Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

my first log with evoscan!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
EvoScan hp/tq is accurate... show me a log that you think is not accurate.
You don't have to switch between programs if using the EvoScan power/torque, and it splits the log for each run automatically. Give v2.9.0018 a go.
It was never accurate when I used it previously, for example when my car was 100% stock it was giving power numbers of like 350whp.
That was my experience with it and just had no desire to try it again, but I will try it seeing as you now have an updated version.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A road's incline or decline plays a role in numbers too
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drill_Sergeant
A road's incline or decline plays a role in numbers too
Yep that is true. I constantly got the same results, I only use the highway for pulls. I've been using evoscan since 06
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

So are you stating:

1. Your VD numbers match up with a dyno

2. Using the same strip of road, VD and evoscan numbers are different?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

No, my VD numbers do not match a true dynojet HIS motorsports can confirm. I have logged my car 1000's of times and know how to use the programs correctly. My car is no longer stock and last time I used the evoscan hp/tq numbers I was stock, they were so unbelievable it wasn't even funny. So why use something that gives complete bs numbers?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
No, my VD numbers do not match a true dynojet HIS motorsports can confirm. I have logged my car 1000's of times and know how to use the programs correctly. My car is no longer stock and last time I used the evoscan hp/tq numbers I was stock, they were so unbelievable it wasn't even funny. So why use something that gives complete bs numbers?
Are you takeing into the fact that you have to add in your weight, the proper tire size, and anything else you may have in the car such as fuel and what nots?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:34 PM
EvoM Guru

There can be a lot of factors that also can be involved in it. Not saying there is but it can be is it and was it calabrated correctly? How much load was on it? Was it overloaded? What about ramp rates?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
Are you takeing into the fact that you have to add in your weight, the proper tire size, and anything else you may have in the car such as fuel and what nots?
I only tune with me in the car and only on a full tank of gas, stock wheels, stock tire size, empty backseat, empty trunk, and have a spare tire. The weight I use for my car is adjusted for how much more/less the exhaust and intercooler weighs from the stock parts. I know how to use the program and how every little change can manipulate the results. VD reads over 20-30whp and 10-15tq over my true dyno numbers every single time.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

its hard to accept your comment on evoscans lack of abilities without all the information.

just saying that it was reading too high for stock evo is too vague. for all you know, there could have been a slight downhill slope invisible to the eye, which would skew numbers.

how do you know if your weight settings are dead on? have you been on a scale? things like this help people understand where you are coming from. and with this knowledge, you can send the info over to Hamish or the evoscan crew so they can fix the bugs.

just saying that it doesnt work is ignorant on your part. now, if you have a particular strip of road that you do your power logs on every time, same direction same lane, it's as flat as can be to your knowledge, etc...put that on VD. then do some dyno pulls and get some hard numbers. then use evoscan do compute power numbers.

if VD matches up with your dyno chart, you can call that road a good road to get accurate power logs on. and also see if evoscan matches up. it's really only then you can determine how off or bad evoscan is, and the rest of the world would benefit.

that's just me talking, providing some problem solving.

back to Mellon and the OP, have we concluded tuning yet?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
EvoM Guru

I only tune with me in the car and only on a full tank of gas, stock wheels, stock tire size, empty backseat, empty trunk, and have a spare tire. The weight I use for my car is adjusted for how much more/less the exhaust and intercooler weighs from the stock parts. I know how to use the program and how every little change can manipulate the results. VD reads over 20-30whp and 10-15tq over my true dyno numbers every single time.
I am just makeing sure, because there are alot of people who don't know how to use the program.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Drill_Sergeant
its hard to accept your comment on evoscans lack of abilities without all the information.

just saying that it was reading too high for stock evo is too vague. for all you know, there could have been a slight downhill slope invisible to the eye, which would skew numbers.

how do you know if your weight settings are dead on? have you been on a scale? things like this help people understand where you are coming from. and with this knowledge, you can send the info over to Hamish or the evoscan crew so they can fix the bugs.

just saying that it doesnt work is ignorant on your part. now, if you have a particular strip of road that you do your power logs on every time, same direction same lane, it's as flat as can be to your knowledge, etc...put that on VD. then do some dyno pulls and get some hard numbers. then use evoscan do compute power numbers.

if VD matches up with your dyno chart, you can call that road a good road to get accurate power logs on. and also see if evoscan matches up. it's really only then you can determine how off or bad evoscan is, and the rest of the world would benefit.

that's just me talking, providing some problem solving.

back to Mellon and the OP, have we concluded tuning yet?
To add to this there has been plenty of threads about all this and how close they actually are. Let him search for them.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
To add to this there has been plenty of threads about all this and how close they actually are. Let him search for them.
Well when you plug in the same log as what is on the dyno and logs from flat stretch of hwy and it isn't reading the same I would call that inaccurate

And being too vague, I have already stated that it was a long time ago that I tried the evoscan hp/tq numbers. Go use version 2.5 and tell me that those numbers are correct

I'm not some idiot that is going out to try and make my car look like it has more power than it really has, I'm stating that VD reads too high from my experience. I might throw my car back on the dyno tomorrow just for the hell of it.

I did test out the latest version of evoscan and noticed that it has the VD program built in and now the two programs show the same numbers.

I'm not going to discuss it any further because it is my opinion the program is not that accurate for real numbers, but works really well for showing gains/losses when tuning.

Last edited by evo8426; Feb 10, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some guys make the mistake of doing their VD log while they are on the dyno but that's not going to work because VD takes into account the aero and other factors.

We commonly see nearly identical numbers with VD vs a dynojet, here's a good example with a video of the dyno.

http://www.mellonracing.com/index.ph...roducts_id=841
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a 2whp difference from a dynojet to vd in my experience and I'll stand by it. I used evoscan before and it also read ridiculously high numbers.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:39 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon Racing
some guys make the mistake of doing their VD log while they are on the dyno but that's not going to work because VD takes into account the aero and other factors.
In the new EvoScan v2.9.0017 and v2.9.0018 you can UNtick the Aero part of the calculation and use it on the dyno.. click the EvoScan Power Settings button, to see that setting. Its very cool, because it graphs the horsepower and torque in realtime.

Its ok DrillSergeant, evo8426 and BoostInspired are right, the old Evoscan v2.7 and v2.8 used to read too high (it was BS, but I fixed it in EvoScan v2.9) EvoScans new Dyno calculations had 200+ hours of beta testing done, and made it show RPM on the y-axis now, but its not actually using any VD calcs, (during beta testing we saw a few csv logs that were 1 or 2 Hp different than VD sometimes, and exactly the same as EvoScan on most other runs, might just be the way VD calculates), EvoScan just has the simple standard physics HP/TQ calculations that all dynos use. (the old "BS" numbers evoscan used to graph, were hp/tq over time axis, I got rid of that)

The new EvoScan can show your Power/Torque increasing in realtime on the road, just like a dyno does as you increase in RPM. As soon as you put your foot TPS > 80, then EvoScan v2.9 starts calculating HP/TQ graph on the screen.

Last edited by evoscan; Feb 11, 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: my first log with evoscan!!!!