Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BBK Full Evo 8 and CBRD - Very Impressive

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBK Full Evo 8 and CBRD - Very Impressive

Hey guys,

Here's a review of some recent upgrades to my 05 Evo 8. I researched for a long time and finally got it done. My goal was to build a fun street / weekend car on 93 pump. So far no intentions to take it to the track but that may change. This is now a completely different, much better car I than I ever imagined with some bolt-ons.

Thanks to the guys at MAPerformance for helping me source most parts and for their thorough/speedy service.

A special thanks and job well done to the guys at CBRD. Their products and service really match the positive reviews, so here's one more to add to their resume. Businesses of all kinds take note, in an era of fading customer service and products which often disappoint, CBRD remains true to the demands of their customers. They've earned my long-term business. Chad guided me leading up to this project, while Mark was a true craftsman during the install. I didn't even see him take a well-deserved break the whole time. You can see the passion they put into these "emotional machines" .

Before: 266whp / 280wtq @ 22psi. This was the setup of the previous owner. I later tested it on Krazy House Customs' mustang dyno. Great group of guys as well.
- Walbro 255
- Greddy Profec B Spec II ebc
- intake
- Greddy bov
- Tanabe Touring Medallion cat back
- tune
- street clutch

After: 366whp / 326wtq @ 24.5psi on CBRD's mustang dyno.
- BBK Full ported
- GSC S1 cams
- CBRD tune
- FIC 850cc injectors
- Megan O2 housing
- Megan 3" downpipe
- Berk high flow cat
- ETS 3.5" intercooler
- ETS licp
- Synapse dv

Here are the before and after dyno graphs. The new broad tq curve stands proud while the new hp just keeps pulling to the end, instead of taking a steep dive.

BBK Full Evo 8 and CBRD - Very Impressive-dyno1.jpg

BBK Full Evo 8 and CBRD - Very Impressive-dyno2.jpg

Driving impressions so far:
Wowww, what a difference. The power is always available and feels effortless when needed. The setup before, while not making much power, felt strained and not very responsive. Mark caught several details through the install like boost leaks and the poorly functioning Greddy bov. They are all about the details.

The BBK Full is really a special product. The quick spool, endless top end, control during partial throttle, and recovery between shifts is simply impressive. The sound during spooling is unmistakable--you won't be able to wipe the smile from your face.

I feel the S1 cams are a great fit for similar setups and goals. Lots of low and midrange punch. Top end is good as well, as I'm still getting used to the wide hp/tq curve. Very well-mannered in traffic, at idle and smooth through all rpms.

The exhaust components sound amazing with the entire system. It's not too loud, but loud enough at the right times with the appropriate tone to mean business. Nice, low deep tone and classy look especially with the Tanabe Touring cat back. The Berk hfc is a nice, quality piece as well.

So far the entire package is flawless and has exceeded my expectations. Coming out of turns in 2nd gear then blasting through 3rd and 4th on a straight or merging onto a highway from an off ramp is thoroughly addictive.

I'll be back at CBRD as there's still much more potential with the Full. I'll keep you guys posted as I spend more time behind the wheel .
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice numbers! Graph looks greats. Can't beat the BBK full especially for the specific goals you had in mind.

The numbers look good even with a HFC installed. You made more power than I did on a mustang dyno with the hfc and lower boost looks like I need a retune...

Great job chad and CBRD as always!

OP enjoy it as the Full makes the car fun as hell to drive.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

Good stuff!

I am surprised you were able to get in their. I've been calling these guys about getting some work done for a couple weeks now, and no one ever calls me back... I assumed it was because of them changing facility, but now it looks like it is just because they dont like me

Nice work!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice numbers! I've got about the same numbers (374) on the same level of boost on mustang dyno.

Having all this power with near to stock spool is a real fun! I would say CBRD BBK Full is a good daily-driver\auto-x turbo for 2.0.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:56 AM

Thanks fellas. Im really happy with the numbers. I didn't know what to expect especially with the hfc but it turned out better than expected.

I also had the benefit of cooler air but that can be considered a constant variable with the before and after dyno runs. Still picked up 100whp and plenty tq on a broad curve with bolt ons. Better drivability too.

Yep, a fun, responsive, powerful turbo with stock-like spool is a good way to sum up the Full.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Nice review! Glad you like it! My setup is nearly identical, and I agree that is hard to beat the overall package!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:18 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new power sir! From what I can remember, I am pretty sure KHC & CBRD's dynos read simillar as I have had my car on both of them. About 2 yrs ago, the most power I made on Chad's dyno with my BBK Full setup was 412whp. Stock block & head, S2 cams, lots of bolts ons, 93 oct.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:54 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for your kind words guys!

We are going a little nuts now between two buildings- but doing our best to stay on top of things over the transition period (and the holiday coming doesnt help)

We appreciate you allowing us to handle your new build!

Cheers

cb
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:55 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JScocchio
Good stuff!

I am surprised you were able to get in their. I've been calling these guys about getting some work done for a couple weeks now, and no one ever calls me back... I assumed it was because of them changing facility, but now it looks like it is just because they dont like me

Nice work!
PM SENT!

nothing personal sorry- been a little chaotic here-

cb
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

+1 for CBRD! I'm looking forward to the first open house at the new facility!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Nice numbers for your mods and on CBRD's mustang dyno.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Reading everyone's Bbk full and S1 reviews along the way influenced my setup.

I'll definitely be there to check out Cbrd's new shop!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:19 PM
Former Sponsor

CBRD does great work! Looks like the car is a blast to drive. We will be there shortly as well for some of Chad's tuning

-Chris
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Nice setup, bbk full is my favorite stock frame turbo