Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Central door lock

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Central door lock

Hi!
I have almost completed the installation of my alarm system but one silly thing remains. I dont know which wires to tap into on the central door lock system. The drivers door has 4 wires going to that system, and the alarm provides 6 leads to "power doors". The alarm manual of course identifies what leads do what and how to connect them but after fiddling around for over 3 hours i still cant make it work.

Does any one know which wire does what in the EVO 3 central door lock system? I have got to a point where it successfully locks the doors but the unlocking doesnt work. In another scenario it would lock but instantlu unlock again. How does the damn central door lock work on this car? I will be able to set it up as soon as someone clarifies this please!

Thanks
MS
Old Apr 27, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what color wires do you have at the driver's door? Does the alarm have anywires labeled lock/unlock? It should only need two, don't know why there'd be six for door locks. What kind of alarm is it?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 01:47 PM

Hi!
Thanks for replying, the drivers door has four wires: one blue/black, one blue/red, one black and one brown. The brown one might have two colors, cant really remmember. The alarm can be configured for negative trigger, positive trigger or positive and negative trigger.

When the doors close, the blue/red and blue/black pair give either +12v or -12v depending on whether you are closing or opening them (reverses polarity for open/close).

If i set up the alarm to positive/negative trigger on these wires, the doors sound like they want to lock/unlock but dont make it all the way. So maybe the alarm just gives a weak trigger instead of actually operating the door locks. I measured 17amps when closing/opening and the alarm has 7,5amp fuses on those wires.

Moving on to the brown/black pair, they give +12 when closing and keep it until the doors are opened again. So if i set up the alarm to positive trigger on these wires the doors DO close but they never open again.

I can post a scan of my alarm wiring diagram if anyone needs it. (Haven't done so yet as the car is a 1 hour subway ride away and the alarm manual is in the car).

Thanks again!
Old Apr 27, 2008, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

The positive and negative triggers are for the alarm to sense whether or not the door is open/closed. Those aren't your lock wires.

I would like to see the manual.

Maybe this will help.

both motor legs of the door locks are normally open. They neither rest at ground or 12v(+). The switch, when moved in either direction, applies both power and ground directly to them without the use of any relays.

When you're saying the doors open/close do you mean lock/unlock, cuz that's 2 completely separate things when it comes to alarms.
Attached Thumbnails Central door lock-4wrp.jpg  

Last edited by biggie5252; Apr 27, 2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by biggie5252
The positive and negative triggers are for the alarm to sense whether or not the door is open/closed. Those aren't your lock wires.

I would like to see the manual.

Maybe this will help.

both motor legs of the door locks are normally open. They neither rest at ground or 12v(+). The switch, when moved in either direction, applies both power and ground directly to them without the use of any relays.

When you're saying the doors open/close do you mean lock/unlock, cuz that's 2 completely separate things when it comes to alarms.
Hi!
Thank you for taking your time, i meant lock/unlock and not open/close of course. The diagram you attached looks like how it might work in my car. I will provide a scan from my manual later today when i return from work and from the car.

Thanks again!
Old Apr 28, 2008, 08:31 AM

Hi again!
Here are two pages from my alarm manual. Everything is wired up and working except for the door locking/unlocking. I hope it helps.

Thanks
MS
Old Apr 28, 2008, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

This is going to be based off of some assumptions, so take that (and this) for what it's worth.

This is assuming that the white wire and the white/black wire are not triggered at the same time (one is triggered for lock and the other is for unlock). Looking at the diagrams, I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Anyways, assuming I'm correct, using diagram 2 of your alarm manual, wire the white wire to one of the (-)alarm outputs of the drawing I gave you, and wire the white/black wire to the other (-)alarm output. I'm pretty sure you need to hook up the relays and such per the drawing I gave you.

Hope this works.