Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The NEW "GT35R" from Buschur Racing..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Thanks to those of you not giving me a hard time.
Dave you suck!

Just out of curiosity but do you think overall hp and torque is going to improve or just increase in the lower rpm? Just asking cause in the graphs it looks like the lines are getting close up top and if you would continue out to 8000rpm or so would they be close to the same? Hope that makes sense. Still looks awsome to me, hopefully the price doesnt go up too much.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do I shut it off at 7,000 rpm. Let me explain briefly. How many dyno runs are on YOUR car? Mine has hundreds. How many other shops do anything like this other than me? Uh, basically none. I am on the dyno beating the **** out of my own stuff constantly. So now for the actual explaination. Two things wear an engine out quickly, boost and RPM. Seeing as how I am constantly dyno'ing this car, driving it and racing it I really have no desire to swap engines on a regular basis. How high do you want to see a dyno graph, 10,000 rpm? The engine will do it. If I did it for the last 100 dyno runs, the track runs and every time I drove it it would simply wear out. I have no desire to do that. If you'd like higher RPM results please bring your car by, we'll put the parts on your car and I will rev it as high as you like as many times as you like I ran the car higher a few of the runs. The curve goes flat just as you can see it doing at 7,000 rpm so there is no need to go higher, it is at it's maximum power there and stays at the same point.

I swear no matter what I take time to do I get ****ng harrassed here.
Thank's for the clarification, but you didn't have to cry about it!
Old Jan 20, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

It will be interesting to see what the Subaru guys think of my testing on the Subi's.
I would think they would be exited about it. I've read numerous posts about Subi owners wishing you would make parts for them. Good luck on cracking into a new market!

What is different about this turbo compared to the regular 35r? Could you apply that change to other Garrett turbo's?
Old Jan 20, 2007, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO8_PR
Thank's for the clarification, but you didn't have to cry about it!
You don't have to post the crap you post either. Buschur constantly comes out with new parts, new dynos, comparisons etc and every single freaking time some people can't just say thanks What other shop put's out this kind of data, dynos, comparisons, and new products this regularly? Just be grateful that he does what he does geesh.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 03:54 PM
Account Disabled

looks like a beast of a turbo...
Old Jan 20, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, I can overlay the 20GLT to this. I don't know how to do it so Jarrod will have to do it this week. We'll post them then.

Thanks a bunch Dave, looking forward to the 20GLT comparison! I'd also be interested to see how this would compare to a 3065?
Old Jan 20, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
You don't have to post the crap you post either. Buschur constantly comes out with new parts, new dynos, comparisons etc and every single freaking time some people can't just say thanks What other shop put's out this kind of data, dynos, comparisons, and new products this regularly? Just be grateful that he does what he does geesh.
What crap did I post? Asking why he didn't rev it past 7000rpm if he has a fully built engine is crap? You know, maybe Dave could sell a bra and claim it increases horsepower, so people like you just go ahead and buy it without asking!
Old Jan 20, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
As can be seen by the dyno chart. The hp and torque were improved across the entire RPM range. The gains at 7,000 rpm aren't as drastic as the rest of the curve but it still has gains up top.

The big improvement in this turbo, was hoped to be, in the power band. That is exactly what it did. Improved the entire power band.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

What would you suspect the hp #s to be on pump/alky?
Old Jan 20, 2007, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

cloudy, I have no idea. Lower than these.

The most I have made on a GT35r on pump/alky on our dyno was my brother's car and was around 470 whp. The car ran 10.8 at 131 mph.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 06:57 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes, I can overlay the 20GLT to this. I don't know how to do it so Jarrod will have to do it this week. We'll post them then.

Hah! I'll leave that up to the knit-pickers and off-topic posters. Now, if I don't see that overlay in a week or so, then I'll be giving you a hard time!

Thanks for continuing to provide with parts to make our cars faster/better! So here's the pressing question that I have about this turbo: You always preach about how you 'hate' the drivability of a 35r car compared to your 20G-LT. Is the powerband on this turbo improved enough that you would consider keeping this on your car for DD purposes?

Maybe wait to answer this after a few days with this turbo on your car...
Old Jan 20, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

As can be seen by the dyno chart. The hp and torque were improved across the entire RPM range. The gains at 7,000 rpm aren't as drastic as the rest of the curve but it still has gains up top.

The big improvement in this turbo, was hoped to be, in the power band. That is exactly what it did. Improved the entire power band.
Sounds good to me
Old Jan 20, 2007, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

The most I have made on a GT35r on pump/alky on our dyno was my brother's car and was around 470 whp. The car ran 10.8 at 131 mph.

You made 470whp on a 35r on pump/alky? Do you remember what the boost was at?
Ive been talking to you about getting some good numbers on pump, and we were only talkn about the FP3065 and 50trim. Why didnt you mention this kit or the 35r for gettn crazy power on pump? lol
Old Jan 21, 2007, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Dave, you made 472 on pump and alky with my car at the dyno shoot out in aug

Keith
Old Jan 21, 2007, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

I have not driven my car on the road. It is going to be a LONG time before it sees a road in Ohio again. They are covered in salt, THANK YOU GENIUS'S OF THE OHIO HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT-*** HOLES!! I hate road salt. Hate it. So until the weather clears and we get some heavy rains to clean the roads my car will not be driven, no way.

This still isn't going to make a "fun" street car, not in my opinion, but the increases in the mid range are definetely going to be felt and make it more "fun" than before.

Yes, Keith, your right, I did make big power with your car too, didn't I? Forgot about that one.

Quick Reply: The NEW "GT35R" from Buschur Racing..