Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2.4L 4g64 Stock Turbo - Dyno

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmmm this might be alittle interesting...... Wonder if it could support what im looking for in a set up
Old Nov 2, 2006, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evoryder
nope...sounds like fun...think the helmets a little overkill though...
wasn't with those POS drivers lol

I have a T3 header will possibly have a gt35r ready by January.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

awsome, finally some dyno results to look at with this setup. I like the numbers but would prefer to see what they would be if on a Mustang dyno. I have a 2.3 stroker from Jackson Auto Machine (4g63 block) with their stage I head (valves, springs, lifters, etc, etc), aem ems, MBC, walbro fp, 3" TBE with test pipe, exedy twin clutch, stock hotside, stock turbo, stock cams, road tuned by some local guy in tuscon that has a lot of experience with aem, but not much with evos. besides minor problems, I am happy with the tune and I have 10K miles on the motor. Waiting for some more cash flow and someone I can really trust(and won't charge and arm and a leg) to get it retuned on a dyno. However, the more I drive it without major problems the less I want to change it. I can consistently slowly walk away from the old svt cobras, lifting every shift, so as to be kind to the tranny. hung with a new corvette, not the z06. I figure I am around 300whp on a mustang dyno, comparing it to other evo's that were dynotuned. It's nice to see good numbers with the stock turbo and the extra cc's
Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

well my results could have been allot better. It was tuned according to the PSI output of the dynojet but that was off by a few PSI. I also had massive amounts of knock that would present itself if we started the pull at anything under 3krpm. I later discovered I did not bolton the bracket under the intake manifold which would hit the block causing it to detect knock. I also had a cracked header, a boost leak and a torn coupler which i found the following weekend. I had just put the car togther the weekend before so I didn't have much time to get rid of all the bugs.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

I wonder how it would work with an IX turbo but with the 03 turbo I get allot of surge under 3k rpm... I might dyno the car again this weekend just to see how it does since I worked out all the bugs. Only thing I can't do anything about is the surge.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

What RPM Are you hitting up top??
Old Dec 28, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stevEVO8
What RPM Are you hitting up top??
i have my rev limiter set at 7,500 but it is kind of pointless to go up that high with the stock turbo. I shift at 7k if I am driving the car hard.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joeymia
I wonder how it would work with an IX turbo but with the 03 turbo I get allot of surge under 3k rpm... I might dyno the car again this weekend just to see how it does since I worked out all the bugs. Only thing I can't do anything about is the surge.
With my 2.3 I am getting the same issue. High gear + low RPM = SURGE! It's avoidable but I am blowing out my spark from the backup of exhaust gasses. It doesn't translate to knock (fortunately) but is really stressful on the bearings and creates misfires. This is on a stock '03 16G.

Once the 50Trim goes in this is be null and void
Old Dec 28, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nrcooled
With my 2.3 I am getting the same issue. High gear + low RPM = SURGE! It's avoidable but I am blowing out my spark from the backup of exhaust gasses. It doesn't translate to knock (fortunately) but is really stressful on the bearings and creates misfires. This is on a stock '03 16G.

Once the 50Trim goes in this is be null and void
3rd, 4th, 5th and even sometimes 2nd surge for me. I just try to keep it up above 3k
Old Dec 28, 2006, 07:41 AM
Account Disabled

You have to degree your camgears differently on a 2.4L.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
You have to degree your camgears differently on a 2.4L.
would this prevent surge?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you check the compressor map on the stock turbo its probably going over the surge line. don't have have one with me but thats probably it.
Instead of killing your self to get it running right i would just recomend upgrading the turbo.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jean
If you check the compressor map on the stock turbo its probably going over the surge line. don't have have one with me but thats probably it.
Instead of killing your self to get it running right i would just recomend upgrading the turbo.
yeah i know i am not worrying about the surge. I can avoid easily avoid it so it doesn't bother me. How about giving me a turbo Hopefully soon I'll upgrade it.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joeymia
yeah i know i am not worrying about the surge. I can avoid easily avoid it so it doesn't bother me. How about giving me a turbo Hopefully soon I'll upgrade it.
I'll give you another stocker and you can get a custom manifold and go twin turbo.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jean
I'll give you another stocker and you can get a custom manifold and go twin turbo.
i would actually try that if someone made me a cheap manifold

Quick Reply: 2.4L 4g64 Stock Turbo - Dyno