Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Evo Owner... What YA thInk

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EuroRacer09
lol..... this is pretty fun im arguing with luke skywalker and his butt buddies.... listen star wars clan, if your trying to make me look like "Darth Vader" its not bothering me.... now if you would like to be some help and maybe join "forces" as you and your lil clan would say, that would be nice, just answere my questions... and if you dont want to.... then stop wasting my thread space, capish?..... mr. "the force is with you" lolllll

what a joke......
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GinuwineEvo8
I sense my insurance rates going up ... The force is weak in this one it is ...
nice....
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

here is the deal i am 17 years old i live in the subs of chicago, i totaled my 2002 camaro LS1..... and i bought a evo 9 MR..... now i am schedualed at AMS on the 28th, hense why i am posting this... i do my research before i ask questions AND I MADE MY OWN STAGE KIT... CALLED THE NIKO STAGE LOL J/K.... ne wayz, TELL ME HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU THINK THAT I WILL BE PRODUCING AND IF I CHOOSE WISELY..... also SHoped ArouNd for CheaP PriceS

My Evolution Stage (i dont know) KIT

EXHAUST - LOUND AND POWERFULL ( wartalon already distroyed my idea)

Perrin Test Pipe - $175 (evomoto.com)

Carbon Fiber Exhaust Heat Shield - $98 (evomoto.com)

AMS Lower IC Piping - $220 (evomoto.com)

Injen Intake W/Upper IC Pipe - $355 (evomoto.com)

Greddy Type S - $199 (jscspeed.com)

AMS Flash - $749 (amsperformance.com)

Greddy Boost Controller - $299 (jscspeed.com)

Apexi Turbo Timer - $89 (jscspeed.com)

B&M Adjustable Short Shifter - $159 (evomoto.com)
2pc Solid Shifter Under-Hood Cable Bushings - $26.95
8pc Stiff Shifter Bushings Kit Metal - $27.95
cant get the short shifter because they do not make it for the MR ....

AWD Warning Sticker - $4.95 J(evomoto.com)

Total - $3,277 (about)
==========================================
Comments - Ask if my launch control can be raised

OT - Wow, this thread turn out to be quite entertaining. Like I said, it's no wonder why people think Evo are so rice. We have freakin kids that wants the show and sound more than performance. I wish the Evo is more expensive so it would make it more difficult for a kid to get their hands on one. By the way Warr, don't expect him to be any more mature, he is afterall only 17. What can you expect from a 17 year old?

Anyhow, I would get rid of

Carbon Fiber Exhaust Heat Shield - $98
Injen Intake W/Upper IC Pipe - $355 (Waste of money imho)
Greddy Type S - $199 (Another waste of money)
Greddy Boost Controller - $299 (Wow, that's some expensive BC)
Apexi Turbo Timer - $89 (Unecessary)

Last edited by Alias; Feb 14, 2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:55 AM

lol..... this is pretty fun im arguing with luke skywalker and his butt buddies.... listen star wars clan, if your trying to make me look like "Darth Vader" its not bothering me.... now if you would like to be some help and maybe join "forces" as you and your lil clan would say, that would be nice, just answere my questions... and if you dont want to.... then stop wasting my thread space, capish?..... mr. "the force is with you" lolllll

I feel a strange disturbance in "da force"...it feels like someones' modded 06 Evo IX MR is about to meet head-on with a large oak tree/telephone pole somewhere in the Chicago, IL galaxy. Let's just hope he wears his seatbelt.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Cool

look, WARRTALON has some good points in his chosen path of mods. you have yours. i think what we are all trying to tell you, aside from making fun of you and your engrish, is that you can do the same thing for ALOT less money. making power is just that. making power. doesnt matter how you get there, i think it comes down to how much money you want to spend.

take for instance, a flashed ECU. two different tuners. one tuner can make your car reeeeeeeeeeeaaally fast. the other tuner can make your car reeeeeeaaally fast AND reliable. you make the same power, but what is the reliability rate??

you dont have to spend that much money on your car to make it fast-as WARRTALON pointed out.

take the basic power upgrade path first. get used to the car. make the driver faster, then the car. it is a different beast than the LS1, much different.

now go, young butterfly, spread your wings and fly, FLY, FLY AWAY....
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:03 AM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AlohaEvo
ps

congrats on the MR...
I think...
he isent calling me a liar that i dont have the car... he is calling me a liar because i said i search, and he proved me wrong..... with something i dint even know where he got lol.. but ne wayz....... Wartalon, seems to me that you basically own the site....... thanks for ruining my thread.... and really that doesent make you even for what i did, because i am one person and you got all your freinds to come in here and tell me how stupid i am and call me star war names, but really im just trying to learn the way and your not helping, so.... since all your other freinds are going to come in here, and tell me how did i not know that the MR doesent have a short throw kit blah blah blah......i guess im just going to have to suck it up till tommorow..... because they are most likely going to delete this post because its and my life is ruined lol lol lol lol lol j/kj j/k j/k j/k ill just make another one tommorow, and i will give you this thread so you can keep on walking all over me because thats my favorite thing to do, but dont forget..... you'll eventually get tired of hassling a 17 year old innocent little child.... and ill keep making them and making them and making them..... and who knows, maybe i can find my own freinds lol
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by badhabit90
look, WARRTALON has some good points in his chosen path of mods. you have yours. i think what we are all trying to tell you, aside from making fun of you and your engrish, is that you can do the same thing for ALOT less money. making power is just that. making power. doesnt matter how you get there, i think it comes down to how much money you want to spend.

take for instance, a flashed ECU. two different tuners. one tuner can make your car reeeeeeeeeeeaaally fast. the other tuner can make your car reeeeeeaaally fast AND reliable. you make the same power, but what is the reliability rate??

you dont have to spend that much money on your car to make it fast-as WARRTALON pointed out.

take the basic power upgrade path first. get used to the car. make the driver faster, then the car. it is a different beast than the LS1, much different.

now go, young butterfly, spread your wings and fly, FLY, FLY AWAY....
lol, yeah but you forgot one thing....... i dont know what im doing lol... it took me around a month or so to come up with that package, because i went back and forth through mods and what i thought were the best type thing lol..then boom gets total shut down from Skywalker....... but if i got the BUSCHER RACE TBE.. and everything else up there besides the short throw because i cant get it.... how much power would i be making?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by EvoLee
I feel a strange disturbance in "da force"...it feels like someones' modded 06 Evo IX MR is about to meet head-on with a large oak tree/telephone pole somewhere in the Chicago, IL galaxy. Let's just hope he wears his seatbelt.
shut your mouth.... Raise up off me dawggg.... before you get clapped up G LOLLLLLLLLL hehehehhe.... the funny thing is, im seriously laughing really hard everytime i type out a comment hahha
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Wow. I wasn't going to post anything here up until I read the part about the Chicago/Cali speaking differences or whatever. Dude just cuz you are from Chicago doesn't give an excuse for you to mix the words "admissions" and "emissions." I was born and raised in Chicago and ended up over here on the west, and I don't seem half retarded like you do when you talk. And it's kinda sad that your parents are doing all this just because you got accepted to a college... Especially since, once again, you don't know the difference between "emissions" and "admissions"

Congrats on the car and everything, just hope some gutted turbo Civic doesn't come and blow you off your feet and make you crash into a tree or something... I don't think your rich parents would like that very much.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Alias
OT - Wow, this thread turn out to be quite entertaining. Like I said, it's no wonder why people think Evo are so rice. We have freakin kids that wants the show and sound more than performance. I wish the Evo is more expensive so it would make it more difficult for a kid to get their hands on one. By the way Warr, don't expect him to be any more mature, he is afterall only 17. What can you expect from a 17 year old?

Anyhow, I would get rid of

Carbon Fiber Exhaust Heat Shield - $98
Injen Intake W/Upper IC Pipe - $355 (Waste of money imho)
Greddy Type S - $199 (Another waste of money)
Greddy Boost Controller - $299 (Wow, that's some expensive BC)
Apexi Turbo Timer - $89 (Unecessary)
thank you for your time and effort you put into the post..... and giving me advice just like i asked (politely) even though you were a bit lippy with me, i appreciate your breaking down the mods i dont need i will take it into consideration
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by eehjay
Wow. I wasn't going to post anything here up until I read the part about the Chicago/Cali speaking differences or whatever. Dude just cuz you are from Chicago doesn't give an excuse for you to mix the words "admissions" and "emissions." I was born and raised in Chicago and ended up over here on the west, and I don't seem half retarded like you do when you talk. And it's kinda sad that your parents are doing all this just because you got accepted to a college... Especially since, once again, you don't know the difference between "emissions" and "admissions"

Congrats on the car and everything, just hope some gutted turbo Civic doesn't come and blow you off your feet and make you crash into a tree or something... I don't think your rich parents would like that very much.
listen dude my parents arent rich, they are just like the rest of you on this forum, you can afford it, im not driving some exotic car, im still driving a mitsubishi... it was a 38 thousand dollar car, and it has to get me till the end of college...... so dont try and pull... your parents are rich so you get ne thing you want... its not like that, they arent even rich, insurance gave me 20 g's for my camaro..... i payed 15 for it..... so all they put was 18g's towards my car..... and plus the camaro i bought with my own money they dint even buy my first car... so dont give me that crap.... "your telling me your parents dint put 18 thousand dollars towards your car?" see you wouldent be saying all of this if you just asked how i got the car einstein
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Cool

without cams, you would roughly be making 285-300hp with the mods you listed. you could do the mods a slightly different way and save money to put into a better reflash, cams, etc.

like this:

exhaust(3" pipe is 3"pipe. its just the name and tone that people like. they all make about the same power-give or take 2-3hp)
downpipe(same here)
mbc set to 20psi
better airfilter-WORKS or K/N(no need for an intake yet. your not to the 400hp level or big turbo and no stand alone)
helix intercooler pipes(kit is upper and lower for about $350 from gruppe s)

at this point you will be making just shy of the 300hp mark on the stock turbo.

with a flash-you will be making roughly 300hp.

now add cams-
HKS 272-264(which ever combo)
WORKS 269
GSC 272-264(which ever combo)
any aftermarket valve spring kit

any one of these cams you will be making a guaranteed 25+hp

fuel pump and BOV(if you really cant stand the MR one you got-MR one is good)

then get reflashed

so now you are into the 320-340hp range.

add alky kit-get reflashed again and-turn up the boost to 25-26psi and watch the numbers skyrocket to the near 400hp mark.

pick a goal for your car first. then get there to your goal. be warned, though, throwing a bunch of parts together without that goal may hinder desired performace.

good luck. spaceball...

Last edited by badhabit90; Feb 14, 2006 at 01:32 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

thank you for your time and effort you put into the post..... and giving me advice just like i asked (politely) even though you were a bit lippy with me, i appreciate your breaking down the mods i dont need i will take it into consideration
I do think sometimes people here are a bit harsh on young newbies. But I guess that's just the way it is. Anyhow, if you spend a little bit more time on doing a search, you will find that your stock BOV will be sufficient. Also, instead of the intake, just get a drop in filter.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:32 AM

Round 1 over.

im going to sleep if this forum isent already destroyed when i wake up..... ill post some more, oh and at first just to let you know... my first comments of lol lol lol j/k j/k..... i was seroius... then after that, i got sarcastic lol... i dont act that way i was just angry that Skywalker ruined my very first thread..... over nothing, over something that could have been resolved if he would have said something, but i guess he decided to just go straight for the kill with his lil starship trooper buddies........ but it kinda maufunictioned.... because he prolly thought i was going to leave and get taken advantage of... i will stick up for what i think is right

you just couldent let it go could you Skywalker

Last edited by EuroRacer09; Feb 14, 2006 at 01:36 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:35 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Alias
I do think sometimes people here are a bit harsh on young newbies. But I guess that's just the way it is. Anyhow, if you spend a little bit more time on doing a search, you will find that your stock BOV will be sufficient. Also, instead of the intake, just get a drop in filter.
i really hate to say this, because i know skywalker is going to come in here all buck wild on my azz lol..... but i want the bov so it can make that loud whoopisshhh

thanks for the info though, ill def. look it up

Quick Reply: New Evo Owner... What YA thInk