Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Sheepey Inc. tubular exhaust manifold Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 03:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
there has been an awefull lot of stock manifolds tested over the years. buschur alone tested like 6 back to back same engine. (best gain 12hp) none came close to these results. all have been in the 5-20hp range. with many of those tests likely snake oil claims. I would say you will not see anywhere near 46hp gains from just replacing manifold.
+1 for that. I've tested three tubular manifolds against stock, and none of them were appreciably better than stock. Not sure what to think of +40 whp over stock except that it seems rather unbelievable. Having said that, my level of experience is far from encompassing. I will say that its a very nice looking manifold.

Did it feel 40 whp faster than stock? Was the stock manifold inspected for possible issues?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 05:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Reminds me of o2 dump results. Now everyone buys one and wonders why they didn't see identical gains.

Nice improvement for sure however
The following users liked this post:
Erik@MIL.SPEC (May 29, 2016)
Old Nov 11, 2013, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is awesome. Very nice gains.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Reminds me of o2 dump results. Now everyone buys one and wonders why they didn't see identical gains.

Nice improvement for sure however
dude, you can HEAR the power increase
The following users liked this post:
211Ratsbud (Jun 18, 2016)
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
+1 for that. I've tested three tubular manifolds against stock, and none of them were appreciably better than stock. Not sure what to think of +40 whp over stock except that it seems rather unbelievable. Having said that, my level of experience is far from encompassing. I will say that its a very nice looking manifold.

Did it feel 40 whp faster than stock? Was the stock manifold inspected for possible issues?
Thank you sir...

The car definitely feels stronger thru out the power band now but not exactly sure by how much tho.... the car did feel restricted before compared to the way it feels now

From what we're seeing it seems like the big power gains are in the mid range & nice gains in the top which from what ive searched are comparable to some other well designed and respected tubular manifolds (not sure if i should mention names)

Btw.... with the small adjustments that Tom has made so far the car finally tickled my bottom region and i am no longer jealous of my passenger being the only ones always satisfied by going for a ride lol
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by st0mp860
That is awesome. Very nice gains.

Thanks man
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:14 AM

looks great and nice power gains = win win
Old Nov 12, 2013, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Interesting data.

It lost a bunch of boost below 4k, not necessarily alot of torque though it looks to be no small amount either. The gains up top seem to fly in the face of our testing from awhile ago but we were at 580 on a Black flowing through a TiTek. I wonder if the limited gains we saw were related to the O2 housing not being able to flow anymore and not the header specifically failing to help.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Interesting data.

It lost a bunch of boost below 4k, not necessarily alot of torque though it looks to be no small amount either. The gains up top seem to fly in the face of our testing from awhile ago but we were at 580 on a Black flowing through a TiTek. I wonder if the limited gains we saw were related to the O2 housing not being able to flow anymore and not the header specifically failing to help.
We also think the Titek piece is limiting the flow of the ef2.5 @ 33psi and will more than likely limit the ef4 once that goes on... so Sheepey Inc is working on a better flowing o2 housing and downpipe as we type ... So hopefully that will give us a bit more data on how capable the manifold is

Last edited by louiesevox; Nov 12, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 08:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
As i said in my prior post that comparison he posted 7k+ is inflated.

Heres two new runs where i was getting afr in line, it still needs more work, but this at least gives a better idea of what's going on.

Louie id recommend we drop the torque down a bit for safety, but its your call.

The gains are definitely not 40whp as that's physically not possible as most already know and pointed out.

So the two back to back there is a discrepancy at high RPM as you can see. Louie in order for the results to be taken serious you must find the flattest smoothest road you can find and make sure its 100% level otherwise vd is no good for comparison stuff like this.

Changing weight in car ( passengers in/out) doesn't help either. We are logging IDC and IPW also, which from my experience raises the # vd spits out due to slowing the logger resolution down.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
As i said in my prior post that comparison he posted 7k+ is inflated.

Heres two new runs where i was getting afr in line, it still needs more work, but this at least gives a better idea of what's going on.

Louie id recommend we drop the torque down a bit for safety, but its your call.

The gains are definitely not 40whp as that's physically not possible as most already know and pointed out.

So the two back to back there is a discrepancy at high RPM as you can see. Louie in order for the results to be taken serious you must find the flattest smoothest road you can find and make sure its 100% level otherwise vd is no good for comparison stuff like this.

Changing weight in car ( passengers in/out) doesn't help either. We are logging IDC and IPW also, which from my experience raises the # vd spits out due to slowing the logger resolution down.
Ahh i see... i was gonna mention for us to drop the torque since i know its a lil high for this block but i wanted to give the results of the manifold before doing so which is why i didnt bring it up before

Thanks Tom

Last edited by louiesevox; Nov 12, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Interesting data.

that spool/power under the curve caught my eye first too. But, when i re-examined, it looks to me like that second pull on the first graph was started at a higher RPM. Bit of an assumption though without knowing the details.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Ive gotten a couple of PM's asking about Sheepey inc and what kinda work they do or how to contact them regarding this manifold... so here are a couple of pics and a video to show a bit of what these guys have been doing for yrs now

If your interested or have any questions about picking up one of these manifolds up you can contact Alex over at Alex@sheepeyinc.com He'll take care of ya

Mods...Hope its ok that I posted these pics. If any questions or issues just let me know, Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2013, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

good results. They make some awsome parts for fair price. Their outlaw kit is awsome and on some of the fast hondas.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 04:11 AM
Evolving Member

nice numbers also for there price on the manifold rather go to some of the evo reps that put the time in testing there products such as ETS and Toxic.

Quick Reply: Sheepey Inc. tubular exhaust manifold Dyno results