Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

clutch problem...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2006, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
idriveaevo, I was able to 100% fix my clutch problems by adjusting pushrod on pedal (two turns, pedal to floor/pushrod to aft)
it seems that adjusting my pedal helped alot but its still there a bit and yes i do get a clutch smell when barely taking off....
Old Nov 7, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I took 992gnt's advice (which possible save me from destroying my freshly installed clutch) .

The clutch would smell just from backing up - it was like it didn't heat up.

I made 1.5 - 2 full turns on the pushrod pulling it out (pedal is closer to floor) so it engages sooner. problem vanished as soon as I took off.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

how far from the floor does your clutch START to grab?? if its still easy to shift you cant be to close right??
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure how far but it is less than before

It shifts same if not, better
Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TRE states on their site, that it should engage/disengage around 2-3 inches off the floor. the best way to do it is put all 4 wheels in the air and start the car, put it in 1st gear and see how far the pedal goes till the wheels start turning. good luck.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i recently had a gruppe-s lightened flywheel, SS clutch line, and exedy single disc organic clutch installed, and i have had pretty much every "problem" you stated. i have noticed since the install, about 800miles ago, that the clutch burning smell has stopped. The smell only happened when starting out, and it was like the car had been launched, but it has now stopped. The car is much easier to drive now that it was when the clutch was first installed. I get the same racket you get on the decel while in gear, i believe this is called engine braking. For now I am satisfied with the car, as long as it doesn't break in the very near future. Good luck
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

well ive got about 400 miles on mine now and the rattle has decreased and the shaking at first take off has lessend but i still get the burn smell with normal take off..... hopefully it all breaks in and stops
Old Nov 7, 2006, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

did you check the pedal, the clutch may not be fully engaging.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
I just got done installing my ACT with Gruppe-S flywheel. Asides from chatter coming from there, I haven't had any of these problems. No smell, no shaking or anything like that. I didn't have to adjust my pedal either.

Now what I did have a problem with (not because of the clutch/fly itself) was that one of my friends forgot to fully tighten the driveshaft bolts. I lost two of them on the way home. There was a clicking sound which would be followed by VIOLENT shaking/vibration fromdirectly under me. Even though this doesn't sound like your problem, might be worth it to double-check. Also re-check that rear motor mount.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Been 20 miles since pedal adjustment and NO MORE smell, not to mention drivable.

I just hope I didn't pull some life out of it in the 180 miles it did give me trouble
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Been 20 miles since pedal adjustment and NO MORE smell, not to mention drivable.

I just hope I didn't pull some life out of it in the 180 miles it did give me trouble
same here.... but for some reason i get my pedal adjusted how i like it with no startoff shake, then in the morning its farther out.... any reason for this??
Old Nov 8, 2006, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

When are you off? Wanted to get with you on this pedal adjustment for mine. Shakes like crazy at times from a dead stop.

SUCKS AZZ
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by idriveaevo
same here.... but for some reason i get my pedal adjusted how i like it with no startoff shake, then in the morning its farther out.... any reason for this??
bleed your clutch slave cylinder.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
When are you off? Wanted to get with you on this pedal adjustment for mine. Shakes like crazy at times from a dead stop.

SUCKS AZZ
I'll drop by on my lunch - somewhere between 18:00 - 2100 if your working today. I'll do what fixed mine, but no guarantee
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hondafan
bleed your clutch slave cylinder.
Thats what i was thinking as well.... what fluid does it use??? and it bleeds just like a caliper right??

Quick Reply: clutch problem...