Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

clutch problem...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2006, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TogueMonster
I think I need to adjust my clutch but I cant see jack under the panel that covers the pedals. If I could see it, I'd adjust the pedal myself. Do I need to remove the panel to do this?
no, no. here you go . it's a little confusing till you do it once, then it's easy after that.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just adjusted mine, going to do a longer test drive but my initial drive was good.

EDIT: Did about 2 turns initially and it seemed like it was fine. After a full day of driving I still get a TINY bit of the grapping and bucking so I'll turn it about another turn tommorow and that should clear it up.

Last edited by BADEVO; Nov 11, 2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

I know this is an old thread...,BUT

I just installed my EXedy Twin HD last night, and when i was driving home i had a problem:

WHEN the car is IDLING, in NEUTRAL it occasionally stalls or the RPMs lower where its startingto stall. This is when it is in NEUTRAL, NOT in gear.

The RPMs dip OCCASIONALLY in neutral when at IDLE at a STOP.

ANYONE know whats up
Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON

ANYONE know whats up
did you bleed the clutch line and adjust the pedal engagement point so that the wheels start spinning(with the vehicle off the ground)with the pedal around 3" off the floor? try those first. sounds like your clutch isn't fully disengaging.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Yes i bled the clutch line, and i have NOT adjusted the pedal yet. I plan on adjusting it Wednesday or after its broken in...or should i do it sooner?

I did check the engagement point, it was on the lift about only half a foot off the ground. I started it up (with the vehicle suspended abt half a foot in the air) and put it into first....then SLOWLY let out the clutch to see where the engagement point is. It is high right now, probably needs adjutment
Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Yes i bled the clutch line, and i have NOT adjusted the pedal yet. I plan on adjusting it Wednesday or after its broken in...or should i do it sooner?
usually, i adjust it after install, then again after break-in. the pedal should be around 3 inches from the floor when it begins to engage, and you should make sure the drivetrain is at normal operating temp when adjusting.