hooked up. Next I am wiring in a bunch of solar panels I got compliments of VWJeff to keep the batteries charged. I intend to put a small 500w wind mill in too.

This week has been busy building a wood stove/boiler for the still. I used a 24" steel pipe casing about 5' tall. I can't use a torch to cut to save my life and my brother is an artist with one. He helped me out and cut the door opening in it and some other cutting. I just built the burner, ash compartment and bottom of the boiler assembly yesterday. Today the lid and cap goes on the top of the boiler and it's ready to install in the barn.

Anyway, I can only work on a project like my RS when I'm feeling it.

The intake manifold testing I did started on a 2 liter and over the 2+ years of doing the testing ended up finishing on my 2.1 liter I was running. At the shootout this year while I was looking for some power Emery from STM and Cris from AWD Motorsports suggested we try swapping the fab'd intake back to the ported stocker. I was amazed to find something that made absolutely ZERO sense. We had dyno'd the car, pulled it off the dyno, swapped intakes and put it back on. There was NO loss in low/mid range and just over a 40 whp loss in top end power. The lack of low/mid range loss made/makes no sense to me as everything I thought I learned along the way says it should have.

The intake is now on the LR2.0 that's in the car and I truly do not think the loss in low/mid is in the intake manifold. Where it is I'm not sure.

Reviewing logs it could be in clutch slippage and that makes a lot of sense. I can see a rise in the RPM that shouldn't be there and it's in the area where the car is down the most. This is part of the reason I haven't taken the testing further. I need to get some miles on the car and get the clutch seated better so there is no more slip in it.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

my graph with buschur fabricated intake manifold

here's my graph of the buschur fabricated intake manifold. No low end loss to me! Stock comprssion 2.0l 38psi. uncorrected and 0 smoothing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
evo 815 dyno.zip (72.3 KB, 0 views)
Old Dec 8, 2010, 09:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by pizzamanevo8
like rain man said; definately not , definitely not, definitely not the intake manifold. Imho!
lol!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Update............but not on the power side of things.

I bought a set of EVO9 seats for the car, been looking for quite awhile, THANK YOU CURT! I put them in today, man does the car look better with those seats in it!

I also bought a set of the EVO9 RS headlights for it, they are factory blacked out. Installed those today too, another big improvement, love that look.

Waiting on the weather to get better so I can put some additional miles on the clutch and get it seated really good before it goes back on the dyno.

With these latest high rpm stroker builds I just finished, depending on testing, this LR2 liter may be coming out of the car sooner than I ever planned and I may run a stroker for the first time in this car. I'd love to have the low end grunt. Fact is, some of the most impressive curves and power bands I've seen here have been on 2.3's.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:53 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice, which clutch are you rocking in there?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Damn, now you have me wanting to see what your results will be on a 2.3 if you go that route lol. PS the 9 seats and headlights are a great up grade. Do you have any new pics?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

I'll post some pics next week if I remember.

Exedy triple HD, CM.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I'll post some pics next week if I remember.

Exedy triple HD, CM.

PLEASE post some info on the 2.3 liter. I just sold my 2.4 due the lack of RPM's.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

There will be a few threads coming on this new 2.3. One is going in Curt Browns car and one I Ron's, which is at our shop now.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
There will be a few threads coming on this new 2.3. One is going in Curt Browns car and one I Ron's, which is at our shop now.
"new" hmm? i can't wait to hear about this!

Quick Reply: The tale of three dyno sheets......BadBish style