Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

The tale of three dyno sheets......BadBish style

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 for the comparo! Map ported intake manifold vs Buschur ported I take manifold. I'm not biased either cause I'm putting Buschur fabricated intake manifold on my car as I type and I spent alot of money with map!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

any more updates on this??? im holding off on buying a manifold until i see these test. lol
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
No more updates. Ran into a few delays with the car and it's ready again to hit the dyno, I'm just not ready.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
No more updates. Ran into a few delays with the car and it's ready again to hit the dyno, I'm just not ready.
well good luck with ur testing when u get around to it and i cant wait for the results!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Let me tell you guys about one bad *** mother flupper~!! I'd been waiting to get the car out again and drive it. I took it out today. It is absolutely, 100% beyond ridiculous. I've said it before and will say it again, it has no business on the street. 0-140+ mph is over in seconds. 1st and 2nd gear the tires just blow off. It's just flat out nasty.

Now that I've run it and things are getting back to normal, I am going to try to get it on the dyno next week. I don't have much to do. First I want to verify where the car is making 20 psi of boost. On the street it's nasty but I want to get it as low as possible. I'll check the car over on the dyno and go from there. I don't think it's missing any low/mid range now, maybe it was a slipping clutch before.

Man I love this car. Just when you think the new 5 liter Mustang we have is fast you jump into this thing and remember WTF fast really is!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

David, just wondering..... Are you running steel or aluminum rods inyour car right now?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Let me tell you guys about one bad *** mother flupper~!! I'd been waiting to get the car out again and drive it. I took it out today. It is absolutely, 100% beyond ridiculous. I've said it before and will say it again, it has no business on the street. 0-140+ mph is over in seconds. 1st and 2nd gear the tires just blow off. It's just flat out nasty.

Now that I've run it and things are getting back to normal, I am going to try to get it on the dyno next week. I don't have much to do. First I want to verify where the car is making 20 psi of boost. On the street it's nasty but I want to get it as low as possible. I'll check the car over on the dyno and go from there. I don't think it's missing any low/mid range now, maybe it was a slipping clutch before.

Man I love this car. Just when you think the new 5 liter Mustang we have is fast you jump into this thing and remember WTF fast really is!
gotta love awd!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Custom aluminum rods.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 02:55 AM
Evolving Member

How much torque does it take to blow tires in first n second on street tyres ?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats why the Evo is the greatest !!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure how much torque it takes, it's on the lowest boost setting I can get it too though
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Alright, back on the dyno today. It's a sad conclusion. The loss of low/mid range is from switching back to the 2 liter and it makes very little sense to me. I've went over a BUNCH of dyno sheets and it is completely obvious that the difference is the 2.0 vs. the 2.1.

It blows my mind that there can be this much difference in the curves from those two engines but at this point I am convinced.

Intake manifold, ours vs. ported, low/mid range as identical as you can get and up top nearly 40 whp.

I'm not going to waste my time with doing header/turbine housing testing now, the low/mid losses are too much and I'm not going to gain it back.

For now I am going to be happy with the car like it is, it makes more peak power now than it ever has, the low/mid is the area I don't like. I'm not going to pull a perfectly good engine/head out to just swap back. If I get a customer looking for a LR2.0 then I'd consider pulling mine out complete and dropping it into another EVO and taking that opportunity to swap to something else..............not sure if I'll build another 2.1 or go to a 2.3, I love the 2.3.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Have you considered a 2.2?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

No.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I am not as familiar with the 4g63's as the 4b11's, but I thought the 2.2L wasn't really an option on the 4g...and more for an overbore on the 4b11? Can the 4g be bored out that far?

Quick Reply: The tale of three dyno sheets......BadBish style