Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Keyless Entry Interfacing With Viper 3000

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2007, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless Entry Interfacing With Viper 3000

This is a question I've asked before. I wanted a simple alarm installed in my 06 MR and I chose a Viper 3000. It has the prox sensor and glass breakage sensor. Something the installer cant figure out is as follows.

On the factory keyless system you press unlock once, just the drivers door unlocks. Press unlock again, all doors unlock. When the Viper was installed pressing unlock once unlocks all of the doors. It locks correctly. My intuition tells me that there are 3 wires on the factory system that:

1) Unlock the drivers door
2) Unlock all of the doors
3) Lock all doors

Forget "double pulse", the installer changed that setting and it made no difference on the Viper. I deal with electronics and electrical components all day at work, so it only makes sense that the wiring needs to be done "correct" to get the Viper to function as the factory system does. There is an additional wire on the alarm to do just what I'm describing, but so far nobody has come up with what wire(s) unlocks just the drivers/ all doors. Locking is as it should be, unlocking is "just not right".

Does someboby have the schematic for the keyless system for my MR? I've searched and cannot find any info. The installer was talking installing relays and additional wiring but I think that without the correct wiring schematic, he's making excuses. It just seems like if he can get all doors to unlock...he's got the "Unlock All" wire hooked up right. I saw the original wiring print he used and it looks generic for a Lancer.

Make sense? Anyone?

Alan
Old Aug 26, 2007, 03:58 PM

Most installers use directech.com for their wiring info. They do not give a wire option for a 2nd unlock.. Most of the time the wire locations are iven in reference to your lock switch wires so it will not do the unlock one door option. It may be built into the keyless computer and unless you have a real specific diagram it may not be possible. But the installer is probably using the directtech info since it is supplied by the makers of the Viper alarm and by using the relays he's talking about us going to isolate each door. Not really worth it, I'd just deal with the all doors unlock. Sounds to me like he knows what he's talking about
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

The installer was not making excuses. It does require atleast one relay and extra wiring. Not too difficult. The newer DEI units have an extra output dedicated to the second stage unlock feature.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SqEvoVIII
Most installers use directech.com for their wiring info. They do not give a wire option for a 2nd unlock.. Most of the time the wire locations are iven in reference to your lock switch wires so it will not do the unlock one door option. It may be built into the keyless computer and unless you have a real specific diagram it may not be possible. But the installer is probably using the directtech info since it is supplied by the makers of the Viper alarm and by using the relays he's talking about us going to isolate each door. Not really worth it, I'd just deal with the all doors unlock. Sounds to me like he knows what he's talking about
+1 as well as NoTec's post.