Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

stereo system broke?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stereo system broke?

First off, my system is alpine cdplayer hooked up to a kicker amp to power my front and rear jl components. 4 gauge wire from battery to fuse to capacitor to turn on the kicker amp too. I'm using stinger wires, rca cables, and fuses.

I've had my system in my car for a good bit of time. Friday, my system was working same as usual, but saturday morning, I have no sound anymore. Cd player turns on and works like normal. ( turn up and down volume, change stations, settings, etc...) Amp turns on with green light, capacitor works like normal, fuses all good, wires still looks clean contact. Everything looks and works like usual but no sound.

Could my cdplayer finally died on me? It's an alpine 7995 I had since 2002. When everything is on and I pull off the face of the player and put the face back on, I can hear feedback for a second and then it cuts off again.

Anybody have any idea's? I'm clueless.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any error codes on the cd player? Does it have a reset button? my alpine did that once hit the reset and it started up like normal again
Old Feb 1, 2007, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Check for that reset button on the unit either on the face or behind the face. Also, check your ground on the amp. If that's loose, I've seen it where everything will still power up but you won't get out music. GoodLuck
Old Feb 1, 2007, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

I tried unplugging the car battery but nothing. I looked around the face but I dont see any reset button. I checked my wires and everything seems secure.

On the face when it's on, you can see the volume light go up and down like it suppose to. There's no error light or anything.

Any other idea's??
Old Feb 2, 2007, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Check the ground for the amp where it connects the chassis to ensure it hasn't become loose or really rusted. Also make sure the power wire connection on the battery is secure. And also, REPLACE the fuse in the power wire if you haven't already. Even though your amp turns on, the fuse could be faulty. I have seen all 3 conditions I mentioned above happen several times. Don't assume anything, just try it. Goodluck.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

the reset button should be near the huge knob somewhere, also it shows that you have a audio mute and audio interrupt on your radio http://www.stylestandard.net/oswego/...4ff0945be2e400 can find your manual here login name not required

Last edited by buddha1320; Feb 2, 2007 at 05:43 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

My friend had the same cd player so I switched it and NOTHING. Same thing. Well, I switched out the amp and everything worked like normal again. Before, the amp turns on, lights up green etc. like normal but apparently didn't really work. Is there a reset button for that? Either way, I think I found my problem.