Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Interest in replica orbital HVAC relocation Kits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
To sell these you (or your friend) will have to be a vendor.
Question, If you made them, didnt advertise them, but sold them periodically as a custom interior piece in the FS: section would that be okay. Or are the stipulations on selling things in the FS section that prevent this.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 03:11 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Question, If you made them, didnt advertise them, but sold them periodically as a custom interior piece in the FS: section would that be okay. Or are the stipulations on selling things in the FS section that prevent this.
that's against the rules...it's vending
Old Nov 27, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by chaotichoax
that's against the rules...it's vending
Not trying to go against you, the rules or anything but its just something I have thought of.

There are parts that get reviewed here on EvoM.net all the time from companies that dont pay vendor fees here.

Like lets take for example HKS. They dont pay vendor fees here and people buy and review their products and tell others to buy it. If its because they're a Japanese company, then replace them with DCSports/AEM

But if someone bought this double din kit off this guy's website, away from EvoM and not pertaining to evoM (if this thread was NEVER made) . Then reviewed it here and gave the web address, you MODS would be all over that and closing it down or telling them they need to be a vendor.

Like I said, Im not going against the rules or the vendor fees, Im just asking why there is the two sided standard? Why does say AMS need to pay vendor fees here, but DC Sports/AEM doesnt?

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Nov 27, 2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: grammer
Old Nov 27, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Not trying to go against you, the rules or anything but its just something I have thought of.

There are parts that get reviewed here on EvoM.net all the time from companies that dont pay vendor fees here.

Like lets take for example HKS. They dont pay vendor fees here and people buy and review their products and tell others to buy it. If its because they're a Japanese company, then replace them with DCSports/AEM

But if someone bought this double din kit off this guy's website, away from EvoM and not pertaining to evoM (if this thread was NEVER made) . Then reviewed it here and gave the web address, you MODS would be all over that and closing it down or telling them they need to be a vendor.

Like I said, Im not going against the rules or the vendor fees, Im just asking why there is the two sided standard? Why does say AMS need to pay vendor fees here, but DC Sports/AEM doesnt?
You bring up a valid point. I think that the mast majority of parts being reviewed are parts that can be purchased from vendors on this website. Some of these large manufacturers you can not make purchases on their website like AEM.

On the other hand, EBAY items that are reviewed here, their sellers aren't vendors here, and these Ebay items have direct competition with the vendors are not locked or deleted.

I wonder what action if any would have been taken if the product was already out and was only posted in the review section as a review ONLY.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

looks like youve got a ton of interest. try it
Old Nov 27, 2009, 08:04 PM
Former Sponsor

As i said before... everybody relax i am working on some solutions now. But We would like to make a couple different variations so there is no doubt this is not the same kits that have been sold before.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 09:16 PM

does ne one know if its possibe to run the jdm hvac controls
Old Nov 29, 2009, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

There would be a lot of interest in this cause the Orbital was ridicuously$$$. And perhaps it could be in different finishes like a CarbonFiber type finish.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be interested. Cf would be a good option.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
As i said before... everybody relax i am working on some solutions now. But We would like to make a couple different variations so there is no doubt this is not the same kits that have been sold before.
Subscribed. Been looking for double din so long. Hope you guys will make one and reasonable price.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 03:48 PM

so are you guys still working on this? any updates?
Old Dec 26, 2009, 02:19 AM
Evolved Member

I'm interested!
Old Dec 26, 2009, 02:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want one!!!
Old Dec 26, 2009, 03:04 AM

Yupppp
Old Dec 26, 2009, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

i'm all in if it's good quality. i have seen many people say their "thinking about selling them" but no action.. hopefully we'll see some action from someone soon! good luck!

Quick Reply: Interest in replica orbital HVAC relocation Kits