Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing teams up with Warrtalon....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2006, 09:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Website is updated. I tried to find the original testing sheet on the mufflers/cats etc. I am missing page one of my notes. Kind of ticks me off. There was a lot data on that sheet. Oh well....

You may have lost your notes, but there is the post history on this website to refer to. From your December 13, 2004 post in the super long dyno thread:

I did do a test on the Magnaflow muffler VS. the Buschur Racing lightweight muffler. I honestly thought in the back of my head that the Magnaflow would outflow our muffler, that's not what happened. Two runs back-to-back, one was 6 whp less the other was 10 whp less. The full 3" offroad system with our lightweight muffler made the same HP as an open exhaust on the car and did it with less boost, THAT was a shocker. I was right on the money with my estimates for the 3" highflow cat, if I remember right it was almost exactly 10 whp lost at the 315 whp level.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1472427&postcount=92

Combine that with what you posted on March 29, 2006:

Our new bullet muffler did the impossible. My RS picked up 6 whp and 10 ft lbs of torque testing it against our BR lightweight muffler. The new internal design is what made it possible. The sound is amazing.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...57&postcount=1

So, putting those posts together, the bullet muffler should beat the Magnaflow by about 14 whp and a Magnaflow with a cat (what I have) should cost about 24 whp compared to a test pipe/bullet muffler set-up.

FWIW, I've been "spoken to" by local police about my Magnaflow high-flow cat setup being too loud and my wife and neighbors also have complained about it. It may be a lot quieter than the other options, but it's still way way louder than stock. Then again, I have cams, an O2 housing, etc. too, so maybe my car would be loud with the stock exhaust now.

Old Jul 3, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
You may have lost your notes, but there is the post history on this website to refer to. From your December 13, 2004 post in the super long dyno thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1472427&postcount=92

Combine that with what you posted on March 29, 2006:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...57&postcount=1

So, putting those posts together, the bullet muffler should beat the Magnaflow by about 14 whp and a Magnaflow with a cat (what I have) should cost about 24 whp compared to a test pipe/bullet muffler set-up.

FWIW, I've been "spoken to" by local police about my Magnaflow high-flow cat setup being too loud and my wife and neighbors also have complained about it. It may be a lot quieter than the other options, but it's still way way louder than stock. Then again, I have cams, an O2 housing, etc. too, so maybe my car would be loud with the stock exhaust now.

Nice work......Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for digging that stuff up, I was just too lazy

Here are some points though. When I did that original testing it was at 315 whp on a Dynojet 2wd dyno. The race muffler made the same whp as an open exhaust. The 2nd round of testing when the new bullet muffler made more power than the old BR race muffler I was making 450 whp on an AWD Dynojet. So as the power went up even the race muffler became restrictive again.

Last week we dropped the exhaust off the car for a test and the power actually dropped compared to with the full turbo back. I was in a hurry and didn't do any datalog comparisons and such to figure out why but I was surprised to see a loss in power.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

sooo dont know if it was asked.... b/c i dont feel like readin 5+ pages of posts.. but will there b a warrtalon turbo kit package.... reason i was wondering im going to order the stage 1 and prob stg 2 in a month or so... but i wanna upgrade to a bigger turbo some time in the near future.. i dont want to buy things that are going to b obsolete i.e tbe.... kinda lookin at the gt35r kit are the exhaust flanges diff? or do i need to buy a diff dp when that is done thank you for your help in advance... and good work!!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

There are no plans for turbo kits or further stages right now. We offer them directly if you are interested. You can call us or find details on our website, www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

There are no plans for turbo kits or further stages right now. We offer them directly if you are interested. You can call us or find details on our website, www.buschurracing.com
thanx david... i checked it out... and will be contacting u guys in the future....
Old Nov 14, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any holiday specials coming up for this package?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

We generally put the BR Stage 1 package on sale around Christmas, we have never run a sale on the Warrtalon package.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Try using a cat back that has a resonator built in before the muffler. Has also made my neighbors happy (even with no cat).
Old Nov 24, 2006, 09:51 PM

I hope Christmas comes sooner. Really want to get the package.
We generally put the BR Stage 1 package on sale around Christmas, we have never run a sale on the Warrtalon package.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:30 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by astroboy
I hope Christmas comes sooner. Really want to get the package.
Me too!!!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bump for new Evo owners who aren't aware of these packages.

Also, if you need to contact me, the new email is warrtalon@gmail.com or just use AIM (sn: warrtalon).

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jan 3, 2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 07:13 PM

I heart Warrtalon!