Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

the easiest solution to relocate you climate control for 2din display

Old Nov 8, 2008, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the easiest solution to relocate your climate control for 2din display

i desided to post this little how to because i search everywhere in this forum but never really got a good info on it so i made my own solution for the climate control relocation. using the radio relocation kit and the oem radio panel. i did this without fiberglass and sanding. basically you only have to cut cut cut. hope you guy like it.
Note: this install only took me about 3 hour including the radio installation. First you need the OEM radio relocation kit that you can buy almost any evo store site and the OEM upper 2din radio panel from japanparts.com
there is a metal part inside the lower driver side cubby thats need to be removed and cut Thanks to 'TSAIR' for providing the picture and letting me post it. im sorry but i didn't took some pictures on it because i took all this picture after the install,
using the radio relocation kit make a cut at the lower center of the panel as shown in the pic. to fit the three switch on the climate control.
now go to homedepot and buy a plastic spacers and some 4' nuts and bolt drill the both side of the upper part on the climate control. the black plastic spacer is from my LCD TV wall mount kit. measure 3in on the plastic spacer on all four. you need four of them to install the climate control at the lower cubby but really this is an option because you can just sandwitch the peaces together after you cut that 1din panel but i don't want rattling so i mount the climate control with this washers. Now some say the the cable of the climate control is too short to reach but trust me guy its long enougth and it will reach the lower section. once the climate control is in place screw the lower cubby panel (or sandwitch it with the cutted 1din panel face) to test if it fit snugly . Now the hard part "joke" actually if you have dremel this will be easy because you have to cut the original 1din radio panel to get the climate control face. measure 3' 1/2 to 8 1/2 be very carefull on this make sure give a little allowance on the cutting if you look behind the panel theres actually a rectangular guide that you can follow then just gradually grind the sides to make it fit. this is my mistake my upper part of the face panel is short so learn from my mistake and make sure you clean the back part walls off the panel aswell now once you made it fit perfectly all you have to do is screw the face cover on to the climate control using the two screw thats holding it before. This is the sandwitch part that i keep mentioning before that if you don't want to screw the climate control to the lower bracket now its up to you guys if you wanna close the gap on the edge with putty or bondo then repaint it but for me i think is fine for now. hope you guy benefits on my how to. thanks...

Last edited by kinglasserres; Jan 8, 2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

interesting write up. Doesn't look to difficult at all.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

very nice
Old Nov 9, 2008, 05:36 PM

very very nice, seem a bit tough, but what about all the wiring , there was none ? just pretty much move it down ?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

ang panget!!!
Old Nov 9, 2008, 07:41 PM

LOL..

Panget but it works.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by oxyigen
very very nice, seem a bit tough, but what about all the wiring , there was none ? just pretty much move it down ?
theirs no need to modify the wiring and cables just move it down.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by mikeevo21
ang panget!!!
LOL your just saying that mike. coz i know your bored last nite and really can't think of a anything better to say.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by p8471
LOL..

Panget but it works.
so u agree its panget ryt??!! lolz just kidding!!!
Old Nov 10, 2008, 05:39 AM

so u agree its panget ryt??!! lolz just kidding!!!
how much is that skyline you guys so in bergenfield nissan?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

non premium $71,000 premium $79,000 general manager said you can lease it for 36 mos. with 5k down with a whopping 1500 a month!!! but if your gonna buy it after taxes and everything its gonna be 95k out the door!
Old Nov 10, 2008, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice write up do you have a close front view pic?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 06:39 AM

non premium $71,000 premium $79,000 general manager said you can lease it for 36 mos. with 5k down with a whopping 1500 a month!!! but if your gonna buy it after taxes and everything its gonna be 95k out the door!
WOW i'll just put the down payment on my evo.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by alloutDSM
nice write up do you have a close front view pic?
i didn't close the gap on it yet. still testing some new product for a clean finish. coz i'm trying not to paint it if its possible.

Last edited by kinglasserres; Nov 10, 2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:42 PM

I have my double din installed for a while and have Not used my AC or heater for awhile Im going to try this..Ill post pic tom.

And if you F*** up cutting the bezel http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=14&page=1 50$.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the easiest solution to relocate you climate control for 2din display