Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

my first log with evoscan!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
my first log with evoscan!!!!

Last night I did my first runs of logging with evoscan. Mods are upper and lower intercooler pipeswith intake (I Jen), perrin mbc, evo 9 bov, Megan the with test pipe, a em uego WB and wahlbro 255 fuel pump. Fist log was low, but second log was 282 who, and 302 tq, third pull was at 287 whp and 354 tq at 4267 rpms with evo 8 bov o and 3 1/2 added pounds of boost to stock. These numbers right? One thin I noticed was that about 5000 rpm there was a hesitation like a explosion type of feeling. After that car took off. Detonation maybe???
Old Feb 5, 2012, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torque seems a little high and if you had knock your logs would show that if you checked the box to do so.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Yes I checked the box for knocking. When the "hesitation" occurred the number on the knock was a 2. Two was the highest the knock went. What number should the know not be? Yes I agree that torque is very high. What do you think of my second run with the torque at 302?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evoscan hp/tq is not accurate at all, download Virtual Dyno and put your log into the program to get closer to real world results.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

I uploaded the csv file from evoscan to virtual dyno. That is where I got the numbers from. Thx
Old Feb 5, 2012, 09:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Sounds like your car needs a tune touch up. I mean you have added things to the car, but nothing about the tune. So basically I can see why the #'s are so low. Your car is seeing all the same tune as before with mods which can hurt the performance of the car being nothing was adjusted. Although yes #'s are low, I think with a touch up of the tune those #'s will be much better.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Well I am gonna get tuned from Mellon. These were just numbers I wanted to get from what I have on the car now. I was just curious about what my numbers would be with the mod list before a tune. Hopefully the tune smooths out the hesitation possible detonation I had around 45k rpms.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 counts of knock is nothing
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:10 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the hesitation could be from having an improper AFR with raised boost which causes spark blowout. It could also be that your spark plugs are old or improperly gapped for raised boost with more fueling.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wait around for Mellon racing to tune it , from my sig you can see I'm a happy customer and also a return customer.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
just wait around for Mellon racing to tune it , from my sig you can see I'm a happy customer and also a return customer.
I agree, for the fact he isn't utilizing his mods. I could be wrong but it looks like stock tune, parts thrown on and makeing pulls. Fixing the tune some and getting the proper afr such as Mellon said will help that ton and help add the power the mods he has on the car.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

my first log with evoscan!!!!-stock-run.jpg

These are the two runs on virtual dyno as you can see what I am talking about. Blue run is with EVO 9 BOV and Red with evo 8 bov.

HP and TQ came in early and at the same time with 8 BOV. versus with the 9 BOV. BTW I raised the Boost via Perrin MBC. 2 1/2 TURNS. 1 turn equals 1.5 lbs.

Well once I get the tune by mellon, it will make a big diference. I am hooked to logging for now. It is nice to see how virtual dyno works. I get the itch of doing one more run.

Tonight after superbowl I am going todo one more log with EVO 9 BOV with the same amount of Boost.

What is the stock boost pressure???
Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Ok I see a problem with what you have. Fix the smoothing a little, and make sure you add you weight into the car and the proper tire size as well. If you don't have any type of tune and just add ons to the car I wouldn't suggest going out and taking logs. 2 counts of knock isn't bad, but it only takes 1 good count of knock to distroy a motor. Another thing is too you didn't log any type of boost plot (you need at least an omni 4 bar or some other map sensor) and no wideband.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Here is another run after SUPERBOWL game. This one is with EVO 9 BOV and about 3.75 additional pounds of boost to stock boost level. This is before Mellon does their majic ofcourse and it includes my AFR. Finally figured out which box to check.

my first log with evoscan!!!!-evo-log-evo-9-bov.jpg
Old Feb 6, 2012, 02:20 AM
EvoM Guru

That is all fine and dandy but you realize you can't just add boost right. Again vd isn't setup properly, your adding 3 psi to a stock tune which I'm sure your fine but dude listen to what we say about things. Stop worrying about how much power your car makes because your not doing anything to your car to help it. Just wait till you get mellon to tune it before you **** somethin up.

Quick Reply: my first log with evoscan!!!!