Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Turbo Timer Question for Clifford Matrix 50.5X

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2007, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Timer Question for Clifford Matrix 50.5X

I can't seem to get my turbo timer to work. I followed the instructions according to the owner's manual but the engine shuts off when I close the door. Please help!
Old Nov 6, 2007, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

If the installer used the new 689M interface module or some other bypass method to ensure your car was in neutral before remote starting again, then I can see how that would be a problem for the built in turbo timer. I'm sure there is a way around it though.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by NoTec
If the installer used the new 689M interface module or some other bypass method to ensure your car was in neutral before remote starting again, then I can see how that would be a problem for the built in turbo timer. I'm sure there is a way around it though.
My installer did put in a module to prevent car from remote starting in gear. How would that affect the turbo timer?
Old Nov 6, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XIRMOVE
My installer did put in a module to prevent car from remote starting in gear. How would that affect the turbo timer?
If you are referring to the TT built into the clifford, then yeah, the neutral safety module add-on piece is causing your problem. Once you go through the procedure and shut your door, I believe it sends a pulse to your remote start which turns it off. There is probably a way around it while retaining use of that module but I dont know it off the top of my head. I just received my first DEI-689M neutral safety module (looks like they just re-badged an Astroflex piece )last week for my girls car. And I really havent had the time to thuroughly look it over. I must say I'm glad her car isnt turbocharged.

I would bring up your issue to the installer. There may be a way around it or he may have to remove the nss.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

check your neutral safety switch wire, and make sure that they did not hook that up to your door trigger thinking it was the domelight wire. i bet you anything that is your problem. both wires are the same color, black with a white stripe, the little wire is neutral safety switch, and the bigger gauged wire is your domelight supervision

im willing to bet almost anything that is your problem!!!

~sarah