Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

stock BOV fluttering/ motor stuttering?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont get the forge, it does EXACTLY what you are describing and drives me crazy. I bought it to handle the higher boost (28psi witht meth) and i ended up going back to the stocker

if i wasnt running meth and wasnt worried about venting meth to my engine bay, id have the aps already, just from all the good things ive heard about it on here
Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

When the vacuum line isn't attached to the nipple at the top of the BOV it makes my car idle ****ty and the BOV flutters. hopefully you can find the problem.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ Mine is attached... =/
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PANGES
I just finished reading the posts.. I dont have a MBC. My boost is controller through that pill that Vishnu puts in the lines to raise the boost to 23 psi. I'm stumped... I've never heard of a stock IX bov breaking before? Strangely, it only recently started happening after my clutch job, but I doubt that has anything to do with it, because those things are'nt even touched to do a clutch. Is there a way to test if it's a bov for sure? I dont wanna spend that much money on an aftermarket bov if my stock one is'nt really broken.
well...you never know. Your boost control solenoid is down there on top of the tranny. Someone could have disturbed/disconnected it when doing a clutch job. I would suspect more problems than what you are experiencing though.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by teknishnIX
I doubt its the MBC. I have a BR Cone on my rig so I can hear the BOV... and I can hear the BOV flutter at the same time the stutter occurs.

Mind you, at least in my case, this is pretty rare anyway and doesn't really bother me much at all. Only really happens in partial throttle situations. Its almost like the system thinks we are about to go to town, when in fact we are letting off the gas a bit in stop and go traffic.
Doubt if you wish. But I've had these exact symptoms (recurring) and the Forge part is the culprit.

Sorry for the partial thread hijack.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by teknishnIX
I doubt its the MBC. I have a BR Cone on my rig so I can hear the BOV... and I can hear the BOV flutter at the same time the stutter occurs.

Mind you, at least in my case, this is pretty rare anyway and doesn't really bother me much at all. Only really happens in partial throttle situations. Its almost like the system thinks we are about to go to town, when in fact we are letting off the gas a bit in stop and go traffic.

Mine does the same. Evo VIII with TBE and BR Cone.