Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

500whp stock block club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2006, 02:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would have to say though, those high HP dyno graphs you have there are pretty retarded. especially the first one. that is the most horrible turbo lag i have ever seen on a car. from the looks of it, it doesn't ever make peak torque. i mean, it would just be stupid to drive because once it hits full boost you are shifting again. as far as drivability is concerned, i would much rather stick with something that makes decent power with a much broader torque curve. for instance, i may be making only 310 hp at the wheels, but i make peak torque before those guys even start the dyno pull. i have 1.5bar boost before 3000 rpm. who is going to win on a tight street course, certainly not any of those cars.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah but who will win on the strip? Some people like racing straight to the finish line instead of going around it LOL.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Once I make a few passes without any problems (Ignition, shifting, etc...) I am expecting a 10.80 @ 132-133 on street tires. After I hit that goal I will throw on some slicks and most likely a 50 or 75 shot and see what it does with a little giggle juice. I plan on hitting a 9 second pass on the stock motor.
I am waiting on stock block to hit 9 sec !!That will be my goal when I have EVO!!
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
i would have to say though, those high HP dyno graphs you have there are pretty retarded. especially the first one. that is the most horrible turbo lag i have ever seen on a car. from the looks of it, it doesn't ever make peak torque. i mean, it would just be stupid to drive because once it hits full boost you are shifting again. as far as drivability is concerned, i would much rather stick with something that makes decent power with a much broader torque curve. for instance, i may be making only 310 hp at the wheels, but i make peak torque before those guys even start the dyno pull. i have 1.5bar boost before 3000 rpm. who is going to win on a tight street course, certainly not any of those cars.
Who care??These car are set for street line.If you drive proper,there are no lag.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 04:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks like I will be joining this club.. Probably closer to 600whp, I intentionally left the bottom end completely stock, along with the head studs and other components..

I suspect the failure at those levels are due to fatigue and problems, durability of this engine is without question the best I've ever experienced.. But a bad tune or a bad tank of gas is where you have to be concerned.. I think the stock engine can withstand well over 600whp just not hitting that constantly..
Old Jul 22, 2006, 08:16 AM

For those of you who have doubt on how long a 500 plus HP stock block will last well my car is a daily driver and still going. Props to all those that have made it to the 500 WHP Club!!!!!

MY Mods: DNP Header, AEM EMS, AEM CD2I Ignition, Single coil system, 3" downpipe & Exhaust, Tial 40 mm Waste Gate, SMC Alcohal Injection, Exedy Twin Disc, RC 1000cc Injectors, 272 HKS Cams, Fidanza Cam Gears, Turbo ?

These numbers where on 93 Octane with alcoha injection on 29 PSI. See the graph it says it all.
Attached Thumbnails 500whp stock block club-567-whp.jpg  
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Looks like I will be joining this club.. Probably closer to 600whp, I intentionally left the bottom end completely stock, along with the head studs and other components..

I suspect the failure at those levels are due to fatigue and problems, durability of this engine is without question the best I've ever experienced.. But a bad tune or a bad tank of gas is where you have to be concerned.. I think the stock engine can withstand well over 600whp just not hitting that constantly..
I will agree with you on this one. I am completely amazed the rods dont snap on these cars. After taking a look at how puny they are I can't believe they take the power and revs people shove them through.

Every time at the track I run mine to 9k presumably at over 500whp. This is with a completely stock bottom end with the stock head. Amazing.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

batlground should be on the list too.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

This is a sweet thread.. I've always wondered what kind of power EVOs can lay down on the stock motor. My goal is to hit 450whp, so it sounds like I could easilly hit that and be pretty safe too!
Old Jul 22, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
I dont have any dynographs on mine but I am somewhat confident that I would be in this category. At 26 psi the car traps at 128-129 mph. I run mine now at 30psi but had ignition issues which are now hopefully fixed so I will see what the new MPH is at 30psi.

Stock Block, Stock Head (Aside from HKS 272/272 and headstuds)
GT35R, .63 ar hotside, small E-cover
Shearer Header, Shearer o2 housing, custom 3" turboback
MBC, Magnus Intake Manifold, Aeromotive A-1000 & Fuel pressure regulator, -10 feed lines, fuel rail, -8 return lines, 8 gallon fuel cell
Tial 44mm wastegate, HKS ssqv BOV, custom lower, and upper ic pipes, Buschur deluxe FMIC
AEM EMS
TRE Race Transmission, Stock Rear End, Stock Axles, Stock T-Case, Stock Front diff

As for reliability... I drive mine daily. I beat the hell out of it. I have had well over 100 passes on the motor without failure.
what did you add to get rid of your ignition issues? i get bad break up anything over 25psi on ngk bpr7es plugs.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 03:09 PM

pushing 500whp how much hp are you pushing
Old Jul 22, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yooo autie
pushing 500whp how much hp are you pushing
500whp. That is all that matters.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone??
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone??
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
I'm surprised that people have only pushed it to the mid 500s. There's plenty of Honda guys pushing the stock K20a2 from the RSX-S to 450whp+...and that's an 11.0 compression motor with an open deck aluminum block.
The motors aren't even comparable. With a 40R we made well over 600whp on the 15 psi wastegate spring on that motor with just a thicker HG to bring the comp down a bit for the octane. It is in a different league. The head is unreal. Oh yeah...pump gas

Quick Reply: 500whp stock block club