Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

400whp IX possible with ONLY cams or ONLY Methanol (Plus supporting mods for both)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No need to be concerned about the value there son, you have a IX RS, you can make more power than us with just tuning and water-methanol. Besides, he never listed a "AWHP" or "AWTQ" so basically 409 hp can easily be a valid calculation produced from <309 whp on a Mustang dyno.

Welcome to EvoM spin
Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you fellow chemist friend
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No problem, but academically I'm a microbiologist that by trade turns wrenches on aircraft for a living.

Still love o-chem with a passion though
Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who don't believe the probability of having a IX with 400whp on pump explain this...

http://www.buschurracing.com/stage3.htm

the 8 with a smaller turbo, smaller duration cams, no mivec, and a less developed head than the IX's makes 361whp on 94 pump. Are you telling me that the bigger turbo, more aggresive cams, better head which allows more boost for the same octane rating and mivec adjustment doesn't worth 39whp more on the dynojet?

Again, we have seen MANY MANY examples of IXs with the VERY BASIC MODS (intake, decated turboback, flash) to give from 335-355whp on 93 octane. Just with these three mods... This is undeniable...

The o2 housing which from the various tests worths 8-14whp more, a full piping kit and intercooler, which again is proven to give more power and consistency, a ported/coated manifold or tubular manifold, which again is proven to give ~10whp (maybe even a little bit more), the cams which show that they worth AT LEAST 15-16whp (either the cossies or the s1s), a wastegate actuator which probably can lessen boost taper (haven't tested it personally yet, but even if it holds 1-2psi near the redline thats lots of power...), plus the ability of the IX to handle more boost than the 8 for the same octane rating (personally i don't have any issues whatsoever even when i have my IX spiking at 24psi on just 93 octane) are definitely a good package to push the IX towards 400whp on the stock turbo on pump gas...

Today i received my o2 housing. Next week i will do a dynorun on a dynojet (my previous run was 329 without the cams, custom tune instead of the eflash, and fuel pump) before the housing install, which i strongly believe will show 370ish and then i will install the housing and dyno again... Note that STILL i have a catalytic converter on the car.... if the car shows 380s after the o2 housing then i bet my right ball that with a testpipe, wastegate, intercooler piping, fmic, turbo pipe (still have the stock) and a new set of plugs (still have the originals with 5500 miles...have the new ones that i will gap and install) will definitely pass 400whp on pump gas and the stock turbo...

Tell me if i am wrong in anything of the above... everything that i said has been tested, dyno'ed and discussed sooooo much in these forums and other forums... that if you still don't believe it, then.... i rest my case....
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:03 AM
Evolved Member

Hmmm....
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:08 AM
Evolved Member

Check this out guys:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...74&postcount=1

Not too impressed with only a 14whp and 13wtq gain on a dynojet...