Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

DEI alarm questions....

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dennis F
The immobilzer system works by induction and rf transmitting.
That's pretty cool.... So basically I'd lose my spare key or get another from the dealer. Circuit City is doing the install so the only things I would like to do is the prox and the remote start....I might just try another shop locally that said they would do the remote start and see how much for them to hook me up. They wanted $750 for the Viper which is $200 more than what I'm paying. I guess that will have to wait then. I appreciate the info a ton...Thanks
Old May 31, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

PKU-MIT might be another option so you don't have to use a spare key.
Old May 31, 2007, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LayinLo
PKU-MIT might be another option so you don't have to use a spare key.
These do work, but I found them to be such a pain in the ***. I like using the key better anyway and have had better results.
Old May 31, 2007, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EV06MR
That's pretty cool.... So basically I'd lose my spare key or get another from the dealer. Circuit City is doing the install so the only things I would like to do is the prox and the remote start....I might just try another shop locally that said they would do the remote start and see how much for them to hook me up. They wanted $750 for the Viper which is $200 more than what I'm paying. I guess that will have to wait then. I appreciate the info a ton...Thanks
You are going about this all wrong.

DEI makes an all in 1 piece. By going this route it makes the install much cleaner and easier to use. Forget using different pieces, just more things for you to **** up.

You will need the remote start which is a model 556t I believe, it is an add on remote start. You will have to bypass the ignition in for the alarm with a relay to prevent it fromt triggering during remote start and also do a similar bypass on the shock sensor as well. Just 2 more things to mees up further down the road.

The all in one piece does this bypass internally AND all the programming can be done with one programming button, instead of 2, one for the alarm and 1 for the RS.

It is your money and do what you want, just trying to help.
Old May 31, 2007, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Dennis...I have no clue what you mean about all in one? (Sorry)

I'm getting the Python 990 which has a built-in turbo timer (which I have an aftermarket one) and built in remote start that they won't set up due to legal reasons. The prox sensor they don't carry so I need to buy it elsewhere seperately when I'm ready. I like the 2 way feature and the 1 mile range. I was told I would only need a SPDT relay to get it to work but according to what you've told me that's not correct. When I have the funds, I'll just pay another tech to get the remote start working for me. Basically I was hoping there was a how to write up on it I could follow and just spend a couple of hours and do it myself.
Old May 31, 2007, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Gotchya.

I will post tomorrow on how to do it, I am tired now.