Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.
View Poll Results: what sub/amp combo with be louder and better
Alpine type X pushed by a Alpine pdx-1.1000
13.79%
JL 12w7 pushed by a JL 1000/1
86.21%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

what sub/amp combo is better, like louder, and hitting harder

Old Jun 30, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think a 130amp alternator could work. but also if you do the big 3 upgrade it should help out to and use like a 2 gauge wire or 0 for better flow.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

k so what does anyone think of two type X 10s mounted behind the tail lights, the boxes im getting hav 1 Cubic feet of air space so i no there big enough but there just a hair not deep enought so i gotta buy a 1/2 inch spacer to make it work. so i 130 amp alternator and a new batter with prolly 2 and 0 gauge wire, aith prolly 10 or smaller gauge wire to the subs.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 08:43 PM

definalty go alpine...there like hondas, THEY ALWAYS WORK!!...lol....and i hear from some speaker ppl iknow and a couple friends that W7's only have around 500hr of good usage before they get ****ty
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

yeah alpine everything, get parts that work well together not like rockford subs with a kicker amp, with jbl speakers, lol. all alpine, but yeah this pole thing didnt work like i thought it would, so i think im going to alpine stuff, and type X 10s with the alternator and better battery with a capacitor, prolly a 2.5 or 5 farad, and type R speakers, with a x100 or a x001 headunit, with the pdx-4.150 amp for my speakers(not turned up all the way)lol, and 2 pdx-1.1000 amps, with dynamat on in the trunk, doors, and the floor board of the whole car. but idk where to put my amps, idk about under the seat, ive had bad experiences with under the seats, lol tell me what you think, im prolly not gonna change my mind about anything but just where to put my amps
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want it so loud outside the car why are you doing sound deadening?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

cause i dont want my car to fall apart or rattle, my friend has 600 watts rms in his lifted for ranger with no dynamat and i could barrely hear it in my house so i figure 2 type X 10s with dynamat will still be loud enough,or ill just do the trunk and doors, or rear doors and trunk lol
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

dynamat doesn't usually fix rattles unless you happen to put it between the two things that are rattling together. The purpose of dynamat is to keep the outside noise out and the inside noise in.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by landis507
cause i dont want my car to fall apart or rattle, my friend has 600 watts rms in his lifted for ranger with no dynamat and i could barrely hear it in my house so i figure 2 type X 10s with dynamat will still be loud enough,or ill just do the trunk and doors, or rear doors and trunk lol
Why the obsession with how loud it is OUTSIDE the vehicle?? Not only will you just end up annoying a lot of people (and some that would either steal your $hit as I know from experience or will just key your car up out of spite), but you sacrifice any high fidelity you could have through proper tuning.....the whole point to a high end car stereo is to maximize the fidelity INSIDE the car, not outside. My car has perfect bass inside the cab, but you'd be hard pressed to hear it outside which is how I want it and is how it should be.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SCEvol8
Why the obsession with how loud it is OUTSIDE the vehicle?? Not only will you just end up annoying a lot of people (and some that would either steal your $hit as I know from experience or will just key your car up out of spite), but you sacrifice any high fidelity you could have through proper tuning.....the whole point to a high end car stereo is to maximize the fidelity INSIDE the car, not outside. My car has perfect bass inside the cab, but you'd be hard pressed to hear it outside which is how I want it and is how it should be.
out of curiosity what do you have for your low end. I've been trying to decide what I want for woofers. So far it's between image dynamics or jl, but I'm looking for ideas.

While I'm thinking about it, to the OP, IDMax 10s.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

yeah in the trunk, like where the trunk lid hit the car, and where the doors hit the car, and i dont bump in my neiborhood, and the little faggets around my neiborhood are scared of me and my bro cause we drove my lifted ranger in the glass and got out with nives and bats cause the kid rote on my truck and they give us respect now, but i still wont bump in my neiborhood, or infront of the movies or any of that. so maybe not 100sqft, lol. i thought you new what i meant.

Last edited by landis507; Jun 30, 2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by biggie5252
out of curiosity what do you have for your low end. I've been trying to decide what I want for woofers. So far it's between image dynamics or jl, but I'm looking for ideas.

that why im going with 2 type Xs so i no i have enough for whatever i have in my car.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by biggie5252

I'm running a single 12w7 powered by an Alpine PDX 1.1000. I've heard good things about image dynamics, but have never experienced one first hand and have never had a problem running JL's. I was convinced of their quality when I got a 12w0 back in the day and it took whatever I threw at it....100 watts or 700 watts....nothing fazed it.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by landis507
yeah in the trunk, like where the trunk lid hit the car, and where the doors hit the car, and i dont bump in my neiborhood, and the little faggets around my neiborhood are scared of me and my bro cause we drove my lifted ranger in the glass and got out with nives and bats cause the kid rote on my truck and they give us respect now, but i still wont bump in my neiborhood, or infront of the movies or any of that. so maybe not 100sqft, lol. i thought you new what i meant.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SCEvol8
what are you trying to say, is the trunk lid and the doors i explained a good idea, cause if it is then thats what ill do, cause i just dont what my car to rattle apart but i want people to hear it outside very well, and inside all at the same time, and if you think just doing the trunk lid and license plate will be good with 2 alpine type X 10s pushed by 2 alpine pdx-1.1000s then ill just do the trunkm let me know.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

No, I'm trying to show my lack of enthusiasm for your thinking your a badass by brandishing "nives" and thinking you get respect now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what sub/amp combo is better, like louder, and hitting harder