Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Should i get a turbo back exhaust with a cat delete or high flow cat?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2005, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go with buschur.i have the highflow because i dont wana swap the test pipe out everytime i need my car inspected...but more power with the cat delete(test)
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

isnt the backfire like that popping sound? i just call buschur a while ago inquiring about a turbo back exhaust, im in the same situation too about getting a cat delete of a high flow cat. i want the backfire sound, but still thinking about legalities in california. the 7HP gain wouldnt really matter that much, but the backfire is what matters. im about to get a buschur turboback, but i first wanna make sure about this.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

You WANT the backfire sound? I think you can jab a few holes in the stock exhaust and end up with that...
Old Feb 8, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

so the cat delete has nothing to do with the backfire? so even with a hi flow cat, the backfire can still be produced,
Old Feb 8, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, if the car is tuned really crapily, you can even make it shoot flames with the stock exhaust...the backfire on LOW power cars (yes, those rally cars and JGTC cars that back fire are extremly high power, so they back fire because of other things) but your best chance of a backfiring Evo is to have a crappy tune that is running way too..uh, correct me if i'm wrong, rich...get a TBE with a cat-delete and NO tune, and it'll probably be backfiring a bit, mine does it real quiet every once in awhile...
Old Feb 8, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm.... coz if the only reason of deleting the cat is to basically add 7hp, i rather just do it the legal way, both that having in mind the fine for having no cat is about 2 grand, plus i dont want my car to smell too much...
Old Feb 8, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

it adds 7 hp to your TOP most point...that's max power, it adds a CRAP load in other places, and makes the power band MUCH more even, and helps spool faster
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:00 PM

Sorry, just going back to the emissions topic a little...anyone heard of this stuff??
http://www.xcelplus.com./xp_products..._clean_gas.htm
Does this work!?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Going from a high flow cat to running catless, I saw differences of 13-15awhp/tq. Now if your running cams, expect more power and flow. After my cam install, my Buschur tbe started leaking right before the cat. That tells me, there is alot more air flow being pushed out.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GREDDY
Going from a high flow cat to running catless, I saw differences of 13-15awhp/tq. Now if your running cams, expect more power and flow. After my cam install, my Buschur tbe started leaking right before the cat. That tells me, there is alot more air flow being pushed out.
Enough flow to cause a leak?? Damn!! That's some flow ;-)
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Get the HFC if you are using your car on the street. Save the cat delete for the track. Remember it's off road use only. If you use test pipe for everyday driving you are just polluting the air of an already thinning ozone layer. Let's put it this way, I don't want my kids or grandkids to have to wear nuclear suits to go outside.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone make a quick bolt on/bolt off cat delete? I would consider using a cat-delete for racing at the track...but it would be nice to have a way to quickly "spin" bolts off and on.....

any ideas?

that way you only pollute the air when you are racing