Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

the easiest solution to relocate you climate control for 2din display

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 01:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old Jun 23, 2013, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you use that trim suggested earlier from ebay R.Mutt? I have the exact same setup+pioneer unit (mine didn't come with one new) and need to have the side gap covered up. Thanks

Last edited by EvolvedAK; Jun 23, 2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

The trim that fills the gap was something the audio shop did. They said it was one from an earlier model pioneer they luckily had laying around the shop. No clue what model it came from.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by p8471
I have my double din installed for a while and have Not used my AC or heater for awhile Im going to try this..Ill post pic tom.

And if you F*** up cutting the bezel http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=14&page=1 50$.
^^^ Good info to have!! Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by R. Mutt
Cool, who makes the HVAC surround? Looks like a nice piece.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:38 PM

Looks good. Nice write up.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

His name is cyanide on the forum. Either pm him of email: c j r a m o s 5 4 @ g m a i l . c o m

Great guy to deal with. There was a waiting list when I ordered but he is very professional about the waiting time and keeping contact. Just be careful when installing it as it scuffs easily...nothing crazy but if you are **** about finish it's something to be aware of.

Last edited by R. Mutt; Jul 26, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 09:49 AM

His name is cyanide on the forum. Either pm him of email: c j r a m o s 5 4 @ g m a i l . c o m

Great guy to deal with. There was a waiting list when I ordered but he is very professional about the waiting time and keeping contact. Just be careful when installing it as it scuffs easily...nothing crazy but if you are **** about finish it's something to be aware of.
I tried to use the email but it does not work, can you verify.

Thank You
Old Aug 6, 2013, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

just checked it...definitely the email address I used to communicate back and forth with him. Try pm'ing him
Old Aug 13, 2013, 09:25 PM

omg that is awesome me and a friend were just discussing on how to do this, thanks man your awesome for this write up
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:31 AM

Everything goes in this weekend:

I have the hvac stickers as well but forgot to take pics.
Did you have to do the modifying the that OP said to do? Like, the cutting of the metal and such or did this product solve that in not having to do any of that?

Last edited by chris.langlais; Oct 22, 2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO ANER
I tried to use the email but it does not work, can you verify.

Thank You
Hi. I'm the guy you were trying to communicate with...

I stopped making them a while ago, but I normally reply questions about it, so I might not have received your message. My How To was removed from both sites I had it in, and I might start again in a few weeks. Just waitng for a few things to fall in place before I do.

You can google "evo lower hvac bezel" and you'll find my site, plus I still have install instructions in case you decide to make your own. PM's are not getting forwarded to my email, so you can also try evohvacbezel@gmail.com.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by cyanide

I stopped making them a while ago, but I normally reply questions about it, so I might not have received your message. My How To was removed from both sites I had it in, and I might start again in a few weeks. Just waitng for a few things to fall in place before I do.

You can google "evo lower hvac bezel" and you'll find my site, plus I still have install instructions in case you decide to make your own. PM's are not getting forwarded to my email, so you can also try evohvacbezel@gmail.com.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Im very interested in what you use to make, if you do start again Id really like to buy one
Old Oct 22, 2013, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chris.langlais
Did you have to do the modifying the that OP said to do? Like, the cutting of the metal and such or did this product solve that in not having to do any of that?
I believe the OP had his controls fixed to the dash. The bezel that R.mutt is using is installed differently. The controls can't be fixed to the dash with this bezel. They have to be loose after relocated, and move in and out of the space freely as the bezel will be the only thing holding the controls in place.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chris.langlais
Im very interested in what you use to make, if you do start again Id really like to buy one
I don't know when exactly I'll start, but it'll be soon. The emails shown here do work, so I just need to restore and update my site, plus I have to work with the dealer to see if I can still get the same part prices from when I was making them.

Quick Reply: the easiest solution to relocate you climate control for 2din display