Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

do any of you tint your windows for security?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2007, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got mine tinted with platinum tint (full metailic, about 17%). Its illegal out here (colorado) but that's a fairly minor ticket.
It looks really good, and i think its easier to see out of than the standard black stuff. Its very mirror like so hard to see in.

just my 2c.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bam-0
I dont have an EVO yet im looking for the best deal since i dont have to deal with financing since i allready took out a cash loan from the bank

but in all my other cars since i live in las vegas and cops dont bother about tint since the heat and the sun i always black out my windows so people dont see my laptop or other important stuff inside my car

unless they really try to from the front window but that would be like them putting a sign over their head saying "HEY LOOK AT ME PEOPLE LOOKING AT THIS CAR THAT ISNT MINE AS IF WAS GONNA STEAL IT"

anyways yea thats what i do you?
I do 5% on all of my windows and 35% on my entire windshield on all of my cars for security, privacy, as well as to keep the cool/heat in depending on the season.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 03:04 PM

in MA, legal for the front doors is 35% and the rest (including rear and all windows except the front doors) is 20%. If it was up to me, I would've tinted all windows 5% including the windshield
Old Aug 21, 2007, 03:16 PM

Maxed out in FL for heat, privacy and security. BUT, I would put my laptop (and other valuables) in the trunk regardless of the tint. I also have a headunit with a removable faceplate. Just can't be too protective of your stuff.