Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Interest in replica orbital HVAC relocation Kits

Old Jan 7, 2012, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This guy^ lol funny ****. Lol im def interested. Lol
Old Jan 7, 2012, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
look at sig.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 03:35 PM

Its gotta be better than Orbital because Orbital was defective, didnt fit right, had to be heated and fixed (algnment to the dash) and had to use a hot knife to cut away plastic to fit buttons in. If your friend guarantees quality. I dont mind paying more for it
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:19 AM

damn nice... a custom supplier!
seriously looking into getting a double din radio/gps.
when i do, i'll order one of these
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm not a company but I've been playing with carbon fiber and molds lately. I've also been doing carbon fiber overlays without molds. I was considering making a mold from a double din unit or an old Orbital unit but wasn't sure if there would be interest.
Here's an example of my first overlay (hand laid, no mold) before laying the final coats of clear and with no sanding or polishing....:

Obviously it would be much faster and smoother if I made a mold. The issue is that I need an un-molested face-plate to make a mold with. I'd like to do both the JDM stock looking double din and also the Orbital style.
Like I said, I'm not a business so I'm NOT going to mass produce these, but I should be able to make them for a pretty reasonable price.. Once I have the mold, I'm thinking about $125 for a carbon fiber double din face-plate..

What I would need though, is for someone to donate the part so I can make a mold since mine is already been covered. If someone were to donate the part, I would make them a face-plate for free. Of course it would be a few weeks before it was done but I'd be willing to give it a go..
So if anyone has a spare part laying around that want's to donate to the cause, hit me up. Just remember - I AM NOT A BUSINESS, I CANNOT MASS PRODUCE THESE. This would be on a made to order basis only.

Last edited by wazzelby; Feb 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

id love to see a HVAC portion for the lower cubby made, but i hope you aren't one of these guys who is going to claim to get this done and we never hear back from you. if your the real deal for the lower portion then count me in, that is if the price is going to be reasonable....
Old Feb 6, 2012, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not sure I can make the lower portion just yet. That's a lot more fab work that I just don't have time for. For now I'm just going to make the stereo surrounds for double dins once I get hold of one to make a mold.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by wazzelby
I'm not a company but I've been playing with carbon fiber and molds lately. I've also been doing carbon fiber overlays without molds. I was considering making a mold from a double din unit or an old Orbital unit but wasn't sure if there would be interest.
Here's an example of my first overlay (hand laid, no mold) before laying the final coats of clear and with no sanding or polishing....:

Obviously it would be much faster and smoother if I made a mold. The issue is that I need an un-molested face-plate to make a mold with. I'd like to do both the JDM stock looking double din and also the Orbital style.
Like I said, I'm not a business so I'm NOT going to mass produce these, but I should be able to make them for a pretty reasonable price.. Once I have the mold, I'm thinking about $125 for a carbon fiber double din face-plate..

What I would need though, is for someone to donate the part so I can make a mold since mine is already been covered. If someone were to donate the part, I would make them a face-plate for free. Of course it would be a few weeks before it was done but I'd be willing to give it a go..
So if anyone has a spare part laying around that want's to donate to the cause, hit me up. Just remember - I AM NOT A BUSINESS, I CANNOT MASS PRODUCE THESE. This would be on a made to order basis only.
I would be extremely interested in a CF orbital style double din face-plate. pm me if you ever decide to make some..
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:20 PM

i would love to have one also.... please let me know....
Old May 17, 2012, 06:23 AM

i would love to have one, PM me if is on sale. (need to see the pic first and let me know the cost $$$$). Thanks!
Old May 17, 2012, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interested. I would like to get a double DIN head unit so I can stop using my phone for GPS. LOL.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 03:33 PM

would be a good idea. Alot of evo guys want to put a double din instead of a flip up screen
Old Jun 9, 2012, 11:31 AM

Would be great idea!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats the status of this?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:01 PM

how much will you ask for the cf double din would be ???