Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

My street driven 6466 evo VIII VD numbers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tscompusa
i asked for weight so i can at least estimate what your power is when you come back with a time slip for my own knowledge.

Yep, no worries.

sunroof i think is about 50-70lbs or so. and you are right thats very true. if he goes 155 with a 3400lb car with him in there then that is way more impressive than doing it with a 2600lb car.

i prefer full weight cars going fast over gutted tin cans. but i fall victim for trying to shave weight myself so i shouldn't be talking.

shaving weight is hard work. i got so far then said F it. no thanks. plus not worth doing to a car you want to drive on the street.
I agree and wheats car is one of the more clean and lighter caged cars I know of. He really hasn't sacrificed safety at all to try and shave weight. Hopefully one day my car will be somewhat close to how clean and nice wheats car is.

Originally Posted by 17pstockcar
Wholly crap that this is amazing

What crank are you using?
Cheers
Shane
Just saw this, it had a stock Mitsu crank in it. Now it's got a Manley 88mm.

Last edited by gpfury86; Jul 19, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car looks very similar to mine with those wheels !

What was the reason for the crank swap ?

Running her at the shootout ?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
Car looks very similar to mine with those wheels !

What was the reason for the crank swap ?

Running her at the shootout ?
The crank swap was because I junked the stock crank. As long as I don't break anything big between now and then. I'm not sure if I will be a able to afford a set of Hoosiers and wheels by then, but that just means I need to work harder right lol.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Mines 2750 with the Hoosiers but I'm 245 lbs in gear so really I'm just making up for my fatass. Sunroof is less than 40lbs if you see what ams claims the cf roof saves over a steel roof w/o vs with sunroof.

I hope you can get a tire on it Kyle, the shootout will be a great place to put the power down. If you need a hand let me know!!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

def looking forward to seeing this car at the shootout!

Im in the same boat as you. My car is 100% right now and ready for the shootout, with that being said its been awhile since its broke so its due soon so im not driving it to work or anything. Just took it too a roll racing event did 9-10 Top speed runs drove it there and back an hour with no problem but don't wanna push my luck.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by gpfury86
The crank swap was because I junked the stock crank. As long as I don't break anything big between now and then. I'm not sure if I will be a able to afford a set of Hoosiers and wheels by then, but that just means I need to work harder right lol.
If you want, i can bring my rx7 wheels + QTP's and let you run on them if you're gonna be running in a class.

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Mines 2750 with the Hoosiers but I'm 245 lbs in gear so really I'm just making up for my fatass. Sunroof is less than 40lbs if you see what ams claims the cf roof saves over a steel roof w/o vs with sunroof.

I hope you can get a tire on it Kyle, the shootout will be a great place to put the power down. If you need a hand let me know!!
Ya yours is light, but tastefully weight reduced. and ya, you are almost 2x my weight so im a weight reduction myself.

did not know the sunroof was only 40lbs.

Ya track prep at shootout bites really hard.

Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
def looking forward to seeing this car at the shootout!

Im in the same boat as you. My car is 100% right now and ready for the shootout, with that being said its been awhile since its broke so its due soon so im not driving it to work or anything. Just took it too a roll racing event did 9-10 Top speed runs drove it there and back an hour with no problem but don't wanna push my luck.
ya don't jinx the car pls.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really nice build. Just went through the whole thread. I like seeing real street cars (a/c) just putting it Down. I rarely post on here, mostly just lurk this forum for parts that I wish I had.

I'm currently building similar setup and can't wait to get my LY EVO 8 on the street.
2.0 long rod, gsc s3, ets t4 ts 6466 bla bla bla