Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Built 2L HTA86@33psi TT long block E85 700hp! | @40psi - 790hp!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gkania
On tscompusa own car his virtual 630whp only traps 128-131mph which is low 500whp range on a dynojet so the numbers definitely appear miscalculated which is why I only pay attention to real dynosheets and trapspeeds.
Then I seen it was at 29 psi and I thought, hmm, 131 at 29psi is pretty damn good! Can't wait to see what it does on 40psi
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
so are you gonna tell me 36mph from 1/8 to 1/4 is also low for a mph gain?

full weight
255/35/18 re11 street tires between 12-18psi
I can also tell you that it is pretty meaningless. I can bog, slow shift to the 1/8th and then lay it on up stairs and pick up big mph on the back half even with a stock turbo.

so the car never made a pass at the 800whp level? and what fuel was that race gas or e85? i had no idea the car had history. i imagine you tuned it when you were at the shop then (before you left)? because that was his previous tuner (visconti).. which i might add had the car over MBT in numerous areas on the powerband. i dropped timing and it made more power downlow in some areas..

its still conservative downlow to keep the engine happy. could make alittle more tq.. but certainly not needed to get down the track.. 500tq is plenty enough across the board. ask Travis.. he felt it transform into a different car after i was done with it.

was it on stock ecu when you tuned it? or did you have aem or something different on it?

also.. don't judge my car based on what it did so far , there were lots of wrong variables that day.. all you have to do is look at the mph i gained from the 1/8th to the 1/4th to get your answer what my cars doing power wise. im a big noob to the drag strip also.
Stock ECU and AEM. 760ish with stock ecu, 800 on AEM. John tuned it after, since Travis could not get a hold of me.

As for MBT, etc. Every tuner will bash the next and say whatever to pump themselves up. So that is a mute point.

In the end as long as Travis happy. Then that is all that matters.

Originally Posted by TurboTravis
Thanks for posting and you are without a doubt a fantastic tuner on gasoline and a good tuner with ethanol. I also believe that when used correctly VD is dead nuts equal to a chassis dyno. And, most importantly, I know that my car is making more power and doing it safer than ever before, due to me re-building it the right way (still not done yet) and Tom's tuning.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on several aspects of the car. If, by chance I'm down in the area, I'll line up with whatever you've got from a 40 roll. Be forewarned...this car is A LOT faster than you've ever seen or ridden in at. An OG street racer never gives away all of his tricks....right?
I don't doubt one bit that car makes over 800whp, it is a beast.. always has been. It is pretty bad *** that the TT long block is still taking those beatings
Im glad you have ironed it out, that car is a special car. I look forward to seeing you get booted from whatever track you end up at!

I rode/drove it when it made over 800whp on the dyno, I know its fast.
Haha.. why did you think I would run a 800whp car against a 600whp one

Jr
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to find e85 use e85prices.com. the crank pulley came off?????????? that is odd.. as far as crank pulleys go i just use fluidampr and never had an issue.. i know lots of people who just use oem and are fine also. the crank pulley bolts should of gotten around 20TQ in a criss cross pattern like lug nuts. maybe someone overlooked them i dont know.

90tq might not be enough.. if you want to lets say TUNE your headstud torque then do a leakdown test right after you torque and if you're off a bit tq down another 5tq and redo the leak down test.. if you see positive change then continue until you see next to 0% leakage. thats what i had to do to my car.. my car is different then others so i just do what i find myself.

its also recommended to check the tq after beating on the car some to confirm they are still within tq spec you last set them.. only check with the engine cold.. sitting overnight.

I have a fluidampr. Wrong grade of bolts was used to tighten it down so they broke off. Luckily it happened when I was at a stop light. Aside from some of the cool gun metal coating being cleaned off it was still in good condition so we re-used. I believe we re-tq'd down to 100 or 110.....can't remember.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Junior@Turbotrix

I don't doubt one bit that car makes over 800whp, it is a beast.. always has been. It is pretty bad *** that the TT long block is still taking those beatings
Im glad you have ironed it out, that car is a special car. I look forward to seeing you get booted from whatever track you end up at!

Jr
Thanks again JR. We're all learning...ya know? You gave me a good tune in NJ, and I'm sure your skills with ethanol have came a long ways since then. Hell, I know a lot more about tuning/ethanol since then.

TT longblock is very impressive. Compression is still 180 across and the oil analysis reports come back fantastic. I've added an oil cooler which without a doubt will extend the life of the motor. I've been monitoring oil temps for awhile now..let's just say they were too hot without the cooler
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by gkania
Doubtful it will do 140mph. Needs to put it on a real dyno. This virtual dyno stuff is getting ridiculous and those calculators are easily manipulated. That turbo maxes out at about 800 on ethanol on a real Dynojet and 2.0L. Even yours looks like it uses a 2.4L to make those type of numbers on a real life dyno.

On tscompusa own car his virtual 630whp only traps 128-131mph which is low 500whp range on a dynojet so the numbers definitely appear miscalculated which is why I only pay attention to real dynosheets and trapspeeds.
With 584 in virtual dyno, mine trapped a best of 138MPH.

Tom went on 18" street tires on a cold track with not a lot of drag racing experience. It will easily go 140MPH when he throws on his drag wheel setup and learns to drive the thing.

When my car was making 542WHP on buschur racings mustang dyno, it made 560 in virtual dyno. Not too far off I would say.

Scott

Last edited by badev0; Dec 16, 2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Junior@Turbotrix
I can also tell you that it is pretty meaningless. I can bog, slow shift to the 1/8th and then lay it on up stairs and pick up big mph on the back half even with a stock turbo.

Stock ECU and AEM. 760ish with stock ecu, 800 on AEM. John tuned it after, since Travis could not get a hold of me.

As for MBT, etc. Every tuner will bash the next and say whatever to pump themselves up. So that is a mute point.

In the end as long as Travis happy. Then that is all that matters.

Jr
Ya, the car makes power like its easy.. i was impressed also. and it will make way over 800 with more boost. I think its over 800 right now in 3rd and way over in 4th. Travis put the car away for storage for the winter now, so we will bring it back out in spring.

I believe he takes it to Canada to run it. Its amazing how strong the engine is.. it sounds like it was making big power for a long time!

Btw im not bashing, you can ask Travis. He has the maps for proof. Probably should of just kept the info to myself though.. no big deal.

Ya that fp red car is silly. I seen that in the drag section. is that car really light weight? Im sure that is a blast to drive.

Tom
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I have a fluidampr. Wrong grade of bolts was used to tighten it down so they broke off. Luckily it happened when I was at a stop light. Aside from some of the cool gun metal coating being cleaned off it was still in good condition so we re-used. I believe we re-tq'd down to 100 or 110.....can't remember.
you should not tq down the crank pulley bolts over 20tq.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

i know that i was talking about the head studs when talking about over tq'ing. I'm hoping for 850+ next year. Looks like its just the xfercase so I 'm going to send it off next month. Not sure if I'm going to change the clutch out yet.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
i know that i was talking about the head studs when talking about over tq'ing. I'm hoping for 850+ next year. Looks like its just the xfercase so I 'm going to send it off next month. Not sure if I'm going to change the clutch out yet.
i was gonna say lol. ya, you should do what i said regarding the leak down and torquing so its confirmed its sealing properly. check it later on as well to confirm its still good. 2.4 especially are hard to stay sealed.

you should hit your goal 800+ easily. your setup is very well put together.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Wow this is on the GrimSpeed ebc. I yet to see a high hp use one of these. I have one on my car. But I think it is kinda screwy. Or it might be my waste gate that is messed up in my car. Some days it will go to the set boost level. Then some days it will go past the boost level. Like it has a mind of its own. Have you had anything like this happen with you with that GrimSpeed ?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8
Wow this is on the GrimSpeed ebc. I yet to see a high hp use one of these. I have one on my car. But I think it is kinda screwy. Or it might be my waste gate that is messed up in my car. Some days it will go to the set boost level. Then some days it will go past the boost level. Like it has a mind of its own. Have you had anything like this happen with you with that GrimSpeed ?
Not mine
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8
go back to your tuner and get it fixed.. the boost error correction is screwed up. when everything is setup right, you wont experience any spike or boost issues that you're describing. either that or its hooked up wrong or you have something else wrong.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome numbers!!! Can't wait to see track times! What drag setup are you going with?

I left Tucson around a year and a half ago now. I was there for six years. What color was your supra? Red??
Old Dec 26, 2011, 06:49 PM

Nice number's!

Got to love the stock ecu capabilities of these cars
Old Dec 26, 2011, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jusa4bngr05mr
Awesome numbers!!! Can't wait to see track times! What drag setup are you going with?

I left Tucson around a year and a half ago now. I was there for six years. What color was your supra? Red??
The last time I left there was 2004. Anthracite Supra.

Quick Reply: Built 2L HTA86@33psi TT long block E85 700hp! | @40psi - 790hp!