Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Keyless Remote Entry FOB problem

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2020, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless Remote Entry FOB problem

Hi,
so recently I've been having some issues with the Keyless Remote Entry FOB.
See video bellow.

Car is locked.
1st press on UNLOCK - drivers doors unlock. OK
2nd press on UNLOCK - all other doors unlock. OK
1st press on LOCK - all doors lock EXCEPT drivers door. WTF? This never happened before... When I usually pressed lock ONCE, all doors locked, including drivers door. But now, when I press the LOCK button, all doors lock except drivers. When I press lock again, the drivers door still remains unlocked. When I keep pressing lock then all of a sudden the driver doors lock. Random.

I also have sometimes problems with unlocking the car. I press UNLOCK once, just to unlock my door (drivers door), but nothing happens. Door is still locked. I do hear a slight "click" inside the car, but not as loud as usual. I then have to manually unlock the car with a key, to get inside.

I replaced the FOB battery with a new one.
I have already re-paired the fob with the car again (jump wire 2 connectors on the OBD, press hazards 4x etc... ) but still no difference.
When I am inside the car and I press the lock button on my door, the car normally locks and then unlocks so all of the mechanisms in the doors are working fine.

Does anybody know what else could it be, what can I try?

Here's the vid: