Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Amp buzzing my front and rear speakers

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2009, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

You're gonna get the s**ts at me, but i really dont care, i'm going to come straight out and say it because no one else is game to.

You do have half an idea on what you're doing, but you don't belong near car stereo installs.

You should honestly just bite the bullet and take it somewhere. It can be seen in half the things you do or say

Your crimping is half-assed, you're drilling half a dozen ground wires all over the joint, made a real mess with your wiring, and with all the money you've spent on amps, rcas, head units, etc etc etc. you could have had it professionally done and working correctly.

You don't know what to do with a multimeter, you've been asking why sparks come out whilst unscrewing a power cable from an amp whilst touching metal casing on an amp with your screwdriver (you should be disconnecting the power wire from battery before stuffing around to begin with), and you shouldn't have to look to noise filters, isolators or grounding rcas on the head unit.. all dodgy bandaids!

Straight up, theres a wiring issue somewhere which you've done incorrectly, and unfortunately the guys on the forum cannot see the car in person and as such can only give small bits of advice here or there
There is probably something so obvious which someone else would be able to see that you won't pick up.

Just get your existing amp, go to your engine bay with it.
Power wire from amp to positive on battery, and negative on amp to a good ground in there, or you know what, even as a test, just put it on the negative on the battery.

Get a set of rcas from your head unit and just go around to your engine bay with them and plug them into your amp (keep them as far away from power and ground as possible). ensure your head unit does not have any other rcas coming out of it except these ones we're testing with

Take one of your speakers out of your car and hook it to the amp. make sure speaker wire is clear from any power wires as well

Unplug any other amps completely and throw them on the other side of the room - we dont need any complication during this test

Power up your head unit and watch it work without any buzzing. That will prove you've fked your wiring at some point - to which it means you should re-wire the whole system! and not by you...

And if its still buzzing, either your head units' wiring or your cars electrical system is cactus meaning you'll need to take it somewhere anyway

FFS you have an evo 9 worth a mint, and your skimping and dodgying it up. if you were trying to do home mods and home stereo mods on a shtbox, this wouldnt bother me. youve wasted so much money on trying to fix this, it could have been sorted three times over

best of luck
Old May 8, 2009, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Beatrush007- Just an FYI, I have not spent that much on this. And I have done the test you have just described, and I still get the noise. I know what I'm doing, but when it comes to the troubleshooting, I have done everything, even have taken it to my buddies Car Audio shop and they couldn't figure it out.
Old May 8, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

So for now, I have just my Sub hooked up with my amp, and it sounds great enough for me to be happy. Thanks for your post though
Old Jun 21, 2009, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Were you able to fix your problem ? To me it sounds like two issues -- (1) gain and (2) grounding problem.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

HAven't messed with it in awhile.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The same problem happened to me, i have two amps under each seat with the power and RCA wires running down the center console on the passenger side. All of the speakers had a slight whining noise due to the feedback of the power cable. I just went out and bought a few filters and plugged them into the amps then to the cable that went to the amp, and now no problem whatsoever. It has been find for a year running...
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by buchnerj
The same problem happened to me, i have two amps under each seat with the power and RCA wires running down the center console on the passenger side. All of the speakers had a slight whining noise due to the feedback of the power cable. I just went out and bought a few filters and plugged them into the amps then to the cable that went to the amp, and now no problem whatsoever. It has been find for a year running...
Ground loop isolator filters?