Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

DSMLink in my Evo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2005, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DSMLink in my Evo

I have a 95' DSM eeprom ECU and the DSMLink for it. It is hard to find any info about the swap so I was wondering if anyone on these forums has done it yet. I know there are a handful of guys that have done it so hopefully one of them could chime in and help a guy out. I know there is a problem with the dual voltage thing for the fuel pump and I will lose the I/C Sprayers (Who really cares anyways). I was wondering about the pump though... so do I need to hardwire the pump or is the pump ok it will just whine more like it should in a DSM now?

Also, obviously I need to splice my Evo harness into the DSM harness which isn't tough but I heard there may be a problem with the knock sensor and crap. What else will I need to do to make sure there are no problems. I have the knock sensor out of my old DSM so if I need to swap em thats no problem. I just kinda wanna know what it all takes or if it is pretty straight forward (I just wanna make sure things like the fuel pump work ). Thanks for anyone that can help me out.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Also please if you have any info regarding this send me an E-mail or a PM. I dont think the DSM guys want a whole ton of info floating out there.

stryst@hotmail.com
or just send a PM
Old Jun 9, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im intrested too
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

I would like to know how its done too. I have a 95 eprom just waiting for this if I want to try it. I don't know if I will go this route or AEM. I heard you need to have the chips reprogrammed with new code for it too work, but I'm not sure if this is correct. Maybe someone can chime in on this.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 03:33 AM
Evolved Member

Head over to the DSMLink forums. They are closed, so only DSMLink owners can get in. But they are the best place for answering questions about this stuff.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 04:02 AM
Evolving Member

i'm a member in those boards. Thomas says he has no intentions to working on it in the moment, he just finished the 1g dsmlnk and fine tuning that stuff... I want evolink as bad as you guys. It's so pimp. One of the best easy to learn engine management systems evar

Last edited by mr96gsx408; Jun 10, 2005 at 04:04 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23503

Recent discussion with a copy and paste from DSMLink forums.

http://www.dsmlink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4260
Old Jun 10, 2005, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mr96gsx408
i'm a member in those boards. Thomas says he has no intentions to working on it in the moment, he just finished the 1g dsmlnk and fine tuning that stuff... I want evolink as bad as you guys. It's so pimp. One of the best easy to learn engine management systems evar
No one asked about EvoLink...the question is how to use DSMLink with a 2g ECU installed in an Evo.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
No one asked about EvoLink...the question is how to use DSMLink with a 2g ECU installed in an Evo.
i'm aware of that, thank you. The term evolink used on the dsmlink boards (as far as i've read) is pretty much that. I don't think they worked on the evo's ecu yet... it's just tweaking dsmlink so far to get it to run normally with the evo. There are still problems though and a lot of bugs to work out.

You'll lose the immobilizer for sure.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Im not too worried about the immobilizer

Mainly I am worried about hacking up some patch harness, destroying a second gen ecu and making the car not run. I guess I will give it a whack and see how I do.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Im not too worried about the immobilizer

Mainly I am worried about hacking up some patch harness, destroying a second gen ecu and making the car not run. I guess I will give it a whack and see how I do.
The details on how to modify the harness are on the DSMLink forum. They were just posted.