Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Super charger/ Turbo pics

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy streetable horsepower batman !!!
Old Mar 11, 2005, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

looking good J . can't wait to take a ride in that beast. send some more pics my way.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

I like how they compare a twin screw charger to a roots charger and show the twin screw charger at 72 more hp but also at 3 more psi than the roots.

funny...

bryan
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3240
Check it out!
Thats sick looking fun
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Where in Denver are you? I live in Castle Rock and would love to be able to check out this setup in person.

The turbo is a Holsett HX50 and the supercharger is a one off manufactured in Europe by the same guys that make Kleemann. The turbo can support about 1000hp and the supercharger is needed to help spool the turbo. The idea here is to build a car that makes 800awhp with stock like spool. I live in Denver so the altitude would never allow me to use such a large turbo without a supercharger. The supercharger is covered with tape in the picture to prevent it from scratches while the car's being finished. I have more pictures that I can post later of the manifold, liquid to air intercooler etc.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so you know that this is subjective coming from an oldman...

You sir, are ****ING insane... I love it!
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Very insane!
I can't wait to hear how it does.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by propellerhead
The coil-on-plug set up is hot too!

The beauty of a supercharger like that is that you can retain your AC
The AC will be retained but it will not be used to cool the car. Instead it is used to cool the "liquid" in the liquid to water intercooler system exactly like the prototype Ford Lightening.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stvbreal
Where in Denver are you? I live in Castle Rock and would love to be able to check out this setup in person.
I live in Franktown so I'm close by. The car is out east right now but when it's back you can take it for a spin.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:03 PM

hmmmm....looks bogus if thats a supercharger why is it on the exhaust side not intake, and what are those duct tapes for..
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BSREVOLUTION
i would love to see more pics!!!!

questions, why such a large turbo?
if everything is done as planned, how fast do you think it would be?
why isn't NOS used to help spool the turbo?
No NOS. The goal is to build a 800+AWHP car that spools better than stock at altitude (I live in Colorado). In Colordao it would be near impossible to spool a turbo this big without the supercharger. My goal is to have a 9 second car at 5800 feet above sea level. We are also doing what we can to lighten the car while retaining all safety features and a full interior. The car has a Gailla hood and front bumper, StaSIS rotors, Monster Sport CF trunk, and Volk TE37 Magnesium wheels that weight 12.5 lbs. Much more to be done in this area including carbon fiber drive shaft, etc. Every trick in the book is being thrown at this car. I'll post pictures as the project progresses. Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lexxtek
hmmmm....looks bogus if thats a supercharger why is it on the exhaust side not intake, and what are those duct tapes for..
Damn, I wish I were as smart as you. Looks like I've wasted alot of time and money!
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

No NOS. The goal is to build a 800+AWHP car that spools better than stock at altitude (I live in Colorado). In Colordao it would be near impossible to spool a turbo this big without the supercharger. My goal is to have a 9 second car at 5800 feet above sea level. We are also doing what we can to lighten the car while retaining all safety features and a full interior. The car has a Gailla hood and front bumper, StaSIS rotors, Monster Sport CF trunk, and Volk TE37 Magnesium wheels that weight 12.5 lbs. Much more to be done in this area including carbon fiber drive shaft, etc. Every trick in the book is being thrown at this car. I'll post pictures as the project progresses. Thanks.
good deal, cant wait to see how it turns out.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Good God. I can't fathom the funding going into this.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
guess somebody finally did it.

me and few people talked about this last year. I didn't think anyone was crazy enough to actually do it. lol

great job!

I would love to see some numbers. Also, I'm thinking you have a sequential setup? That's what we talked about. Supercharger spooling up at around 2500 rpm then supplementing a large turbo that spools up at 6000 rpm.

Then you'll have the low end without nitrous aide, but have super induction topend power without loosing low and mid range torque.

I like your hood by the way.

I'm thinking you can't drive this in the rain and is a dedicated race car first before street car.

Quick Reply: Super charger/ Turbo pics