Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

400whp IX possible with ONLY cams or ONLY Methanol (Plus supporting mods for both)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow 400whp IX possible with ONLY cams or ONLY Methanol (Plus supporting mods for both)?

Hey all...

First off, I would like to apologize for the double post. It was wrong and will not happen again so that this thread will stay.

Ive had a goal of 400whp on the stock IX turbo ever since I bought the car. I know that that is a silly goal, but it is the ultimate means of satisfaction in my eyes because I will rarely race the car.

I currently have all of the mods in my signature on the car and plan on adding more before Al comes to Chicago to tune February 20th. I will be adding a BR Deluxe FMIC, BR UICP, ARP headstuds, Forge RS DV, and One Step Colder Plugs for the tune.

I am trying to get to 400 whp and dont need much more. I am trying to figure out if I can do it with all the above mods PLUS JUST GSC S1 Cams or JUST a Snow Performance Methanol 2D Injection Kit (Or JUST 100 oct daily), or do I need both the cams and injection kit to hit that number?

Can I just use one or the other with the above mods or do I need both to hit 400whp?

Once again, the mods in my signature and a BR Deluxe FMIC, BR UICP, ARP headstuds, Forge RS DV, and One Step Colder Plugs will be added for the tune too, on top of the cams and/or meth (or race gas).

Thank you and I apologize again for the double post!

- Dominic
Old Jan 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hit 409 on a Dyno Jet with Cams and all the same type of bolt ons as you.

347 on a dyno dynamics, and 409 on the Dyno jet. Cams no meth.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 03:46 PM
Account Disabled

all depends on the dyno but either is possible, meth will make more power than cams though...
Old Jan 24, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting...

More input please!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

on a lX you should be set on goal with the cams snow kit should not neccesary but a good idea to over reach ...good luck
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

I ve put 337/342 on a Dyno Dynamics at 22psi spike and i still have a cat and i still don't have aftermarket MAF pipe, o2 housing, manifold, testpipe, instecooler piping, intercooler and wastegate actuator...

400whp is 120% doable on a dynojet on pump gas and that's my target in the next couple of months... i am just gathering parts to install them together...

On a mixture with C16, spike at 30psi (but never holding proper boost due to a leaking bov as i have set up my Greddy bov too soft for such high pressure) we saw 373whp and 422ft-lbs on the Dyno Dynamics...with the 1.12 correction that's 418whp and 473ft-lbs torgue on a Dynojet...Can't imagine the numbers with the rest parts that i need and race gas... Definitely will exceed 400whp on the Dyno Dynamics...

P.S. Meth is a little bit risky for me and i don't need it every day... When i want to race the car i simply "mix" in my garage and i am ready to rock'n'roll...
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kouzman
I ve put 337/342 on a Dyno Dynamics at 22psi spike and i still have a cat and i still don't have aftermarket MAF pipe, o2 housing, manifold, testpipe, instecooler piping, intercooler and wastegate actuator...

400whp is 120% doable on a dynojet on pump gas and that's my target in the next couple of months... i am just gathering parts to install them together...

On a mixture with C16, spike at 30psi (but never holding proper boost due to a leaking bov as i have set up my Greddy bov too soft for such high pressure) we saw 373whp and 422ft-lbs on the Dyno Dynamics...with the 1.12 correction that's 418whp and 473ft-lbs torgue on a Dynojet...Can't imagine the numbers with the rest parts that i need and race gas... Definitely will exceed 400whp on the Dyno Dynamics...

P.S. Meth is a little bit risky for me and i don't need it every day... When i want to race the car i simply "mix" in my garage and i am ready to rock'n'roll...
So which would you say is needed?

Race gas or meth?

Cams?

Both?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

careful you dont run out of fuel on stock injectors....
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:35 PM
Account Disabled

For 400whp why replace the headstuds? Did you replace them correctly by pulling the head, prepping the head and block, final degrease with acetone and new OEM headgasket, torqued in sequence in stages with a final retorque after 10 heatcycles as ARP recommends. Or did you just pull the old ones out (unseating the headgasket) and slap ARP's in? Do you eve realize how strong the stock headbolts are when not untorqued?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _EVOlved_
So which would you say is needed?

Race gas or meth?

Cams?

Both?
I say that you can achieve 400whp on pump with the cams on a Dynojet easily...

With meth and the cams you can easily exceed 400whp on a Dyno Dynamics (we ve seen a post from Dynoflash with a car that had a HUGE manifold leak, however exceeded 400whp on the Dyno Dynamics).

DEFINITELY you need head studs, fuel pump and i think as well noted you are, we are in the limit of the stocks injectors...

I prefer to use race gas on occassion instead of having meth... So i went with the cams and not the meth kit...
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:48 PM
Account Disabled

no need for headstuds, do your homework, they were a fad that cam from the 2g dsms...fuel pump and meth injection is the only needed things before doing cams...
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
no need for headstuds, do your homework, they were a fad that cam from the 2g dsms...fuel pump and meth injection is the only needed things before doing cams...

THANKYOU!

Not only a fad but a downright dangerous thing to do. The head and block must be prepped, new HG installed, and torqued with lube and retorqued as ARP's specs. Not only that but ARP's are NOT reuseable. You must measure and mark them all before installing them and remeasure them if you choose to try to reuse them. Why?

I'm glad you asked. I ****ing hate ARP and their products. I stretched the **** out of my ARP's at the shootout this year. I've had better luck with stock mitsu bolts.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kouzman

Running near 30PSI?? Sure you might get 400whp, but how long is your car going to last running boost that high?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

so you guys dont suggest in getting apr studs running 22 23 psi no meth nothing like that bolts on and cams?? safer being with out them unless the proper install?

Originally Posted by dan l
THANKYOU!

Not only a fad but a downright dangerous thing to do. The head and block must be prepped, new HG installed, and torqued with lube and retorqued as ARP's specs. Not only that but ARP's are NOT reuseable. You must measure and mark them all before installing them and remeasure them if you choose to try to reuse them. Why?

I'm glad you asked. I ****ing hate ARP and their products. I stretched the **** out of my ARP's at the shootout this year. I've had better luck with stock mitsu bolts.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Calm down Dan.