Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Getting a tune soon, any guesses how much hp it'll make

Old May 3, 2019, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
The safest is a bigger turbo. I don't like messing with meth and other injections because it's just more things to screw up and ruin your day.

Originally Posted by palaBoost
so like theres only one gas station where i live that offers 94oct and they claimed that it has 10% ethanol if that makes any difference.. this is the highest grade of fuel that i can get from a gas station here..

Ill be honest.. i was hoping that the 1200cc and the s2s will get me across that 350hp along with the other stuff but i see what all of you are saying.. im on the map for a green atm.. im alreadt this deep into power mods so.. full send it is haha

another question for you seniors is... other than a turbo upgrade, what else can i add to be able to cross that 350hp mark? not looking into meth injection (dont trust me on this) and no where in canada that offers e85
Old May 3, 2019, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
in for the final...

im going with 333/348
Old May 5, 2019, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yessir.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-dynamics.html

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
What fuel? 93?
Old May 5, 2019, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by aggieEVO
Not only do you have a IX turbo, your manifold, hotside, and O2 are all ported. Porting the 10.5 hotside helps spool and flow up top (less back pressure). And no balance shafts to siphon off your power.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
around 320 to 330
Old May 19, 2019, 06:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so i did get my etune couple days ago..

Good news.

- first of all this was the first ever engine ive ever built, taking of the head and putting everything back myself + a friend.. I was kinda surprise that the car held pretty good while doing road tuning. Definitely a very rewarding process haha im kinda proud

-tuner said we made roughly 300whp... but wait we ran out of boost too soon and wastegate maxed.. last log we did gave us 20psi of boost and tapers down to 17psi (im still learning how these things work so im not quiet sure on whats going on..)

Bad news.

- he said that there might be a boost leak or wastegate isnt properly functioning thats why we couldnt build any more boost..

-I did look over the car the next day and turns out that a vacuum line did come off (shoulda listen to those guys that says to ziptie ur lines before you get your tune lol)

-after the tune car has a vacuum of 12-10.. it feels like its going to die when at stop.. he did increase the idle, its better now but it still feels like its going to stall.. even after i put the vacuum line that was off ( Am I missing something here or is this what i get for running GSC S2s? or just need a little more refined tuning?)

also..

-he tunes a lot of stock 8 turbo and runs around 26psi on them of pump gas based on what he said

-if this is the case, I got a little more power to make as he wants to do the same to mine, turn boost to 26psi (is that even possible? i thought stock evo 9 turbo maxes the wastegate at 25psi of pump gas? #ImANoob)

Anyways, evo spools soooo fkn early now. 3k-5k rpm.. mid range power ��

He also said that 350hp is doable.. im starting to think that if the car manage to get that power it wont be reliable anymore? Inputs?

One more thing..

I forgot to ask the tuner to add a little bit of backfires when driving around.. wondering if any of you willing to throw in some things i should adjust, values and which table? i got cables and laptop so i can do it myself... maybe.
Old May 19, 2019, 08:14 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
If you got tuned with the hoses popped off, and then plugged them after then that would probably cause your idle issue. Extra air gets into the engine so tuner lowers Idle air to keep idle down, now no extra air so not enough air at idle.
Old May 28, 2019, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by palaBoost
so i did get my etune couple days ago..

Good news.

- first of all this was the first ever engine ive ever built, taking of the head and putting everything back myself + a friend.. I was kinda surprise that the car held pretty good while doing road tuning. Definitely a very rewarding process haha im kinda proud

-tuner said we made roughly 300whp... but wait we ran out of boost too soon and wastegate maxed.. last log we did gave us 20psi of boost and tapers down to 17psi (im still learning how these things work so im not quiet sure on whats going on..)

Bad news.

- he said that there might be a boost leak or wastegate isnt properly functioning thats why we couldnt build any more boost..

-I did look over the car the next day and turns out that a vacuum line did come off (shoulda listen to those guys that says to ziptie ur lines before you get your tune lol)

-after the tune car has a vacuum of 12-10.. it feels like its going to die when at stop.. he did increase the idle, its better now but it still feels like its going to stall.. even after i put the vacuum line that was off ( Am I missing something here or is this what i get for running GSC S2s? or just need a little more refined tuning?)

also..

-he tunes a lot of stock 8 turbo and runs around 26psi on them of pump gas based on what he said

-if this is the case, I got a little more power to make as he wants to do the same to mine, turn boost to 26psi (is that even possible? i thought stock evo 9 turbo maxes the wastegate at 25psi of pump gas? #ImANoob)

Anyways, evo spools soooo fkn early now. 3k-5k rpm.. mid range power ��

He also said that 350hp is doable.. im starting to think that if the car manage to get that power it wont be reliable anymore? Inputs?

One more thing..

I forgot to ask the tuner to add a little bit of backfires when driving around.. wondering if any of you willing to throw in some things i should adjust, values and which table? i got cables and laptop so i can do it myself... maybe.
As for your last comment, are you talking about backfiring right after a hard pull (you can do that in your timing map) or just driving around all the time when you're letting off the gas?

I personally wouldn't be running an 8 turbo at 26psi without meth injection (since we're in Canada we don't have E85,...ugh) however it has been done, its just pretty far outside it efficiency range. Your IAT's will be getting pretty hot if you're doing some back to back pulls. I would be looking at a larger turbo for your goals. Either pick up a 9 turbo (cheap) or get something aftermarket eventually.

I'm sure its a pretty fun car as it sits. I miss my stock 9 turbo spool.

Last edited by Teal2nnr; May 28, 2019 at 05:50 AM.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
Here's the aggressive billet 20G (right) vs Black HTZ (left).
Billet looks so thin compared to the HTZ

Search this Thread