Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.
View Poll Results: what sub/amp combo with be louder and better
Alpine type X pushed by a Alpine pdx-1.1000
13.79%
JL 12w7 pushed by a JL 1000/1
86.21%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

what sub/amp combo is better, like louder, and hitting harder

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SCEvol8
No, I'm trying to show my lack of enthusiasm for your thinking your a badass by brandishing "nives" and thinking you get respect now.
he's indirectly e-thugging ROFL!
Old Jul 1, 2008, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahaha...
thats so ricer
anyway
each person choice
lol
Old Jul 1, 2008, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

No, I'm trying to show my lack of enthusiasm for your thinking your a badass by brandishing "nives" and thinking you get respect now.
sorry to bust your ***** on trying to make me look bad buddy, but i was the one with a bat, my brother is the nive freak, he thinks hes everything, and wen you drive up to one little gang bangers front door with nives and a bat, and his mom answeres the door and we ask for him, he and his mom were scared, also because gang bangers are nothering without a (homie) or 2.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by skyblas
hahaha...
thats so ricer
anyway
each person choice
lol
so i gotta teach someone else the lesson two, damn, WERE ALL RICER DIP****, WE HAVE JAP CARS, THERE RICE BURNERS, ASK ANYONE WITH AN AMERICAN CAR AND YOUR A RICER, IT DOESNT MATTER WHOS FASTER, YOU GOTTA RICE BURNER. EVEN ASK I GUY THAT ONLY HAS A JAP CAR FOR GAS MILLAGE, YOUR STILL A RICE BURNER, HAHAHA DUMB ***, WEN ARE YOU PEOPLE GOING TO GET THAT, JUST CAUSE THE CAR IS FAST DOESNT MEAN ITS NOT A RICE BURNER, OR RICER.

and just because i want a bomb a$$ stereo doesnt make me anymore rice then my car does.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

and look at you igo4bmx, you gotta use roofies to get laid, whats that, your car didnt help, maybe cause its a rice burner and it doesnt roar like a mucsle car, you no like the cars girls like.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

K now keep the thread on subject since you have nothing else to say, should i just dynamat the trunk lid where it touches the car, and the rear doors or do you think the trunk is good enough
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Why would you possibly try to make your car louder on the outside?

Geez, it seems like people are getting more stupid everyday.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

its not just louder on the outside, it sounds better, (too me anyway) my single cab ranger has 2 rockford 10s(p1) and you cant hear **** on the outside but it almost hurts your ears on the inside and i hate it, i like it loud in and out with no rattling
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
Why would you possibly try to make your car louder on the outside?

Geez, it seems like people are getting more stupid everyday.
hey man, are you on 93 or 91, cause im going to have a little more mods than you except no test pipe(stock cat for life, lol, so i pass smog) and if your on 93 then ill have prolly around the same ormaybe 10 whp less or so
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by landis507
sorry to bust your ***** on trying to make me look bad buddy, but i was the one with a bat, my brother is the nive freak, he thinks hes everything, and wen you drive up to one little gang bangers front door with nives and a bat, and his mom answeres the door and we ask for him, he and his mom were scared, also because gang bangers are nothering without a (homie) or 2.
You completely missed the point of my post...congratulations! I can't wait for the thread about the **** getting jacked because you think loud boomy bass you can hear for a quarter mile is sonically better than a properly tuned system you can't hear outside the car
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by landis507
and look at you igo4bmx, you gotta use roofies to get laid, whats that, your car didnt help, maybe cause its a rice burner and it doesnt roar like a mucsle car, you no like the cars girls like.
it's called a joke and I owned a "ricer burner" - a 300+whp civic that was faster than my evo.

so I have a large enough ***** and I have a fiance so I don't need to look hardcore by installing two huge *** woofers that weigh more than you.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

they can weigh all they want fagget, and why would you tell me about your *****, you are seriously gay, and maybe i like loud *** bass in and out of my car, i no more about stereos then you can think of, ive tuned over 30 systems in different cars, including my ranger and my brother mustangs, v6 and gt, my dads duallys, dadge and ford, my parent ford edge, my friends cars, honda, scion, sentra, my other friends honda. you have no idea dude, i started this thread to see what people thought of a jl 12w7 or 2 type Xs, obviously for the music and the likes that i need, i would go with 2 type Xs.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

You completely missed the point of my post...congratulations! I can't wait for the thread about the **** getting jacked because you think loud boomy bass you can hear for a quarter mile is sonically better than a properly tuned system you can't hear outside the car
so you dont no where i live, no one really steals over hear, and wen your car is in the garage, and you have like 6 dogs, that hear anything, i dont think im worried, and they would jack my bros supercharged mustang gt and my dads 300 hp ford edge or my dads lifted dually before they steal my little stereo that they wouldnt no about because i DONT bump in my neiborhood. or the type X 10 i just got put in my ranger today, with a 1000 watt rms amp i have pushing it
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
don't dynamat where the trunk meets the car or anywhere where metal meets metal to get rid of the rattling. Go to home depot or somewhere similar and get that weatherstripping foam stuff with adhesive on one side. But the deal is is your car is made of very light flimsy aluminum and there's nothing you're going to be able to do to get rid of all the rattles with the power and type of woofer that you're wanting to run. You're going to hear a lot of the panels just flexing and that's where your going to need dynamat, but you're going to need quite a bit. More than the average car with steel panels. There's not much you're going to be able to do to make 2 10s on a 1000 watts a piece be unnoticeable except to turn them way down or completely off where you don't want to be noticed.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

so type Xs are a bad idea or there just to much power, what about type Rs, 12s, cause i like alot of bass, if you couldnt tell. or ill dynamat the roof, and the rear doors where the metal meets metal, and on the trunk where metal hits metal, and if they hit really hard enough to still rattle then ill turn them down. and i dont plan on turning them ALL THE WAY UP at 2000 watts rms. thats crazy, i just dont want to have like 1200 watts rms when i turn it all the way up and wish i had more, and i dont want to use home depot stuff on my car, its not a honda

Last edited by landis507; Jul 1, 2008 at 03:14 PM.

Quick Reply: what sub/amp combo is better, like louder, and hitting harder